Playoff Predictions? - 12/04/22 05:00 AM

Here's mine.

1) Georgia
2) Michigan
3) Oh State
4) Bama
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/04/22 05:01 AM

Bama's out everyone is tired of them. Just glad im not on that committee this year, lol. What a mess.
Posted By: Savell

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/04/22 05:06 AM

1)mighty ducks
2)bad news bears
3)little giants
4)the titans
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/04/22 05:17 AM

Like it or not this is why they need a 8 or 12 team playoff! Don’t play for 5 weeks but not enough time?
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/04/22 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Like it or not this is why they need a 8 or 12 team playoff! Don’t play for 5 weeks but not enough time?

It's coming... not next year but the year after.

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/04/22 05:24 AM

But I see NO ONE has made a prediction yet. Bunch of chickens lol.
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/04/22 05:26 AM

I think I read that in 2024 it will be 12 teams.

Geogia
Michigan
Ohio St
TCU

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/04/22 05:29 AM

This ^^^^^^ but because oh st got gut stomped at home they might be 4 TCU did beat k state earlier

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/04/22 05:31 AM

I have no idea if Bama is gonna make it but I DO know y'all are gonna be BIG mad if they announce them as #4 tomorrow, lol.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/04/22 05:38 AM

Georgia
Mich.
TCU
Ohio st.
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/04/22 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by hippie
Georgia
Mich.
TCU
Ohio st.

I don't like that set up , it would mean Michigan and Ohio would play against each other .
Posted By: Cooncreek II

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/04/22 08:11 AM

Georgia
Ichigan
TCU
Ohio State

Georgia wins it all

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/04/22 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Ohio Wolverine
Georgia
Mich.
TCU
Ohio st.

I don't like that set up , it would mean Michigan and Ohio would play against each other .

Only if the make it to final game 1 plays 4. 2/3 first game

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/04/22 09:22 AM

One thing for sure if 2 big 10 get in and both loose first game ! Whoa nelly.....
Posted By: bass10

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/04/22 10:02 AM

One thing for sure if 2 big 10 get in and both loose first game ! Whoa nelly.....

Yep the mouth will be flapping for months! You do realize there’s 130 division one programs and two will be in
Win or lose that’s saying a lot. Oh never mind.Haters gonna hate!
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/04/22 11:08 AM

When does it officially get announced?

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. TCU
4. Ohio State

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/04/22 11:12 AM

Tonight

Georgiia
Michigan
OSU
Tcu
Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/04/22 01:30 PM

Georgia
Michigan
TCU
Ohio State
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/04/22 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. TCU
4. Ohio State

2 pm EST
Posted By: Maddog47

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/04/22 02:16 PM

Michigan
Ohio State
Georgia
TCU

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/04/22 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by wetdog

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. TCU
4. Ohio State

2 pm EST

Noon EST actually. ESPN.

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/04/22 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Maddog47
Michigan
Ohio State
Georgia
TCU

If it is this way same teams will play if Nittany is correct

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/04/22 02:38 PM

I just went to Twitter to see what Elon was up to today and the number one trend is the US right now is Bama. I guess I'm not the only one thinking they got a good chance.

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/04/22 03:22 PM

Who are you thinking they would replace, Ohio or TCU ?

Never mind, I just reread your first post....TCU.

Maybe, their schedule wasn't very hard.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/04/22 03:28 PM

People in New England don't watch college sports ...and that's a fact

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/04/22 04:33 PM

Been awhile since Flutie.

What ever happened to B. C. Nessy? They use to have a formidable football team but I haven't heard them mentioned in years.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/04/22 05:28 PM

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. TCU
4. Ohio State

We have a winner!
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/05/22 05:17 PM

How does a team lose but not drop in rankings? Tennessee lost and dropped 2-3 rankings. I can guarantee if LSU had beat GA that they would’ve dropped, lol. Why did TCU not move? Seems the CFP folks got in a bind when they lost and said heck, we’ll leave them and boot USC. Who’s number 5, we’ll move them up. Otherwise it gets too complicated and this new system will be seen as not working.

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/05/22 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
How does a team lose but not drop in rankings? Tennessee lost and dropped 2-3 rankings. I can guarantee if LSU had beat GA that they would’ve dropped, lol. Why did TCU not move? Seems the CFP folks got in a bind when they lost and said heck, we’ll leave them and boot USC. Who’s number 5, we’ll move them up. Otherwise it gets too complicated and this new system will be seen as not working.

First loss and it was in over time PLUS big factor they had already beaten K state once. Based on wins and losses the committee got it right. THE 4BEST TEAMS ???? nope bama would gut stomp any of them besides GA. But they lost 1 too many games. Should have played better defense....

Tenn quarter back is out for good. That factored in their ranking also.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/05/22 06:11 PM

Been awhile since Flutie.

What ever happened to B. C. Nessy? They use to have a formidable football team but I haven't heard them mentioned in years.

My nephew is a freshman at B.U...its a great hockey program...Football sucks around here

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/05/22 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by bass10

Yep the mouth will be flapping for months! You do realize there’s 130 division one programs and two will be in
Win or lose that’s saying a lot. Oh never mind.Haters gonna hate!

Yea sorta like is has been for the last couple years !! YOU know SEC TEAMS !!!!!
Posted By: GreginGA

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/05/22 06:16 PM

I don't think anybody has anything for Georgia, this year. Ohio State may receive another beatdown at the hands of clearly the best team in the SEC and nation. Georgia has too many weapons on both sides of the ball and a really good head coach. And, I'm not a big Georgia fan; but, they are an impressive team.

Greg

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/05/22 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be

First loss and it was in over time PLUS big factor they had already beaten K state once. Based on wins and losses the committee got it right. THE 4BEST TEAMS ???? nope bama would gut stomp any of them besides GA. But they lost 1 too many games. Should have played better defense....

Tenn quarter back is out for good. That factored in their ranking also.

Say what you want Bama would not gut stomp Michigan or OSU but we'll never know because Bama is playing in one of your participation bowls. Time to jump off that train and start riding the Georgia train. You know
the best team in the nation and the team that will probably win it all. Can't wait for the obnoxiousness to flow when and if they beat both OSU and Michigan.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/05/22 06:55 PM

The only thing that concerns me about Georgia’s defense is their pass coverage. But, I believe they’ll have that figured out when they face Ohio.
I’m not calling for a beat down, but I believe Georgia will come to play and advance to the next game.
Posted By: GreginGA

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/05/22 07:00 PM

Well, I said there may be a beat down. The reason I say that is that they scored so many points so quickly against LSU. They have so many ways to get in the end zone.

As for defense, I think Coach Smart has already stated that Saturday's effort against LSU was not acceptable. I think he'll have any problems worked out by the time Georgia enters the playoffs.

Greg

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/05/22 07:08 PM

Bass I’m on the SEC train for sure ! You know the one that has gut stomped every other conference 14 out of the last 20 something years
If I rooted fir a conference that had such a pitiful results in the playoffs as your biggest ten I’d just keep quiet!
Yea 2014 you guys won it with terminal Meyers. But what since ? If your team gets paired up against a big 12 team you can score and win but SEC ? Your team is awful !!!

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/05/22 07:21 PM

Finishing as one of the top 5 teams in the country is hardly awful? Just because they can't finish the lone survivor out of 130 teams and hit juggernuts makes them a top program year in and out.
Still butt hurt over your feelings getting hurt at the boat ramp clouds your vision. I know all teams deal with them but using your 3rd string RB and arguably the best receiver in the country not playing all
year makes beating Georgia a huge, if not impossible task. But win or lose we are there and 126 other teams are not!

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/05/22 08:48 PM

congrats to you and the buckeye program !! It was a hard fought battle week in and week out to make it thru the big 10. The competition was fierce and you guys battled thru it. Well until the last game and you sorta choked at home ! Might even fall into the gut stomping category . But play on and good luck !!!!

Re: Playoff Predictions? - 12/05/22 10:43 PM

congrats to you and the buckeye program !! It was a hard fought battle week in and week out to make it thru the big 10. The competition was fierce and you guys battled thru it. Well until the last game and you sorta choked at home ! Might even fall into the gut stomping category . But play on and good luck !!!!

Thanks Jbyrd, we will play on and hope the defense shows up
© 2024 Trapperman Forums