Home

Usually pretty anti social but

Posted By: Wolfdog91

Usually pretty anti social but - 11/26/22 01:52 AM

Well some of my cousins came down from Chicago for Thanksgiving and I'm generally pretty anti social but since I spent Thanksgiving with my gf and her family figured I'd say least hi. Well a few hours later we're cling some fish we caught a few minutes ago out the pond about a 3min walk from the stove. My uncle who's cleaning the fish used to live down her still he moved up to Chicago and ...idk it was nice talking to him and the other men folk..all of them where so happy to be her doing stuff like this.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Then we where talking and some of the women folk said they never shot a gun. Well asked if they wanted to and after about 20min of basic stuff the two of them where absolutely in love with shooting grin they where super uneducated about gun in general though. When I mentioned my 10/22 was a semiautomatic just about everyone wanted to jump out their skin thinking it was some assault weapon or something then after I explained it it was all " wait... But the news said .... Well that's actually kinda lame "
But yeah brought out my bolt action trainer and my 10/22 let them run as many round in each with the tripod and they they went from jumping at at sound of a shot to running the bolt and killing cans grin They loved my digital scope though grin should ha e taken more pics but
[Linked Image]

And my uncle who lives next door just took to it like a duck to water lol. When I mentioned it was night vision he said it's a good thing he's in his 60's , I'll let y'all wonder why lol.
[Linked Image]

O and btw got the stove up and running
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Usually pretty anti social but - 11/26/22 02:00 AM

Looks like a wonderful day.
Posted By: We-Sa

Re: Usually pretty anti social but - 11/26/22 02:04 AM

Good memories made there.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Usually pretty anti social but - 11/26/22 02:07 AM

Looks like fun, Wolfie!
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: Usually pretty anti social but - 11/26/22 02:11 AM

Looks like a good day. Those bluegill look great. And I just had thanksgiving dinner with my family. Son and law did not come because he waterfowl hunting in Arkansas.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Usually pretty anti social but - 11/26/22 02:23 AM

Great stuff Wolfdog.
I think I read that a lot of people from the south moved up north in the 50's for work.
Posted By: Wild_WI

Re: Usually pretty anti social but - 11/26/22 02:30 AM

Now why in the world would those folks want to live in Chicago when you got all those good times and possibilities, never understood that kinda thinking
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Usually pretty anti social but - 11/26/22 02:33 AM

I'm a little anti social like you, but it seems anytime I let myself open up great things happen! I've tried to teach my kids to be very socially outgoing, and they seem to be, just seems there is so much lost in life to being a hermit!
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: Usually pretty anti social but - 11/26/22 02:34 AM

Glad you decided to be social

You educated a few people on what reality is vs media BS

They will probably go home and spread the word, might not change everyone they talk to but a few will start the wheels turning in their brain

Can't imagine anyone from the country wanting to move to some place like Chicago either confused
Posted By: TurkeyTime

Re: Usually pretty anti social but - 11/26/22 02:57 AM

Good deal. So are you going to visit them in Chicago?
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Usually pretty anti social but - 11/26/22 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by BTLowry
Glad you decided to be social

You educated a few people on what reality is vs media BS

They will probably go home and spread the word, might not change everyone they talk to but a few will start the wheels turning in their brain

Can't imagine anyone from the country wanting to move to some place like Chicago either confused

They'll be craving more times like that now- Great job Wolfie...

Proud of You!
Posted By: Dragger

Re: Usually pretty anti social but - 11/26/22 05:13 AM

Is that a Sightmark Wraith?
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Usually pretty anti social but - 11/26/22 11:42 AM

Looks like a great time!
Posted By: JoMiBru

Re: Usually pretty anti social but - 11/26/22 12:02 PM

Good Job Wolfie! Hopefully when they return home they will spread the word
Posted By: Hoosier71

Re: Usually pretty anti social but - 11/26/22 12:50 PM

Nice story. Looks like a great time!
Posted By: run

Re: Usually pretty anti social but - 11/26/22 12:56 PM

Thank you for sharing. Sounds fun!
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Usually pretty anti social but - 11/26/22 01:14 PM

good stuff

I got a cousin to realize how ridiculous the anti AR stuff is he and his son tried on deer hunting for the first time this year.
I carried my AR pistol in 300blk while mentoring his son deer hunting
Posted By: RdFx

Re: Usually pretty anti social but - 11/26/22 01:53 PM

Thanks for pics Wolfdog, family makes memories
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: Usually pretty anti social but - 11/26/22 03:36 PM

Thanks for teaching your family from Chicago, about guns!! Now, they can go back and teach!
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Usually pretty anti social but - 11/26/22 05:16 PM

That brings back memories .

As a kid, I'd get my cane pole and red/white bobber, nightcrawlers, and sit with the "older folks" along the lake shores and catch those bream by the bucketful. Usually, everyone would be invited over to someone's house, and we would scale them and enjoy a cookout , of pan fish, hush puppies, okra , ice tea , sometimes frog legs too. Lots of fun, I enjoyed fishing on the shore with the older ones.

Good deal on teaching those girls how much fun can killin really is. Getting an education at the same time.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums