Home

My Side.. this is your fault.

Posted By: Artrapper16

My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 01:48 AM

https://youtu.be/IdgTujjy6hI

You made me do it lol. I don’t have anyone to tag though so maybe someone who sees this post will volunteer.
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 02:10 AM

grin
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 02:17 AM

I only used a 1.75 when I did my demo people thought I was going to loose a finger or several

those nice wide jaws are probably even easier on the hand than the skinny little 1.75 jaw

totally kills the myth that traps injure , when you look your audience in the eye and don't flinch when you jam your hand in the trap

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 02:20 AM

It was even better when I was still in school I brought one and everyone thought I was nuts to ask them to put their hand in it. Theyd say I will if you do snap before they could finish they’re sentence now they are already eating words lol it was the funniest thing to watch.
Posted By: Wild_WI

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 02:20 AM

Is that My Sides video?

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Wild_WI
Is that My Sides video?

No this is my video answering his challenge video.
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
I only used a 1.75 when I did my demo people thought I was going to loose a finger or several

those nice wide jaws are probably even easier on the hand than the skinny little 1.75 jaw

totally kills the myth that traps injure , when you look your audience in the eye and don't flinch when you jam your hand in the trap

Any time I give a demo seems I end up with the trap on my hand before I mean it and it seems to help people understand a lot better. Was doing a demo for my 12th grade paper and part of it was a short lecture. Well I had a modified #3dblas on the table and as I was talking I went to lean on the table and guess where my finger landed ? Everyone heard the CLUCK! And I just paused look down and said " ...ouch .... Yeah so that happens alot " and kep talking with this trap on my head for the last 3 or so minutes. Whole time the class is just looking at me like shocked then I took it off flex my and and all and peoel where Amazed !

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 02:32 AM

The faces they give never get old do they
Posted By: Wild_WI

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 02:34 AM

It's nice to see younger fellas in the game! Keep it up!
Posted By: Zim

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 02:42 AM

Sometimes it tends to hurt more than others.
Cold wet hands with a 1.5 on my ring fingernail comes to mind.
It does however expand your vocabulary.

Zim
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 02:44 AM

If you're only using your hand, then this isn't even thread worthy!

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by Zim

Zim

yup the secret is go deep and let it his some meat, knuckles do hurt , but nothing like they envision , they have some miss-guided idea that it will break the bones
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 11:21 AM

I've never done it on purpose
Posted By: PineDoggin

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 12:12 PM

I did a 330 coni but forgot to video it,lol
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 12:24 PM

All this hand snapping is nothing. I've heard tell the boss snaps a CDR on his butt. That's how you really demo snapping on body part. Holding power.

Mac
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by PineDoggin

Thats one I have not been in. I have stayed out of 750s also. But 1.5, 1.75, 2, 550, 5, and 220 I have been in. Never recorded. Had a hard time getting out of the 220 by myself.

How were you caught and did you get out by yourself?
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 01:21 PM

I got my left hand in a MB 750 and if I wouldn't have had a set of one-handed setters, I would of had to drive somewhere to get some help.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Zim

Zim

Hahaha....like a good hot fence does grin

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Originally Posted by Zim

Zim

Hahaha....like a good hot fence does grin

I have a hot wire over my chain link , you get both and that will wake you right up
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 02:54 PM

My wife and I had been married about a year. One morning after a rain I had a sow out and I started looking for a reason. I found some weeds on the fence near the bedroom window and I had leather gloves on as I usually did when handling a hot wire. The difference was I was reaching over a 30'' woven wire and my pants were damp. Everything connected and I turned the sky blue. I had cleaned my mouth up at least 5 yrs before that and my wife had never had a foul word come from me. Almost immediately that back door swung open and she said "What did you say"? All day she wouldn't leave it alone. I finally said "I guess I'm not as pure as you thought I was".
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 03:50 PM

Y’all can say it doesn’t hurt all you want, but when you’re tired and careless and catch just one finger it stings a little. Now when you jump with that caught finger and reach the end of the chain, then yeah, it hurts!!! My middle finger still to this day has a slight hump between the knuckles and was numb for a good 6 months. If you want a challenge, stick one finger in it and get back to me, lol!!

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Y’all can say it doesn’t hurt all you want, but when you’re tired and careless and catch just one finger it stings a little. Now when you jump with that caught finger and reach the end of the chain, then yeah, it hurts!!! My middle finger still to this day has a slight hump between the knuckles and was numb for a good 6 months. If you want a challenge, stick one finger in it and get back to me, lol!!

one finger catches and knuckles definitely hurt , good reason to be wearing a glove

it doesn't cut your finger off like people expect to happen based on the lies they have been told.

you can preface putting on the glove with , think of a coyote paw , they have leathery pads and run on gravel without a second thought , do you run on gravel bare foot?

for the demo go deep and take the hit on meat.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Thats one I have not been in. I have stayed out of 750s also. But 1.5, 1.75, 2, 550, 5, and 220 I have been in. Never recorded. Had a hard time getting out of the 220 by myself.

I had a 220 I was holding by the jaws in one hand and a coon I had just caught in the other hand. Instead of setting the coon down and hooking the springs on the 220, I thought I was fast enough to throw the 220 on the ground without getting caught. Wrong! I got caught by my thumb and pointer finger. I had a nylon cord and my teeth I used to get out. If I didn't happen to have the cord in my pocket, I would have worn the trap home.

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 08:41 PM

I once got caught by the pinky in a non laminated mb650….. OUCH
Posted By: PineDoggin

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Luckily I had 2 things ,my wife was with me checking and the RTS setter which was back in the bed of my truck. And on top of that it was a Belisle. It got me above the wrist and by the time she brought me the setter my hand was purple and I mean purple.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 10:26 PM

I had a #3 Northwoods catch me in the shop once. I heard and felt a "thunk" and looked down to see it hanging on my two fingers. It surprised me more than anything. My middle daughter and trapping partner at the time got caught in a Northwoods 1.75. I told her I was going to leave her there to see if she made a catch circle.
Posted By: TheYouthTrapper

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 10:38 PM

I've caught myself in 110s, 1.5 longs, 1 longs, #0 longs, and 1.5s coils so far. They sting a bit but not too bad after the initial.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 12/15/22 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by TheYouthTrapper
I've caught myself in 110s, 1.5 longs, 1 longs, #0 longs, and 1.5s coils so far. They sting a bit but not too bad after the initial.

It always depends on how they get you aond other factors has been said above. Have then grab one cold finger across the small joint in a 1.5 is going to be worse than Gering your whole warm hand in a #5.

Or if you catch yourself twice close together.

Beaver trapping makes me nervous in water. Don't wire off your traps or connect them to the droning rige tell after they are set.
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 01/06/23 08:25 PM

Back in the late 70's here in Ohio they were trying to ban trapping.
Back then about the only trap you could trap fox with was the old Victor no.2 .
I used to drive towmotor, and use my index finger to spin the wheel a lot.
So the finger was a little tougher than most.
I would set a new no. 2 on the desk or counter where ever I could get peoples attention to show them that traps aren't the evil tools they've been told.
Stick that one finger in the trap , and shock them every time.
Take the trap off , and flex my finger and never flinched.
I like to think I changed a few people's minds.
Posted By: MikeTraps2

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 01/06/23 08:28 PM

I think Marty Harmon holds the worst place for a trap to grab ya. And it was a 330, I think it only got one of the boys though laugh

Been caught in #0,1, 1.5 longsprings, #1 1/2, 1.75. 2. and #3 coilsprings, and 110, 160, 220 and 330

Worst was a 1 1/2 Montgomery right across the base of the thumbnail
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 01/06/23 08:41 PM

I've been caught in so many , that I can't list them all from memory .
Do know that if it was by surprise , it hurt more than if intentional , because the jerk back from it caused the scraping of the fingers , and sometimes drew blood.
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 01/06/23 09:21 PM

I had a 14 jump go off once on my hand just below my thumb.The worst of it was I couldn't get my foot or knee on the end of the leaf spring to open it back up because my hand was over it.Somehow or other I was able to open it.Very awkward because the trap was on a slide wire on a dam.I thought for a minute I'd have to cut the wire and head for home an hour away.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 01/06/23 09:37 PM

Before night latching, it was usual practic to set hair trigger on my 1.75 Northwoods for fox. Just finished the set but felt I needed to smooth off the dirt just a little more. The trap grabbing me across the hand dint hurt but it did when I hit the end of the chain!

This summer our local MTA chapter had a booth at one of the local fairs. Not uncommon for people to comment on how traps crush the animals paw. One such young man made that statement repeatedly in a very loud voice so I demonstrated they do not using an MB550. The moment it went off all three kids gasspt in horror but I didn't flinch. Wiggled my fingers and ask them if it looked like my fingers where crushed. Their mother thought it was hilarious and then thanked me for the demonstration. I atleast hope I helped educate them somewhat.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 01/06/23 10:07 PM

Never would have believed 160 could vault 8 inches out of a box and clamp on my hand thumb tingled for a month and pointer finger has a permanent lump also discovered those little tree-felling wedges are mighty handy
Posted By: T-REV

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 01/06/23 11:41 PM

I’ve been fortunate so far. Closest Ive had was a bridger #3 snap and caught the tip of my glove. Darn sure got my attention though!
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 01/07/23 12:27 AM

Been caught by 110, 1.5, 2, but the 330 had me concerned I’d never be able to play an F#dim again.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 01/07/23 12:37 AM

Caught myself at least twice this week in #3s. Figure if u don't catch yourself now and again your just lolly gagging around and ain't moving fast enough. Lol
Posted By: MnMan

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 01/07/23 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Flipper 56
I got my left hand in a MB 750 and if I wouldn't have had a set of one-handed setters, I would of had to drive somewhere to get some help.

Just put a knee on each lever at the same time. Don't ask me how I know.
Posted By: MnMan

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 01/07/23 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Macthediver
All this hand snapping is nothing. I've heard tell the boss snaps a CDR on his butt. That's how you really demo snapping on body part. Holding power.

Mac

[Linked Image]
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 01/07/23 12:57 AM

[Linked Image]
Gotta do this every couple of years or so to maintain the calluses.
Posted By: jalstat

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 01/07/23 05:49 AM

Been in a 750 not nearly as bad as a # 2 montgomery on a bitter cold day in the water years ago that one stung.

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 06/01/23 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by MikeTraps2
I think Marty Harmon holds the worst place for a trap to grab ya. And it was a 330, I think it only got one of the boys though laugh

Been caught in #0,1, 1.5 longsprings, #1 1/2, 1.75. 2. and #3 coilsprings, and 110, 160, 220 and 330

Worst was a 1 1/2 Montgomery right across the base of the thumbnail

I would have cried for an hour and then went immediately to the hospital.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 06/01/23 10:07 PM

I agree, the “hand” doesn’t really hurt. But catch a middle finger, when it’s anchored, and then jump up…now that hurts! It’s been almost two years and I still have a knot on the bone, lol. I don’t think it was the actual catch as it was reaching the end of the chain!!!!
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: My Side.. this is your fault. - 06/01/23 10:21 PM

yes if I remember right, it did make my eyes water and I had a sudden outburst of technical terms I can repeat on here
© 2024 Trapperman Forums