Home

“A False Positive”

Posted By: HobbieTrapper

“A False Positive” - 11/24/22 06:04 PM

Nuclear Stress Test.

A couple weeks ago a friend went to the ER for chest pains. Pre tests didn’t show a problem but the nuke test apparently indicated a 90% blockage. He was scheduled for surgery yesterday. They found no blockage. Doctors declare a “false positive” from the nuke test.

Could it have been the weeks of prayer from other prior to?

Is it a money grab by the “greedy” medical community?

Is it really possible the test equipment malfunctioned and how often does that happen?
Posted By: Catch22

Re: “A False Positive” - 11/24/22 06:07 PM

A 2nd opinion may have answered your questions.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: “A False Positive” - 11/24/22 06:08 PM

What a mess.

One thing for sure, your friend should have every last cent of that paid for by the hospital.
Posted By: Marty

Re: “A False Positive” - 11/24/22 06:10 PM

greed

Re: “A False Positive” - 11/24/22 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Sharon
What a mess.

One thing for sure, your friend should have every last cent of that paid for by the hospital.

You’re right but I bet the insurance will pay.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: “A False Positive” - 11/24/22 09:13 PM

When you say surgery do you mean a heart cath? False positive on stress test are pretty common! I gotta false positive when I was 38 had a cath That’s the next step after a failed stress They don’t open you up for by pass unless a cath is done first Best way to look at it is now he knows there isn’t any blockage . Heart cath dare routine now my last 2 they went thru the wrist Was home in about an hour half after dr finished

Re: “A False Positive” - 11/24/22 10:34 PM

Should they be common?

I guess they have to get the money some where when others can’t pay.

My Dad recently received the bill for his cancer treatments. It was for the room use where he received the treatment $29K, for “room rent?”
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: “A False Positive” - 11/24/22 11:37 PM

It was explained to me that if your heart lays a certain way it will restrict blood flow on the rest rythym . That’s what shows up on the X-rays taken after the radioactive stuff is injected Dr showed me the films and it was pretty evident not as much blood flow
Insurance makes the Dr do a stress before a cath Cath is ONLY test that tells the complete story
Posted By: ebsurveyor

Re: “A False Positive” - 11/24/22 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Cath is ONLY test that tells the complete story

correctamundo

Re: “A False Positive” - 11/24/22 11:59 PM

It would appear the medical profession is in a race with the journalism profession for first place. lol
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: “A False Positive” - 11/25/22 12:03 AM

I’d rather have a false positive test and find nothing wrong, then have a false negative and end up have worse problems.
Posted By: charles

Re: “A False Positive” - 11/25/22 01:12 AM

Sounds like the best possible outcome. About 2002 I had a negative stress test, a negative nuclear test, and a negative test that went through my groin up to my heart, and shot die through the heart vessels. Still had heart pains. I had job related PTSD and got meds for it. Problem now solved.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: “A False Positive” - 11/25/22 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bob_Iowa
I’d rather have a false positive test and find nothing wrong, then have a false negative and end up have worse problems.

Yes
© 2024 Trapperman Forums