Home

Canadian deer

Posted By: Sasktrapper06

Canadian deer - 11/26/22 02:13 AM

I know it is getting a little late in the season now but I was wondering how all the Canadian users are doing this fall for deer.
I got this one about a week ago.
[Linked Image]

As far as the story goes for it, I first hit him at 350 yards, but underestimated the distance and hit him in both legs just under the chest. He left a surprisingly good blood trail and was easy to track. I followed him half a mile through a field before he got into a bush. This bush was fairly large but only dead willows and cattails with lots of clearings. I ended up spotting him only about 15 yards away and right when I was about to pull the trigger he started to move. This caused me to hit him back in the stomach and liver, but I was able to get one into him on the run. This time I was on the money; double lung and licked the heart. He didn't make it 10 yards after that. Not my biggest buck, but defiantly not a little one.

Let's see any other Canadian deer anyone got.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Canadian deer - 11/26/22 03:00 AM

Nice work!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Canadian deer - 11/26/22 03:05 AM

Awesome Deer
Posted By: TurkeyTime

Re: Canadian deer - 11/26/22 03:22 AM

Good deal. Always liked the Canadian deers coat and antler color.
Posted By: g smith

Re: Canadian deer - 11/26/22 04:54 AM

You Canuks have got some whoppers ! Good job
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Canadian deer - 11/26/22 09:22 AM

Great photo without pushing the rack out. I also like the real life story. Not every hunt goes with the perfect heart shot to start. Good follow up and finish. Plenty of good meals and memories made
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Canadian deer - 11/26/22 10:52 AM

nice deer and never give up attitude,
Posted By: Saskfly

Re: Canadian deer - 11/30/22 01:42 PM

Not playing that game with a hunter from SK!!

Nice deer
© 2024 Trapperman Forums