Home

Trump NFTs

Posted By: yotetrapper30

Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 04:47 PM

I understand how NFTs work even less than I understand how cryptocurrencies work. But apparently yesterday Trump released 45,000 Trump "cards" NFTs that sold for $99 a pop. Sold out in 12 hours.

That's 4.5 million dollars he raised for his campaign in one afternoon. Pretty amazing.
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 05:11 PM

laugh laugh laugh

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 05:14 PM

Basic explanation
Posted By: Marty

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 05:15 PM

good for djt.

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 05:25 PM

Sweet Lord these are better then I thought laugh
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: rpmartin

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 05:30 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Sweet Lord these are better then I thought laugh
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Sure sounds like a liberal wrote those peices....Mr Trump lol

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 06:20 PM

They make it sound worse than the DNC laundering the Ukraine aid back to themselves... thats ok though, no one calling them out for that.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 06:22 PM

First thing I thought, Mr. Trump? lol

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 06:22 PM

New York times = Orange man bad
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Guss

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 06:26 PM

That's why the demonrats hate him!. He the only president that helped the people,and the demonrat want people in chains.

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 06:28 PM

I bet he is raising campaign funds so he dont have to beg the rat infested RNC

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Guss
That's why the demonrats hate him!. He the only president that helped the people,and the demonrat want people in chains.

Plenty of RINO's too.
Posted By: kbuck

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 07:51 PM

Certainly an inventive way to con folks out of a few million dollars
Posted By: Tony1967

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 08:13 PM

Seriously, who buys this crap?

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tony1967

Think about this......who bought into Biden being a good President?
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by kbuck

Here's a guy with TDS.

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 08:48 PM

And another. Oh...........NY..........that splains it.

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by hippie

Think about this......who bought into Biden being a good President?

Nobody........that's why he was installed instead of elected.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 08:51 PM

You didn't get yours before they sold out I see. Don't worry if you hurry you could probably find some for 4x the price for sale now. If you wait they will only go up.

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 08:58 PM

I bet jbyrd bought most of them the first hour they were on sale. He predicted yuge profits.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 09:05 PM

I voted for Trump twice and will again if he's the man, but I gotta agree with this.

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 09:07 PM

Thank you! I voted for him too (being in NY doesn’t explain anything) but I’m not buying into this. Hope all you guys who did make out great. Let me know in a couple years how much it increased……..
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 09:08 PM

I get why this was done and it's a great idea... but.

He raised $4.5 million for campaign funds and people got a chance to be involved. Great, that's the American way. But if anyone who paid $99 for one of these thinks they are ever going to sell it for a profit that seems like a stretch. It's like donating $99 to a campaign, you are really getting nothing of real monetary value in return.

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson

And another. Oh...........NY..........that splains it.

What? I don’t want to buy what he’s peddling so I’m a communist? You guys kill me.

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 09:09 PM

You'll get used to it Tony , never question Trump ,never end good lol grin

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
You'll get used to it Tony , never question Trump ,never end good lol grin

Lesson learned wolf dog!
Posted By: Boco

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 09:15 PM

Suckers born every minute.

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 09:17 PM

You said communist, not me. You may be over-reacting. laugh

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 09:20 PM

Just reacting to someone who thinks they know me and sure doesn’t.

I voted for Trump twice and would again if he wins the spot, but I agree this is just goofy. I thought it was to raise campaign funds but according to Wolfdog's article this is going directly to Trump. When said the other day he had a big announcement I was hoping for something better than digital Trump baseball cards, lol.

Originally Posted by BernieB.

He raised $4.5 million for campaign funds and people got a chance to be involved. Great, that's the American way. But if anyone who paid $99 for one of these thinks they are ever going to sell it for a profit that seems like a stretch. It's like donating $99 to a campaign, you are really getting nothing of real monetary value in return.

Certainly could today. They were trading for $230 as of this morning.... with certain special ones up to $24K

https://www.coindesk.com/web3/2022/12/16/trump-nft-collection-sells-out-price-surges/

I mean can you really be mad at the guy. I'll tell one reason I like the guy is he's a pretty cut throat business man. Seen some reviews of peoel did his trump university thing and the guy knows how to make money......not really in a touchy feely way but it works. Honestly he probably saw he had a pretty rabid fan/vote base who would like to support him but they don't just like giving money sooooo.
And honestly his NTF's are dirt cheap compared to alot of them.
There where probably a lot of people buying them with the thoughts of their sticking to to the libtards lol. Honestly though this isn't the first time . Political NFT's / crypto was Thing

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
I voted for Trump twice and would again if he wins the spot, but I agree this is just goofy. I thought it was to raise campaign funds but according to Wolfdog's article this is going directly to Trump. When said the other day he had a big announcement I was hoping for something better than digital Trump baseball cards, lol.

Originally Posted by BernieB.

Certainly could today. They were trading for $230 as of this morning.

He probably just putting it directly where he wants it to go within his campaign what nots
Posted By: gcs

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 09:29 PM

It sure is making the demonrats crazy, thats a good thing, lol
Guy likes stirring it up! grin

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 10:10 PM

Here's a guy with TDS.

It's been fun watching folks move the goalposts on what it takes to qualify as having TDS over the last few years.

First you had to be absolutely rabid- really get riled up at just a mention of the guy.

Now all it takes is thinking that Trump trading cards in the form of NFTs are a ludicrous idea.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 10:33 PM

Trump announced the launch of his NFT collection on Truth Social on Thursday, stating that they would “make a great Christmas gift.” He added that “they will be gone, I believe, very quickly.”

He was right.

As mentioned above they are currently trading at much higher prices. The floor price, which is the lowest price in a collection, is 0.19 ETH or $226 dollars, more than double the original $99 it sold for. Some cards are selling for much higher prices, with one card at around $24,000.

So, tell me why you consider this a con?

Was anybody tricked into buying these through flase staments?

Was anybody forced to buy?

Explain it to me like I'm stupid because I really don't understand how this is a con.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 10:36 PM

Thank you! I voted for him too (being in NY doesn’t explain anything) but I’m not buying into this. Hope all you guys who did make out great. Let me know in a couple years how much it increased……..

Honestly I was just playing.. well kind of I bet you could sell them now for a profit to some of the Trump fan boys.

I can say they have zero appeal to me.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 10:38 PM

[quote=kbuck]Certainly an inventive way to con folks out of a few million dollars

Here's a guy with TDS.

It's been fun watching folks move the goalposts on what it takes to qualify as having TDS over the last few years.

First you had to be absolutely rabid- really get riled up at just a mention of the guy.

Now all it takes is thinking that Trump trading cards in the form of NFTs are a ludicrous idea.

He didn't accuse you of having TDS because you think it's a ludicrous idea, I think it is too. He thinks you have TDS because you claim it is a con.

Please explain why you think it is a con.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 11:07 PM

Trump university, steaks, deodorant, vodka, social media stock and now this. Don't forget his legal defense fund.

But he loves America. Suckers.

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut

Trump announced the launch of his NFT collection on Truth Social on Thursday, stating that they would “make a great Christmas gift.” He added that “they will be gone, I believe, very quickly.”

He was right.

As mentioned above they are currently trading at much higher prices. The floor price, which is the lowest price in a collection, is 0.19 ETH or $226 dollars, more than double the original $99 it sold for. Some cards are selling for much higher prices, with one card at around $24,000.

So, tell me why you consider this a con?

Was anybody tricked into buying these through flase staments?

Was anybody forced to buy?

Explain it to me like I'm stupid because I really don't understand how this is a con.

It's a con in the same way that all NFTs are a con. The most prestigious of NFTs, the "Bored Ape Yacht Club" is getting sued at the moment for using celebrities to promote exceptionally overpriced jpegs (https://www.theartnewspaper.com/202...ed-ape-yach-club-nft-lawsuit-celebrities). The cheapest NFT in the series was at one point valued at over 400k, but has since dropped 80% (https://decrypt.co/114158/bored-ape-yacht-club-nft-prices-fall-after-ftx-sinks-crypto-market).

There's a clear pattern to these schemes: high profile celebrities encourage people to spend money on funny images (that they do not own) that look like valuable assets until people realize what they really are and the price comes plummeting back to earth. At least with baseball cards, you actually have a physical card regardless of value.

If I had posted any of the above links a week ago, everyone in this thread would have (rightly so) laughed at the idiots who bought a picture of a monkey smoking a cigarette for $1,000,000+ and watched their "investment" vanish over the course of a few months. Now, photoshopped images of the former president in a superman outfit are going for 24k... Who's deranged?

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 11:33 PM

I bet a person who bought 100 (or a 1000) of the Trump NFTs yesterday and sold them today doesn't think it's a scam.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 11:33 PM

I didn’t see anybody state that they purchased one, how many of you did?
Posted By: warrior

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/16/22 11:57 PM

Two pages worth of talk, a few million dollars, trading activity in cards among millennials and zoomers, moreso on the interwebs.

The guy must be crazy.

Crazy like a fox.

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/17/22 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Blaine County
Trump university, steaks, deodorant, vodka, social media stock and now this. Don't forget his legal defense fund.

And he's smarter than most...obviously!!!
Posted By: warrior

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/17/22 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

They were never intended for us.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/17/22 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by warrior
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

They were never intended for us.

My bad, I just saw a couple post chastising y’all for buying them. I thought some of you had.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/17/22 12:34 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/17/22 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Blaine County

How was the State of the Union when he was in office? How is it now? that's what I thought. laugh
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/17/22 01:45 AM

At least I could put baseball cards on my bike and make a cool sound with the spokes. Not sure what digital trading cards will sound like. I wonder if you get a stick of gum in each pack too?
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Trump NFTs - 12/17/22 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Bigbrownie
At least I could put baseball cards on my bike and make a cool sound with the spokes. Not sure what digital trading cards will sound like. I wonder if you get a stick of gum in each pack too?

T
Originally Posted by Bigbrownie

To this very day I can still taste that gum.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums