Home

Kurds get the short stick again...

Posted By: NonPCfed

Kurds get the short stick again... - 11/26/22 07:35 PM

Well, I guess the Kurds get screwed once more! I doubt my paratroop kid will return to northeast Syria anytime soon to see if some of the Kurdish folks who delivered their food and water or ran the little market nearby where they bought stuff are still around. His old unit was there in 2020 for 7 months playing bummer cars with the Russians and doing other various things. World leaders (term used loosely) like to play RISK but in this game real people die...

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2022/11/syria-another-turkish-invasion-is-imminent.html#more
Posted By: wildflights

Re: Kurds get the short stick again... - 12/03/22 01:34 AM

The United States agreed to let Turkey butcher the Kurds in exchange for their vote to allow Finland and Sweden into NATO.
That is how we treat our allies. Bought and sold for political favors. We are rotten at our core.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Kurds get the short stick again... - 12/03/22 01:37 AM

Very bad stuff.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Kurds get the short stick again... - 12/03/22 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
Well, I guess the Kurds get screwed once more! I doubt my paratroop kid will return to northeast Syria anytime soon to see if some of the Kurdish folks who delivered their food and water or ran the little market nearby where they bought stuff are still around. His old unit was there in 2020 for 7 months playing bummer cars with the Russians and doing other various things. World leaders (term used loosely) like to play RISK but in this game real people die...

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2022/11/syria-another-turkish-invasion-is-imminent.html#more

I am not one that will say I'm in the know. I live a simple life, but who cares what's going on there? We have enough here in our own backyard. To me that's what we should be focused on.

Re: Kurds get the short stick again... - 12/03/22 03:19 AM

I agree with you Catch22, we should let foreign people settle their foreign stuff but it seems we can't help "ourselves" (or the power elites, not you and me). The British and the other European powers but globally mostly the British used to draw lines on maps and decide who got what. The U.S. government sort of ended up with that mantle after the British went bankrupt, both money and manpower wise, after WWII, accelerated by having to fight the communists on a global scale. Or so it seemed and probably was at the time.

In the Kurds case, the British after WWI and the defeat of the Ottoman Turks, drew lots of lines in that part of the world, especially in creating a country called Iraq. The Kurds are a land locked people, the largest ethnic group without their own country (ok, they sort of have one now in northern Iraq by default). The have sizable presence in 4 countries; Iran, Iraq, Syria, and Turkey. They have fought various governments of those four countries over time. If countries outside of those 4 would allow just those 4 duke it out on their own without any outside interference, the Kurds would probably carve out their own niche of territory and would be willing to be left alone. But as wildfights mentioned, it doesn't happen because the greater geopolitical game gets scaled up it becomes how does Turkey sit vis-a-via NATO and Russia, or Iran vis-a-via the United States or Iran/Russia/NATO or whatever power game the people in control want to play.

George Washington when he left office said don't get involved in alliances, especially with the Europeans, it generally doesn't end well. He was a smart man...
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Kurds get the short stick again... - 12/03/22 03:36 AM

Your a cool cat to me Non. You are well spoken, intelligent, and in the know about what's going on across the pond. You have passion and I respect that. I just can't worry about what's going on over there when we have a night and day happening here. Reckon for the first time lol, I'll say publicly, I will hang in Washington's camp and focus on here.

Re: Kurds get the short stick again... - 12/03/22 04:35 AM

Reckon for the first time lol, I'll say publicly, I will hang in Washington's camp and focus on here.

Good choice wink...
Posted By: Boco

Re: Kurds get the short stick again... - 12/03/22 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
I agree with you Catch22, we should let foreign people settle their foreign stuff but it seems we can't help "ourselves" (or the power elites, not you and me). The British and the other European powers but globally mostly the British used to draw lines on maps and decide who got what. The U.S. government sort of ended up with that mantle after the British went bankrupt, both money and manpower wise, after WWII, accelerated by having to fight the communists on a global scale. Or so it seemed and probably was at the time.

In the Kurds case, the British after WWI and the defeat of the Ottoman Turks, drew lots of lines in that part of the world, especially in creating a country called Iraq. The Kurds are a land locked people, the largest ethnic group without their own country (ok, they sort of have one now in northern Iraq by default). The have sizable presence in 4 countries; Iran, Iraq, Syria, and Turkey. They have fought various governments of those four countries over time. If countries outside of those 4 would allow just those 4 duke it out on their own without any outside interference, the Kurds would probably carve out their own niche of territory and would be willing to be left alone. But as wildfights mentioned, it doesn't happen because the greater geopolitical game gets scaled up it becomes how does Turkey sit vis-a-via NATO and Russia, or Iran vis-a-via the United States or Iran/Russia/NATO or whatever power game the people in control want to play.

George Washington when he left office said don't get involved in alliances, especially with the Europeans, it generally doesn't end well. He was a smart man...

Your like that kid that shot his mother-turning on your European Forebearers.
Whether you like it or not America is the son of Europe..

Re: Kurds get the short stick again... - 12/03/22 03:01 PM

Your like that kid that shot his mother-turning on your European Forebearers.
Whether you like it or not America is the son of Europe..

Boco, you truly are a simpleton sometimes. Your mind set works well in keeping people in their initial tribesd forever but things change over time, DNA research has shown the tribes of Europe were much more dynamic in moving around than you think.

You seem to have a very hard time separating people from their governments and ruling elites. They don't necessarily mean the same thing. I'm proud of my German, English, and Scottish lineage. That doesn't mean I have to like or champion what the current governments in those places do. My English ancestors left for what would become the USA almost 400 years ago, how long do I have to keep kissing the UK king's and parliament's collective @**es...? Same thing for the USA, I can love America and its people and generally despise its current ruling class. There is a difference but you can't see it.

Good luck. I hope you live well the rest of your days in the boreal woods and never have to face the time when the follow ons of little Justin's enforcers come looking for you because you colored outside the lines at some point. Try your "but we're all European blood lines" then and see how it works...
© 2024 Trapperman Forums