Home

Minnesota is #1

Posted By: Bogmaster

Minnesota is #1 - 11/23/22 08:19 PM

Mn. is the #1 turkey producer in the U.S.-raising 40 million birds a year.Pauls state ,N.C. is #2 raising 30 million birds a year.
Mn is also the home to one of the largest turkeys in the country--our governor--Walz.
At least our farmers have one thing to be proud about.
Tom
Posted By: 160user

Re: Minnesota is #1 - 11/23/22 08:56 PM

I don't eat Turkey. Who produces the best Ham?
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Minnesota is #1 - 11/23/22 09:00 PM

The democrats produce the best Hams--as evidenced in our countries capital.
Tom
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Minnesota is #1 - 11/23/22 09:04 PM

That's a lot of turkeys. Ohio only raises 160,000 to 180,000 turkeys a year, most of which are an hour North West of me.

I used to know a set of giant sized, Old German Order, identical twins, Wendell and Schendell, who were turkey loaders. Schendell described the hot, messy job in great detail. Their team would load many thousands of turkeys a day. They had catchers who caught and placed the turkeys on flexible, high speed conveyors and loaders who grabbed the turkeys as they came zipping out of the barns and loaded them 20 to a crate, then stacking crates on a semi flatbed as high as two guys could possibly stack them. The conveyor belts moved so fast that most of the turkeys would just hunker down on the belt and go along for the ride. The guys would get turkey poop and feather dust everywhere. Schendell said it should be an Olympic Sport.

Keith
Posted By: 160user

Re: Minnesota is #1 - 11/23/22 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
The democrats produce the best Hams--as evidenced in our countries capital.
Tom

I guess I will just stick with venison then.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums