Home

Tonight's Yellowstone

Posted By: yotetrapper30

Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/12/22 04:28 AM

I liked it a lot. But the best part is that even John Dutton agrees that the President is a $%&^*$^ idiot, lol.

Whiskey, cigarettes, a meadow, and you is my new life motto, lol.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/12/22 04:41 AM

Well enjoy the make believe fairy tale on the TV. Cause the real John Dutton will vote for the idiot ever time!

Re: Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/12/22 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by Catch22
Well enjoy the make believe fairy tale on the TV. Cause the real John Dutton will vote for the idiot ever time!

Stop raining on my parade with your facts.
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/12/22 04:54 AM

I'm still on the first half of season 4 laugh

Re: Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/12/22 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Originally Posted by Catch22

Stop raining on my parade with your facts.

My bad lol. I do loves me some Teeter.

Re: Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/12/22 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
I'm still on the first half of season 4 laugh

Well hurry up, LOL
Posted By: Cooncreek II

Re: Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/12/22 11:05 AM

Last weeks cat fight was pretty good! Missed last week so we had to catch up.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/12/22 11:53 AM

I have only seen a few episodes but the pink haired chick that chews is sort of hot.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/12/22 04:19 PM

Hollywood drama
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/12/22 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by 160user
I have only seen a few episodes but the pink haired chick that chews is sort of hot.

Little Joe Cartwright's daughter. (Michael Landons daughter.)
Posted By: rex123

Re: Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/12/22 04:54 PM

After you all talking about it so much I just started watching and so far really like it. Still in season one.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/12/22 05:08 PM

Yep good one
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/12/22 06:57 PM

I feel bad for people who never watched before this season and started with this one so far. It sure wouldn't have lived up to the hype.

Re: Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/12/22 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by rex123
After you all talking about it so much I just started watching and so far really like it. Still in season one.

It only gets better from there.

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
I feel bad for people who never watched before this season and started with this one so far. It sure wouldn't have lived up to the hype.

Tyler Sheridan has said that the story he's telling here can only last for so long, but people keep clamoring for more and more yellowstone so I think what we're seeing this season his Tyler trying to slow it down... to maybe get another season out of it before getting to the end of the story.

And personally, I'm fine with that. Really, the storyline hasn't progressed much this year so far. But I'm just fine with watching a bunch of episodes like the last two, as opposed to rushing to the end of the story.
Posted By: white17

Re: Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/12/22 07:29 PM

Hopefully it ends with Monica caught between two bison bulls
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/12/22 07:40 PM

grin

Last night's new episode was very very nice, I thought. It gave room for a lot of reflection , in appreciating just where they are, the lifestyle and freedom they enjoy...and the unsurpassed beauty of the mountains.

It was interesting to see Summer finally listening to common sense perspectives, even from Monica. After she and Beth took their little "walk " ....

It had many peaceful, settled scenes and happy times.

Except for Jamie, lol. He always looks for something to be angry about, true to the Marxist left influence who has him yet again in their influence.

Not a few of the phrases used rang true and clear with me, in true life living.

I loved how Beth saw that valley, and told Rip she wished for only herself and him to live there forever, no one else .

I saw her ride that gorgeous blue eye/brown eyed palomino like a pro rounding up the herd. Like she had ridden forever. A milestone reached for herself.
Posted By: Mark K

Re: Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/12/22 11:11 PM

When John had to tell the old gal about her husband just about kicked my -.

Re: Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/12/22 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by upstateNY
Originally Posted by 160user

Little Joe Cartwright's daughter. (Michael Landons daughter.)

Yep, that's Teeter, my favorite character on the show. I'd share a bunk in the bunkhouse with her any night. Plus, I'd save a bunch of money on chew. grin
Posted By: salemtrapper

Re: Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/12/22 11:59 PM

What was the belt looking thing rip placed on the horses leg when him and Beth went to the meadow of love!

Re: Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/13/22 12:06 AM

Salem, those were called hobbles. No need for a paddock or rope tie spot . They can walk around the pasture and graze all night. It is supposed to keep them from roaming off and running, though I have seen innovative horses and mules learn to leap with both front feet together in landing, like a kangaroo hopping.

Re: Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/13/22 12:10 AM

I assumed that is what they were for, just didn't see how it would work. Do they go around both front legs? I didn't really show long enough the set up

Re: Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/13/22 12:14 AM

Yes, salem, they do, in a serpentine , then using the buckle just as you do a belt around the waist. Im not much for hobbles, myself, Id rather string up a makeshift very light rope corral and let them loose to eat all night in that temp paddock. You saw the long rope tied to two trees , with them all tied to that rope on 0 rings, that would slide . Just enough to get their heads down and eat.

Re: Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/13/22 12:21 AM

Thanks Sharon interesting. We have never done an over night with our horses never thought how to keep them overnight.

Re: Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/13/22 12:44 AM

Salem, it always has worried me when I did that. You never know what trouble they'll get into or what will happen. I've known folks having to walk miles back to camp when their steeds got loose and took off.

The best situations I've been part of , has been with professional outfitters, who's horses know the drill, the rope corrals are well made , or the grass is enough to keep a herd of 45 , some hobbled, or loose, in one area all night. I helped with an outfit like that in the upper Northwest Territories , Canada. 45 horses, one with a bell on to let you know where the herd was in the dark . Went to sleep hearing that bell at a distance, woke up in the morning hearing that bell ...it is a lot of work making and breaking camp like that day after day.

I don't miss it.

Re: Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/13/22 12:51 AM

Lol sounds like it, Iike to be part of it once something like that. Maybe the only time, after it's all said and done
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/13/22 01:33 AM

My uncle would only hobble the "lead horse". His thinking that if the lead horse stayed in an area all night so would all the others. It seemed to work pretty good.

My one cousin had the cows trained to follow him back to the barn. He'd ride out, tie the reins to the horn, tell it to go home. Then he'd get the cows attention and start walking back. I have 8mm video of him walking back with the cows strung out behind him with his horse standing patiently by the barn waiting. They wouldn't follow him if he was on horse back or on the tractor, but as long as he was on the ground they were pretty compliant.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/13/22 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

I thought they could have made a half or whole season between this one and last one. Seems as though a lot of time passed between the 2.
Originally Posted by Mark K
When John had to tell the old gal about her husband just about kicked my (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman).

I'm a big enough boy to admit I had tears running down my cheeks! cry
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Tonight's Yellowstone - 12/13/22 01:39 PM

Amazing Show
© 2024 Trapperman Forums