Home

Oyster time

Posted By: ToCatchAPredator

Oyster time - 11/29/22 12:15 PM

That time of year for late oysters, right before the snow comes these start to bloom. [Linked Image]
Posted By: DaveP

Re: Oyster time - 11/29/22 12:39 PM

Had me all excited for a second...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: Oyster time - 11/29/22 12:42 PM

Nice find TCAP

Re: Oyster time - 11/29/22 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by DaveP
Had me all excited for a second...

[Linked Image]

If I had oysters around me I would probably quit my job and become a commercial fisher. We have some crabs here but they’re tiny
Posted By: SJA

Re: Oyster time - 11/29/22 01:21 PM

HA! . . . I was thinking differently too!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

grin
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Oyster time - 11/29/22 02:47 PM

Looks great SJA.

Been a while since I've thrown back some oystahs
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Oyster time - 11/29/22 04:51 PM

Too late for the mushrooms here but I did have a nice batch a few weeks back. I can't afford the other oysters! $20+/lb. frown
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: Oyster time - 11/29/22 05:48 PM

We got really lucky here a couple weeks back. Picked close to 10 lbs of oysters and several large lions manes.

I put chopped lions mane in spaghetti and I put chopped oysters in a large pot of cream of broccoli soup. I’m a fan of oyster mushrooms, they’re delicious. They go very well with cream of broccoli soup

Re: Oyster time - 11/29/22 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Aix sponsa
We got really lucky here a couple weeks back. Picked close to 10 lbs of oysters and several large lions manes.

I put chopped lions mane in spaghetti and I put chopped oysters in a large pot of cream of broccoli soup. I’m a fan of oyster mushrooms, they’re delicious. They go very well with cream of broccoli soup

Lord bless you I cannot stand the taste of lions mane, first time I tried it I spit it right back out. I stick with the oysters, mitaki, chicken of the woods and chanterelles. Had a lot going on at work this year and didn’t get out for any mushroom hunting but can always find some oysters out during hunting and trapping
Posted By: NE Wildlife

Re: Oyster time - 11/29/22 07:03 PM

Got this flush while rabbit hunting after I tagged out in South Dakota on a bowhunt. They were fantastic!!

Attached picture 769197D0-2E08-4AED-AA75-5525758216D2.jpeg
Posted By: KP3100

Re: Oyster time - 11/29/22 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by SJA
HA! . . . I was thinking differently too!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

grin

OOOOh man those look great!! Could we get a recipe?

Re: Oyster time - 11/29/22 08:32 PM

Actually, I don't have a written recipe. Been doing this and Clams Casio so long, it's just memory of what tastes and looks good grin
Fresh Chesapeake Oysters on half shell and loosened from bottom muscle. Sprinkle of Panko Seasoned breadcrumbs. Crumbled sautéed bacon. Spinach. Minced garlic and onion. Grated Parmesan cheese. Dash of Cajun seasoning. Put in oven for about 15 mins at 350 degrees or until oysters begin to curl and juices bubble. That's all I do. laugh You can add hot sauce or whatever else you like to the mixture.
Posted By: NE Wildlife

Re: Oyster time - 11/29/22 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by SJA
Actually, I don't have a written recipe. Been doing this and Clams Casio so long, it's just memory of what tastes and looks good grin
Fresh Chesapeake Oysters on half shell and loosened from bottom muscle. Sprinkle of Panko Seasoned breadcrumbs. Crumbled sautéed bacon. Spinach. Minced garlic and onion. Grated Parmesan cheese. Dash of Cajun seasoning. Put in oven for about 15 mins at 350 degrees or until oysters begin to curl and juices bubble. That's all I do. laugh You can add hot sauce or whatever else you like to the mixture.

Those look and sound awesome. Only had em one time in a wine butter sauce and they were fantastic
Posted By: run

Re: Oyster time - 11/29/22 10:44 PM

The seafood oysters definitely look interesting.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Oyster time - 11/30/22 12:07 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Finster

Re: Oyster time - 11/30/22 12:14 AM

You don't need fire for oysters! Why ruin them?
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Oyster time - 11/30/22 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Finster
You don't need fire for oysters! Why ruin them?

I don't like them raw or even close to raw sick

Re: Oyster time - 11/30/22 12:19 AM

I've done O's on the half shell lightly smoked on the grill too. Turn out really good as long as you keep an eye on them! laugh
Posted By: charles

Re: Oyster time - 11/30/22 03:17 AM

I love steamed oysters.
Posted By: ol' dad

Re: Oyster time - 11/30/22 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
[Linked Image]

I'd punch my grandma for half of those!

ol' dad
Posted By: warrior

Re: Oyster time - 11/30/22 04:25 AM

Nothing worse than an overcooked oyster. Thats why I prefer them straight out of the shell.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums