Home

Creative ideas for old air compressor tank

Posted By: Animals Only

Creative ideas for old air compressor tank - 11/27/22 04:15 PM

So my old air compressor took a dump. I have pulled the motor off, stripped all the copper and brass. Now I'm left with the old horizontal 5 gallon tank. Has anyone made or have any crafty repurposed ideas for the old tank. Thought about making a a smoker out of it. What are your ideas? Pictures of your creations are welcome.
Posted By: w side rd 151

Re: Creative ideas for old air compressor tank - 11/27/22 04:17 PM

A container to boil traps in A flower bed
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Creative ideas for old air compressor tank - 11/27/22 04:29 PM

Look on www.pinterest.com

It's addicting though. I have hundreds of "want to builds" now
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Creative ideas for old air compressor tank - 11/27/22 04:33 PM

Use as a portable captive air tank. Years ago we used to make them out of discarded Freon tanks. Handy when you need to pump up a tire far away from an air supply.
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Creative ideas for old air compressor tank - 11/27/22 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Cragar
Use as a portable captive air tank. Years ago we used to make them out of discarded Freon tanks. Handy when you need to pump up a tire far away from an air supply.

This saves the day many times.
Posted By: bfflobo

Re: Creative ideas for old air compressor tank - 11/27/22 04:41 PM

I would bet it is rusted inside on the bottom. Ready to fail as a pressure tank.
Posted By: Crowfoot

Re: Creative ideas for old air compressor tank - 11/27/22 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by bfflobo
I would bet it is rusted inside on the bottom. Ready to fail as a pressure tank.

If not, plumb it in series with your (assuming) new compressor for added supply.
If you have room and use it a lot.
Posted By: white17

Re: Creative ideas for old air compressor tank - 11/27/22 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Willy Firewood

This saves the day many times.

X2 !!
Posted By: Eagleye

Re: Creative ideas for old air compressor tank - 11/27/22 05:50 PM

Recently went to a guy's farm to help my daughter pick-up barnboard she bought... the guy had about 100 of these sculptures in his yard, you asked for creative and this is the first thing I thought of grin
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: cmj

Re: Creative ideas for old air compressor tank - 11/27/22 06:08 PM

I just made a wood stove out of an old compressor for in my wall tent.. Cut out the bottom rusted out part. Bent some metal to cover that spot and used that as the top so I can cook on it. Cut both ends off, flat back and used one end for a door.
Posted By: patfundine

Re: Creative ideas for old air compressor tank - 11/27/22 06:51 PM

I put several up in the attic of my garage for extra air storage. I hard lined my garage a couple years ago. I had enough air for my plasma torch, but not enough to run my carbon arch torch. I also put a shut off valve on that part of the line because I don't always need that extra air.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Creative ideas for old air compressor tank - 11/27/22 10:59 PM

That's what I did, obviously a suberb idea, as some DRB stole it! Also make a dandy BBQ, smoker.
Posted By: Brian Mongeau

Re: Creative ideas for old air compressor tank - 11/28/22 12:06 AM

Cut one end off, put a clapper inside for a big bell. Hang near your front door.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums