Home

Why is evil winning?

Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Why is evil winning? - 11/28/22 07:26 PM

Including in the United States. Is it due to good people doing nothing to cause it to flourish?
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/28/22 07:48 PM

It seems to be part of humans evolution. It's in the Bible they say.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/28/22 07:48 PM

What happens to the good fruit if you don’t weed the garden?

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/28/22 07:56 PM

Also because a group of loud, rude, very aggressive people are being given everything they want because everyone is scared of them.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/28/22 08:25 PM

Because the Lord is giving us a blessing...Showing us who is evil while seperating the wheat from the chaff. (good from the evil)

Evil will tell on itself every time, and they are emboldened now.

Keep your eye and mind on Jesus, we already know the end-game, the redeemer brings internal peace and understanding.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/28/22 08:39 PM

Funny how it always looks like evil is winning yet it always looses in the end.
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/28/22 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
Including in the United States. Is it due to good people doing nothing to cause it to flourish?

Evil has to flourish for God to destroy it at the last battle prophesied in the BIBLE!
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/28/22 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter
Because the Lord is giving us a blessing...Showing us who is evil while seperating the wheat from the chaff. (good from the evil)

Evil will tell on itself every time, and they are emboldened now.

Keep your eye and mind on Jesus, we already know the end-game, the redeemer brings internal peace and understanding.

That's a great post kentuck. I hope to run in to you someday when I'm back down in God's Country.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/28/22 09:11 PM

Absolutely Catch, I would be glad to hang out and shoot the trapping breeze, or any other topic with you brother!
Posted By: SJA

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/28/22 10:19 PM

There's nothing consistent about human behavior except its tendency to drift toward evil, and the real evil of many people isn’t in doing it, but in permitting it.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/28/22 10:45 PM

The churches surrendering of the culture war, watered the growth of moral decay.

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/28/22 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by SJA
There's nothing consistent about human behavior except its tendency to drift toward evil, and the real evil of many people isn’t in doing it, but in permitting it.

Hmmm…..Christians are taught to permit it? Fleeing it certainly does nothing to suppress it.
Posted By: SJA

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/28/22 11:12 PM

"Christians" are not exempt from human behavior. . . "Christian religious sects" have proven that. I won't mention any.
Posted By: MJM

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/28/22 11:13 PM

How many Jewish people died in the Holocaust believing the second coming of Christ was going to save them? Maybe it was not evil enough to get Christ involved. After all it was only six million people. I don't think sitting waiting on the second coming is the answer. I can't say I think it worked well the last time it was done.
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/28/22 11:16 PM

All I know is , when good people look the other way and do nothing about evil , it's the same as being evil.
Just look how things are going now.
Evil is behind everything , and our government is allowing it while pushing it.
Posted By: cattails

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/28/22 11:48 PM

I don't think evil is wining. It promotes a big platform, look at me, look at me. it says....while it badgers those who desire peace. In the end it gets what it deserves..
Posted By: adam m

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/28/22 11:52 PM

Evil tickles the ears attracts the eyes. It's enticing.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/29/22 12:42 AM

evil is winning because no one gives the evil people a dirt nap.
Posted By: foxkidd44

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/29/22 03:27 AM

Humans have always had an evil streak in them,, starting with Cain,, the earth was flooded because of evil men and the nephilim. Christ himself told us things were going to get really bad… apparently it’s going to be worse than the genocide committed by the ss and the final solution. Revelation 14:20 speaks about blood as deep as a horses bridle.
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/29/22 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by MJM
How many Jewish people died in the Holocaust believing the second coming of Christ was going to save them? Maybe it was not evil enough to get Christ involved. After all it was only six million people. I don't think sitting waiting on the second coming is the answer. I can't say I think it worked well the last time it was done.

MJM
Not trying to corect, but I don't believe the Jewish peaple believed Christ come the 1st time that's why they put Jesus on the cross. Jesus --- God in the flesh came for sinners not for the righteous, of course there's none righteous and until a man comes to realize we can't work our way to heaven wear as dead as every lost sinner who has not come to see the Lord, Jesus paid the way for all sinners who come to trust and beleave that he took our sin at the cross and defeated death when he rose from the dead.
Sage
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/29/22 10:57 AM

Chaos in China happening right now with good vs. evil. I can bet who will win.

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/29/22 11:18 AM

The mention of an "evil" necessitates that there must be an "opposite of evil."
And when you agree with that age old philosophy, you just argued yourself out of modern evolutionary theory.
And into Creationism. A Creator and that which was/is created.

It's wondrously referred to as God's "workmanship" in Scripture.

Though evil is real, opposed to that which is godly, it doesn't win in the end of God's Plan.
Why it's with us now (still) we're not able to comprehend.
But God, who can not sin, is in charge, so we pray for His Grace to call us, redeem us, and seal us against the schemes in this evil age.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: Posco

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/29/22 11:24 AM

1st John 5:19
...the whole world lieth in wickedness.

We all contribute to it in some degree. Some are redeemed from it, some are not.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/29/22 12:41 PM

Evil wins when we continue to let the other side use our values against us. We let it happen time after time but we are to patriotic and noble to see it.

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/29/22 12:58 PM

The Constitution doesn't apply to the evil.
Posted By: Sheepdog1

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/29/22 01:11 PM

If you read and truly understand what is said in Matthew 24, It is most enlightening, what we see now are mere birthing pangs of greater, more wicked things to come.

The other thing one needs to understand is the entire book of Revelations. I had never understood chapters 5-19 until ordering the book "Revealing Revelations" by Amir Tsarfati. He is a Christian Jew and very intellegient. His writing style is easily understood.
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/29/22 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton
The churches surrendering of the culture war, watered the growth of moral decay.

Mine don't (and it's a BIG church with many campuses). Just had a series on sexuality and the whole transgender deal. I was pleasantly surprised they went off what in the bible and NOT what society says is OK. And yes, they have become polar opposites in recent years, it seems.

And I'm not disagreeing with you as a whole. I see churches around here that think it's a good idea to literally fly the rainbow flag outside their church.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/29/22 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Posco
1st John 5:19
...the whole world lieth in wickedness.

We all contribute to it in some degree. Some are redeemed from it, some are not.

Truth
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/29/22 05:01 PM

I have read plenty of fairly evil ideas of so called Christians on Tman.
Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/29/22 05:33 PM

People are people but some time we will need to stand for what is right. Evil will not win in the end.

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/29/22 06:07 PM

To deal with evil you need to leave religious beliefs at home.

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/29/22 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by J Staton

Mine don't (and it's a BIG church with many campuses). Just had a series on sexuality and the whole transgender deal. I was pleasantly surprised they went off what in the bible and NOT what society says is OK. And yes, they have become polar opposites in recent years, it seems.

And I'm not disagreeing with you as a whole. I see churches around here that think it's a good idea to literally fly the rainbow flag outside their church.

It is good to know that there are churches with the heart of David out there. Consider yourself blessed.
Posted By: Ken Smith

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/29/22 06:21 PM

The Bible has all the fixes. If we choose to stand with God as our shield and Christ as our banner we are unstoppable. The issue is good men do nothing as Grandpa said which is a quote from Edmond Burke that I believe he derived from the Bible.

Ecclesiastes 8:11 KJV
Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

And from my personal fav Psalm

Psalm 149:4-9 KJV
For the Lord taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation. [5] Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds. [6] Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand; [7] To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people; [8] To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron; [9] To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the Lord.

See the saints are supposed to do Justice and Judgment. Not their own form of judgment but the judgment written in the Bible. This is how evil is kept at bay. As the world descends into chaos and the love of men waxes cold the only fox is for men of God to stand up and do what's right. The issue is most Christian's just play christian rather than actually live it.

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/29/22 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Blaine County
I have read plenty of fairly evil ideas of so called Christians on Tman.

I'm sure you have and if speaking of the communist Chinese I was likely one of them. I know that vengeance is the Lord's but I don't know if I could resist the temptation of exacting my on vengeance if the opportunity presented itself.
Posted By: Kevin Stake

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/29/22 08:43 PM

If you’re covered in the blood of Jesus, evil cannot touch you.

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/29/22 09:05 PM

frown
Posted By: danvee

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/29/22 09:18 PM

So who has got the measuring stick that says evil is winning?? What has changed since the beginning of mankind. The Good, bad, evil and yeah ugly has always been here. Be what you want the world to be, smile and enjoy maybe take a break for the news and spend some time with some young kids it will lift your heart. I think people get cynical as they get older hang around your youngest grandkids or volunteer helping kids.
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/30/22 01:08 AM

There is a lot to be said about the power of positive thinking

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/30/22 01:14 AM

will positive thinking save a drowning man?
Posted By: cattails

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/30/22 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
will positive thinking save a drowning man?

of course it will..if your trying to save him
Posted By: GARY M.

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/30/22 01:28 AM

Called a wok new order taking effect.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Why is evil winning? - 11/30/22 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by danvee
So who has got the measuring stick that says evil is winning?? What has changed since the beginning of mankind. The Good, bad, evil and yeah ugly has always been here. Be what you want the world to be, smile and enjoy maybe take a break for the news and spend some time with some young kids it will lift your heart. I think people get cynical as they get older hang around your youngest grandkids or volunteer helping kids.

Social media driven hive thinking is one big change.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums