Posted By: AntiGov

Gun guys - 11/22/22 03:16 AM

Anybody have one of these ?

Looks to be a great gun for the price .....$599

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 160user

Re: Gun guys - 11/22/22 03:17 AM

Nope. I bet in 300 WM it gets your attention.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Gun guys - 11/22/22 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by 160user
Nope. I bet in 300 WM it gets your attention.

It's threaded for a muzzle brake , which is nice , others I looked at in the 600-800 range don't
Posted By: DavidInMT

Re: Gun guys - 11/22/22 03:31 AM

From CVA website....

CASCADE ACCURACY GUARANTEE
CVA CASCADE rifles are guaranteed MOA capable. Consumers have 14 days from date of purchase to test fire the gun and verify it to be accurate as advertised. If the purchased gun will not produce MOA groups, the gun should be returned to CVA at the address provided below, along with the receipt dated within 14 days prior to the return date. Once received and processed, CVA will contact the consumer and arrange either a.) replacement of the rifle, or b.) refund of the purchase price.

Return Address: CVA Guarantee, 1270 Progress Center Ave. Suite 100, Lawrenceville, GA, 30043. If a refund is arranged, a full refund of the purchase price will be made within two weeks.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Gun guys - 11/22/22 03:44 AM

I the cva muzzle loaders I have shot were very accurate but this if the first I have seen of these rifles.
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: Gun guys - 11/22/22 03:11 PM

Nice camo cover.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Gun guys - 11/22/22 03:18 PM

Is there an * to that MOA guarantee?

Most manufacturers add that you must use "factory match grade ammo" for the guarantee to apply. You will likely not see 1 MOA from Winchester Power Points or other hunting ammo.

Not necessarily a deal breaker but something to keep in mind.

Mike
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Gun guys - 11/22/22 03:36 PM

i have a lot of friends who like to shoot. many cant shoot moa off a bench without a lead sled or something and some can not even then. anybody that comes to me with hunting questions i say buy some cheap paper plates the size people get for a kids birthday party. how ever far you can consistently hit that plate without a bench, shooting like you will when hunting, is the effective range of you and your rifle for coyotes and larger animals

the sights you put on a rifle or another factor in moa accuracy
Posted By: DaveP

Re: Gun guys - 11/22/22 03:37 PM

No idea.
BUT, was pleasantly surprised with TC Compass, $179 after rebate!
One in 6.5 CM ( gasp!) and 1 in 300 Win. 300 was like$50 more but had a decent Vortex 3X9 on it.

6.5 CM with $39 TC 4 X.
I called the flyer!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Gun guys - 11/22/22 03:39 PM

nice shooting dave. looks like rifle lives up to the ad. i bet they all will. get tested at the factory. like i said not every hunter can do that. even with lessons
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Gun guys - 11/22/22 03:43 PM

cva is basically a Budget Bergara as I understand it . they are made in Bergara spain Bergara is a CVA affiliate if you look at both web sites chang logos and pictures and that is about the only difference.

30/06 has had good things to say about his and his daughters 308 begara rifles
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Gun guys - 11/22/22 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by DaveP
No idea.
BUT, was pleasantly surprised with TC Compass, $179 after rebate!
One in 6.5 CM ( gasp!) and 1 in 300 Win. 300 was like$50 more but had a decent Vortex 3X9 on it.

6.5 CM with $39 TC 4 X.
I called the flyer!

[Linked Image]

Be careful with a TC, they shoot good until they don’t shoot at all. TC says they don’t have an issue despite the umpteen thousands of claims. I wouldn’t use it for hunting. You’ll get a buck of a lifetime in the scope and no Boom. Stick to paper, won’t matter then.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Gun guys - 11/22/22 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
cva is basically a Budget Bergara as I understand it . they are made in Bergara spain Bergara is a CVA affiliate if you look at both web sites chang logos and pictures and that is about the only difference.

30/06 has had good things to say about his and his daughters 308 begara rifles

My wife's B14 HMR Wilderness in .308 is the most accurate gun in the house. My .300 Win Mag is probably pretty accurate too... But there's a loose nut behind the trigger so it's hard to say... I've shot literal one-hole groups with it, but not consistently. Likely that loose nut.

Guns are funny. You can spend a fortune and get a lemon. And you can buy the cheapest rock bottom POC on the shelf and it'll shoot lights out. Spending extra usually helps, but it's no guarantee.

Mike
© 2024 Trapperman Forums