Home

Four Wheeler

Posted By: Griffin21

Four Wheeler - 11/26/22 07:30 PM

Finally after over a year of searching I found a decent deal on a used Honda Rancher 350, paid a $1000. It needs tires and a few small things like a seat cover and the choke cable is messed up. but it starts right up in the cold and does what I need.
Ordered a seat and looking for tires similar to the Maxxis Bighorns. Still cheaper than buying boots every six months.
Now I can let the old 1984 honda 200 go back to retirement.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Four Wheeler - 11/26/22 07:35 PM

Good find. Don’t think Hondas ever die, lol.
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Four Wheeler - 11/26/22 07:36 PM

Handy size!
Wow, someone wore out the tires!
Looks good.

Re: Four Wheeler - 11/26/22 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Good find. Don’t think Hondas ever die, lol.

I've found that to be true. I'm not very nice to them. I always keep up the maintenance but I use them like a hammer.

Originally Posted by Willy Firewood
Handy size!
Looks good.

Ya, the tires are past bald. I wasn't sure it would make it on the truck.
Posted By: Porcupine 77

Re: Four Wheeler - 11/26/22 09:07 PM

I've got a 2002 and I love it. I do wish it had high and low range like the old suzuki
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Four Wheeler - 11/26/22 10:04 PM

Excellent can't go wrong with Honda
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Four Wheeler - 11/26/22 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Willy Firewood
Handy size!
Looks good.

they run them on the roads more than trails around here can go anywhere but the state highway
so you see a bunch of tires like that
seems every old guy in town has a side by side, it is like the redneck convertible.
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: Four Wheeler - 11/26/22 11:51 PM

Gave my son my 93 300, he put a little money in it and got it running. Now he has something to tinker with
Posted By: lady123

Re: Four Wheeler - 11/26/22 11:57 PM

good deal im still running a 96 300trx 2wd runs great

Re: Four Wheeler - 11/27/22 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
they run them on the roads more than trails around here can go anywhere but the state highway
so you see a bunch of tires like that
seems every old guy in town has a side by side, it is like the redneck convertible.

I'm that old guy. not really, but they run them past my house all spring summer and fall and it's a state road. no one cares around here. The town roads are completely legal to run on and we have a pretty good trail network.

I have a 2014 RZR 800 that the wife and I run on the trail systems. were going to buy a Ranger sometime in the next few years, its nice to have heat in the fall. I use the wheelers for work, hunting, trapping.

I love the old Honda 300, best machines they ever made, I've had a few of them. I like the smaller to medium size machines, they go a lot more places and easier to get unstuck than those new monster sized four wheelers everyone makes now.
Posted By: charles

Re: Four Wheeler - 11/27/22 12:19 AM

I have a 1990 TRX 300. Still works great. Paid about $2k for it.
Posted By: K91773

Re: Four Wheeler - 11/27/22 01:57 AM

I'm convinced the only reason Honda quit making the old 300s is that they never wore out so it was cutting down on the sales of new ATVs.
Posted By: sneaky

Re: Four Wheeler - 11/27/22 05:55 AM

I've got an 95 Suzuki King Quad 300 with the High Low Super Low transmission. I like the shaft drive machines. Put you some ITP Mud Lites on that and put it to use.Mine needs new front tires now, but it's about to get parked til spring with the amount of snow we already have and about 5 days of snow chances forecast for the coming week.

Re: Four Wheeler - 11/27/22 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by sneaky
I've got an 95 Suzuki King Quad 300 with the High Low Super Low transmission. I like the shaft drive machines. Put you some ITP Mud Lites on that and put it to use.Mine needs new front tires now, but it's about to get parked til spring with the amount of snow we already have and about 5 days of snow chances forecast for the coming week.

I’ve never had the Mud lites, do they wear good? I’m going to step up from a 24” to a 25” tall tire. Debating swapping to 12” wheels all the way around.
These Hondas have 12” fronts and 11” rear wheels.
Posted By: DaveP

Re: Four Wheeler - 11/27/22 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by sneaky

Friend of mine had one of those for years, was unstoppable.

He upgraded, traded to a 700.
Would have loved to grabbed it, looking for 300-450cc, all I need.

All I see for sale are 650+ machines.
Posted By: ABeardedTrapper

Re: Four Wheeler - 11/27/22 12:40 PM

Griffin, I have ran the mud lights for years. They wear really well. Run them on my 91 king quad my, 92 fourtrax and my 01 foreman. Eric
Posted By: YoteChaser1968

Re: Four Wheeler - 11/27/22 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Griffin21
.... tires similar to the Maxxis Bighorns. Still cheaper than buying boots every six months.
Now I can let the old 1984 honda 200 go back to retirement.

Griffin21 - FWIW I had a set of the Maxxis Bighorns on my SXS. Great tread and very light BUT VERY susceptible to punctures. After plugging them a few times and sliming them, I moved to the 8 Ply GBC Dirt Commander Tires. Not a single issue in over 5 yrs and they were significantly less expensive. They are heavier (8 ply) but I am not worried about accel/decel performance. Bought them online from Discount Tire Direct. Awesome quad - Great size - Honda's seem to run forever.
Posted By: old243

Re: Four Wheeler - 11/27/22 02:54 PM

I have had 3 honda's . I have found that you will usually have rear axle bearing , problems if you keep the bike a long time . I now drill a hole in the cross pipe and install a grease fitting , on each side. Before putting the grease fitting in I pump some chain saw oil in , and follow it up with a healthy dose of grease. Keeps moisture away from rear bearings, if your bearing seals are leaking. Also did this on a king quad suzuki. I just stay with stock tires rather than oversize . Hear the bigger tires , put more strain on transmission. I tend to do a bit of bush whackin. old 243
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: Four Wheeler - 11/27/22 03:05 PM

when my old wheelhorse lawn tractor that serves as my woods/trailer pulling machine dies I'll be looking for something like this.
I use it for hauling firewood, wood chips, stones and all sorts of odds and ends.
Trouble is the old beast (its a '76 model) still runs great and just keeps on going.
I hope Hondas last as long and will take as much abuse.
Posted By: JoMiBru

Re: Four Wheeler - 11/27/22 08:34 PM

Nice find! My old 1993 300 Fourtrax is still going strong! Love that bike, gets daily use around the farm. Steering bushing just went out, still goes fine just has some slop. Gotta find a bushing to put back in it.

John
Posted By: 1lessdog

Re: Four Wheeler - 11/27/22 09:19 PM

I have a 93 Polaris 350 6x6 that runs like a fuel injected kitten.

Attached picture Screenshot_20221127-151103_Gallery.jpg
© 2024 Trapperman Forums