Home

Cabin fever!

Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Cabin fever! - 12/22/22 05:25 PM

Diesel truck won't start so I'm stuck home with the girls til it warms up.

Went pheasant hunting around home yesterday, poor shooting made sure plenty of seed stock will be around next year.

What's everyone else doing during the blizzard/cold?
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Cabin fever! - 12/22/22 05:32 PM

When you are a Donner survivor, the phrase Cabin Fever takes on a whole new meaning.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Cabin fever! - 12/22/22 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by BernieB.
When you are a Donner survivor, the phrase Cabin Fever takes on a whole new meaning.

grin grin
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Cabin fever! - 12/22/22 05:38 PM

working

I almost got the drive shaft back in the 4wd expedition before I had to go to work this morning

got the last of the parts earlier this week in the mail , put the new U-joint in this morning sure went in a lot easier than the old one came out of the junk yard drive shaft.

wish I would have started soaking that with penetratingly oil last Thursday when I got it , but over night in a bath of penetratingly oil worked

was banging out the Ujoint at 5:30 this morning , woke the wife up , too bad

when I get off work a roll in the snow to tighten down the last 2 bolts and off for a test drive.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Cabin fever! - 12/22/22 05:48 PM

Thawing out and unloading the truck from our Marten, Fisher and cat trip. The garage floor is soaking wet and it smells like Castor in there.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Cabin fever! - 12/22/22 08:06 PM

Tinkering in the shop. Cleaning up some of my trapping gear and doing some minor repairs. Finished up what little furs I had left to do. Took out my turkey tail and wings this morning to thaw out, plan on pinning them out to dry so I can mount them to a board.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Cabin fever! - 12/22/22 08:18 PM

got the drive shaft finished at lunch , took it for a short spin , nice to have it back in service , wife has been driving my truck for two weeks.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Cabin fever! - 12/22/22 08:37 PM

Well, heifers water line froze so I borrowed my dad's truck to move heifers to the other end of the farm, was outside for 2 hours and I think that's going to be a wrap for today, I'm cold. Its -9 right now but the wind is picking up, the wind makes it a bit tough to be out.
Posted By: Whopper Stopper

Re: Cabin fever! - 12/22/22 08:42 PM

Went fishing this morning. Plenty of snow to bank the house.

WS
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Cabin fever! - 12/22/22 08:48 PM

I'm holed up, not going out unless I have too. I retired the speedo till spring, have a bag of chips, a frozen pizza, and a glass that's dead even half full half empty. grin
Posted By: Claypool313

Re: Cabin fever! - 12/22/22 08:50 PM

Making sausage. When that runs out finish a couple gift crafts. When that runs out cook a big batch of chili. When that runs out drink whiskey.
Posted By: T-REV

Re: Cabin fever! - 12/22/22 09:22 PM

Fortunately no blizzard down here but tomorrow is supposed to be 15 and Saturday 11. I know to you yanks that aint bad but down here its darn cold! Sitting on an excavator now clearing and burning.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Cabin fever! - 12/22/22 10:04 PM

Going out every couple hours to keep the back door from drifting tight. Will blow snow tomorrow. Not a lot of snow but the wind is finding places to drop several drifts that will need to be removed. We are not that cold yet, but tried some snow shoeing this AM and turned back as the wind just went right through several layers. I wore my waders so most of me was warm but just did not have enough wind proof layers.

Bryce
Posted By: Pofarmer10

Re: Cabin fever! - 12/22/22 10:17 PM

Been jumping around today. 0 degrees, then 1 degree, then 0 degrees, then -1 degree the m -2 degrees and finally back to 0 degrees. 15-25 MPH winds. Been toying around. Tried to sled a little but 2 in of snow isn't as much fun as 6 inches!
Posted By: Posco

Re: Cabin fever! - 12/22/22 10:34 PM

Got the 1950 Farmall Cub up and running after farting around with it for two days. It's pretty neat the amount of snow you can move with a ten horsepower engine. Six hundred pounds of wheelweights and chains help.
Posted By: D.T.

Re: Cabin fever! - 12/22/22 11:39 PM

I got a bunch of projects line up before the river thaws out a little next week. looking for more water fur than mountain fur this year. Finished organizing my crawl for seasonal shuffle I do every year (hunting, fishing, climbing, holidays). I have to work on my wall tent a little. Wife and I are going to start on a beaver blanket for the little guy and the new one we found out is on the way. Also have been tying lots of flies. Heading to hawaii for 3 weeks in feb for bones and trevally. This is my last week on my townhome project as well so I have been going hard on the 2mil dollar build. Bosses were happy and gave me another fat bonus.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Cabin fever! - 12/23/22 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Whopper Stopper

WS

We have 8 inches of ice here, 2 feet of snow and 10 inches of slush. The lakes are pretty well screwed for the year.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Cabin fever! - 12/23/22 12:03 AM

Roll back the rug and 2 step 'round the Christmas tree. (hint- make her eggnog a double b4 you do this LOL)
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Cabin fever! - 12/23/22 12:13 AM

I plowed the driveway today, the arctic blast did not hit here yet. When it does I plan on staying inside. My circulation must be bad, I get cold hands and feet when it's 32 degrees.
Posted By: Whopper Stopper

Re: Cabin fever! - 12/23/22 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by Whopper Stopper

WS

We have 8 inches of ice here, 2 feet of snow and 10 inches of slush. The lakes are pretty well screwed for the year.

That's almost exactly what I found.

WS
Posted By: Roofbolter

Re: Cabin fever! - 12/23/22 06:17 PM

I chased my wife around and maybe tomorrow put some clothes on!!!
Posted By: Claypool313

Re: Cabin fever! - 12/23/22 06:45 PM

35lbs of 4 different sausage flavors in the freezer. After finish my beer will go clean up. Dreading going to barn to use the router table on my next project. Maybe a few more beers first.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums