Home

Something I found interesting

Posted By: Scuba1

Something I found interesting - 11/24/22 02:28 AM

While I was on my monthly work trip to Hilton Head Island, I met a guy at ACE hardware that I had not seen in about 3 years. He is from Mexico and is the janitor at Hudsons fish market. Most days Lorenxo just blows leaves from one side of the parking lot to the other and I used to rib him about that, but he said he had to look busy or they would give him a real job to do. Anyway he was always happy to talk to me as I speak his language. He and a lot of his countrymen is not happy about the way things are going and he is going back to Mexico at the beginning of next year. I told him to hurry before they build that wall to keep him and his folks in. That got a good laugh out of him. But he said that at this point he is better off in Mexico than he is here. Makes one think don't it. He is in his miid 50's and its not as easy at that age to just up sticks and go I would think
Posted By: Crowfoot

Re: Something I found interesting - 11/24/22 03:23 AM

That is interesting.
Family man ? Single ?
Mexico might be a better place now ..... many of the wingnuts are up here now.
Does he have family / friends / work down there ?
Posted By: ol' dad

Re: Something I found interesting - 11/24/22 03:27 AM

Perhaps he found out what paying taxes are all about? Lol

Ol dad
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Something I found interesting - 11/24/22 03:42 AM

Keep him hear to edumacate yoing voters plz
Posted By: Nelly

Re: Something I found interesting - 11/24/22 03:54 AM

Once upon a time, the basics of life were taught.
Maybe he is more confident that he can obtain food, clothing and shelter more easily back home.
Clothing and shelter are a bigger deal the farther you get from the equator.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Something I found interesting - 11/24/22 04:53 AM

Out of the frying pan into the fire?
Posted By: Trapper5123

Re: Something I found interesting - 11/24/22 06:31 AM

Im working on a sewer project in Batesville Arkansas right now. The subs pouring our manholes are all illegal immagrants. He's paying 34 bucks an hour and can't find anyone that can hack a day..
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Something I found interesting - 11/24/22 09:50 AM

Probably made enough money up here to live like a king in Mexico for the rest of his days.
Posted By: gcs

Re: Something I found interesting - 11/24/22 02:49 PM

They can put ramps up on the north side of the wall, lol

I know some Guatemalans that worked here, saved their money to go back and buy their village....Problem is... the guys that stayed behind murder them for the cash they're packing....Not a warm welcome home....
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Something I found interesting - 11/24/22 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Crowfoot
That is interesting.
Family man ? Single ?
Mexico might be a better place now ..... many of the wingnuts are up here now.
Does he have family / friends / work down there ?

He has a wife and two daughters. One of the daughters will stay here the other go back with him and his other half. He works for less that minimum wage .... When I bought the Train for my admiral, we gave the old Volvo we had to him. That thing is still running and may well take them back south. The engine fell out of the old Saturn that he had.
Posted By: Tommie

Re: Something I found interesting - 11/24/22 05:15 PM

I’m at a job right now chasing masons around and I mean right now . I guess they don’t believe in thanksgiving . But I understood them the other day they was starting laborers off at 25.00 a hour . [Linked Image]
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Something I found interesting - 11/24/22 06:45 PM

I just saw a report that the United Nations is assisting in bringing illegals into our country, by the thousands. The report was filmed in Panama and the border. People were from all over the world!
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Something I found interesting - 11/24/22 06:53 PM

I don't believe him. There's no way that as screwed up as things are here, we're worse than Mexico. Right now the illegals have the run of the joint. If he's leaving, he's met his goals.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums