Home

Is the Turkey Done Yet?

Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Is the Turkey Done Yet? - 11/23/22 10:13 PM

The economy is so bad I can’t even give a turkey away. Got two stops tomorrow and both said their turkeys are all done.

Guess we’ll just cook this one up have it Friday.

[Linked Image]

Does everybody cook their bird the day before?
Posted By: trapperbless

Re: Is the Turkey Done Yet? - 11/23/22 10:58 PM

We cooked ours today. Plan to have a little tonight with mashed taters and gravy. We’re gonna make pot pie filling with the rest and can it for later use. Probably end up making soup with the bones and scraps.

We’ll have a bunch of fried turkey at the in-laws tomorrow so we won’t eat too much of this one right away. Get burned out on turkey real quick this time of year.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Is the Turkey Done Yet? - 11/23/22 11:06 PM

Cooked mine yesterday
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: Is the Turkey Done Yet? - 11/23/22 11:55 PM

I’m so lazy I buy a smoked turkey and they are delicious.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Is the Turkey Done Yet? - 11/23/22 11:56 PM

Never cooked mine the day before. Will be pulling it out of the oven right before we eat and cutting it up in front of the family
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Is the Turkey Done Yet? - 11/24/22 02:35 AM

As i am alone with the furry crew this thanksgiving and don't buy into that sort of thing much anyway, I shook a couple of squirrels out of the trees here today and will have them tomorrow with dumplings and read cabbage. They are curing their headache by swimming in brine right now
Posted By: John-Chagnon

Re: Is the Turkey Done Yet? - 11/24/22 03:18 AM

Meal of Squirrel sounds good!
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Is the Turkey Done Yet? - 11/24/22 05:51 AM

We always cook ours ahead and I strip it down and we reheat and add some broth etc. on T Day. son is doing most of the rest of the cooking this year. He will do a lamb leg for our alternative meat. Most of the rest is home grown stuff, spuds, yams, corn, onions, apple sauce. Wife is putting together a cranberry salad, we need to support that industry with WI being the leader in production.

Bryce
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Is the Turkey Done Yet? - 11/24/22 06:00 AM

Blasphemy. Turkey will be going in in the morning.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums