Home

Green energy

Posted By: Sheepdog1

Green energy - 12/22/22 10:34 PM

Please feel free to bash the idiots that are pushing this foolish nonsense. Go ahead, twist off and get it off your frozen loins, chest or whatever area is cold and miserable. I triple dog dare yall.

Here is mine. BIDEN and crew, YALL SUCK and anyone who supports you does too.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Green energy - 12/22/22 10:35 PM

Can't find much to argue there.
Posted By: corky

Re: Green energy - 12/22/22 10:37 PM

Sheepdog is way too kind.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Green energy - 12/22/22 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by corky
Sheepdog is way too kind.

I agree. If I were to properly convey my own thoughts I'd catch a nice long vacation from Trapperma
Posted By: Zim

Re: Green energy - 12/22/22 10:43 PM

Howdy Dave and Merry Christmas.
I would like to meet up with you one day, it would seem we share
similar values.

Zim
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Green energy - 12/22/22 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Zim
Howdy Dave and Merry Christmas.
I would like to meet up with you one day, it would seem we share
similar values.

Zim

X2
Posted By: 080808

Re: Green energy - 12/22/22 10:49 PM

X3
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Green energy - 12/22/22 11:10 PM

Dave, I want to line em all up and give them rides in a Huey, throw them out and see if they bounce.

Addition.....have my over/under and as they take flight down, yell "pull" and shoot .
Posted By: Guss

Re: Green energy - 12/22/22 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sheepdog1
Please feel free to bash the idiots that are pushing this foolish nonsense. Go ahead, twist off and get it off your frozen loins, chest or whatever area is cold and miserable. I triple dog dare yall.

Here is mine. BIDEN and crew, YALL SUCK and anyone who supports you does too.

Tell me how you really feel about them.
Posted By: Sheepdog1

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 12:08 AM

Ohhhh Sharon, that would be awesome. can we use #4 buckshot so as to have no cripples or survivors
Posted By: MattLA

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 12:15 AM

Which green energy policy bothers you so much and why? Is it just the rhetoric?
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 12:25 AM

Yeah, and I’m the one that’s going to prison. lol

You people need some counseling. lol
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by MattLA

The only energy policies which I am opposed to are the ones which can never be feasible in any practical sense, the ones which are not sustainable without huge subsidies, and the ones which are based on grossly flawed "settled science."
So to answer you directly, all of the current administration's green energy policies "bother" me.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 12:38 AM

lol
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 12:44 AM

There is room for solar and wind to supplement our power supply, but The Idiot and company actually think wind and solar will take the place of fossil fuels. Moronic.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 12:47 AM

In the long run solar and wind are also bad for the environment and they also cannot take the place of fossil fuels right now...because we would loose lots of energy as a result. Maybe solar power air force and marine 1 for a start?

Plus do not forget we are paying/going to pay 'reoperations' to the third world for our energy use...while they keep using fossil fuels.

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 02:05 AM

Just for it to be known I am adamantly against wind and hydro, but I am good for solar and biomass generation. This opinion is partial environment and just common sense for the rest, but saving the earth has very little to do with it for me. Why does global warming or "green for the planet" get connected for you guys to any sort of renewable talk?

Like my truck I dont care where the energy comes from to make it or charge it. It doesnt matter to me about the environment in terms of pollution, but my familys health and hearing did play a part. The lack of maintenance played a huge part and the fact that it costs me $12 from empty to full to charge it, no matter what. So everyday I am only paying $4 bucks for roughly a little less than 100 miles of vehicle travel. It can power my RV for 3 days with full climate control running, it can my RV(not as far but it does it ez). The $7500 tax credit played a part because not really been lots of times the government will help buy vehicles.

Lastly when I think of combining solar with all of that, there is a point of return when I can charge my truck "for free" at the cost of time. I do not want to "try" to just move away from fossil fuels yet, but nuclear, solar and fossil fuels to me are the future.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 02:08 AM

Big picture is what you're not seeing.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Yeah, and I’m the one that’s going to prison. lol

You people need some counseling. lol

laugh
Posted By: spjones

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 02:19 AM

Biomass is one of the bigger scams, maybe the biggest

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Boco

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 02:27 AM

People lived for thousands of years without fossil fuels.
People will still live when fossil fuels are no longer available.
Just a different lifestyle-not so decadent.
But fossil fuels sure are convenient.

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Sheepdog1
Ohhhh Sharon, that would be awesome. can we use #4 buckshot so as to have no cripples or survivors

You bet, Dave
wink
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 02:32 AM

Here we Go.........
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 02:34 AM

the ones that MANDATE the changes.

let the free market decide.
Posted By: danvee

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 02:39 AM

Nuclear is going to be the energy source of the future. Green power is just filling a battery with energy from another source.

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by danvee
Nuclear is going to be the energy source of the future. Green power is just filling a battery with energy from another source.

First time I think I agree with you.
Posted By: Quartermastersir

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
People lived for thousands of years without fossil fuels.
Just a different lifestyle-not so decadent.
But fossil fuels sure are convenient.

I'm not buyin that there wasn't plenty of decadence before fossil fuels, and I'm not buyin it will be diminished after fossil fuels. But I believe you're correct about fossil fuel.

Fossil fuels are currently the energy on which the world's economy runs, eventually it will be replaced with something currently known or yet to be discovered/harnessed. I think what irritates a lot of us is that they are artificially changing the normal processes by mandates and subsidies. The market usually rewards innovation and ingenuity and somebody will invent a better energy mousetrap.
If one is all in for going green because of the subsidies you take from the rest of us, I'm not sure we're going to be sympathetic to your cause.
Does anybody know the green/ renewable/ sustainable energy plan for lubrication? If it goes around it needs lube, even the wind turbines take alot of oil. What's the replacement for lube oil if we're fossil fuel free?
What about all the plastic we use in the medical field and other critical uses? I can get by without my 20oz plastic cola bottle , but I'm kinda OK with that plastic bag of IV. What's the green energy replacement?

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 03:19 AM

the greenies also want to eliminate burning wood and cattle...both meat and dairy cattle along with pigs and other domesticated animals.

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
the greenies also want to eliminate burning wood and cattle...both meat and dairy cattle along with pigs and other domesticated animals.

They'll be canibals

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 03:31 AM

Biomass = generating electricity through burning wood in your stove is what im talking about. The greatest thing about solar is it uses the sun which every other living thing uses to generate energy. It also allows for passive generation with almost zero input except for some niche cases.

I think killing the power completely on sundays except for military only should be done. No work, no electricity for 24 hours, would be a great reset for folks.

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 03:40 AM

Not long ago they said “plant a tree, save the planet”

Fast forward too current times

Cut forests down, make pellets, transport pellets around the globe. Burn pellets too create electricity

Yay,,,,biomass/green energy!!

Australia just declassified biomass as green energy. They discovered biomass is worse than coal

https://news.mongabay.com/2022/12/a...s-in-first-blow-to-wood-pellet-industry/
Posted By: Badger23

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 03:59 AM

I think killing the power completely on sundays except for military only should be done. No work, no electricity for 24 hours, would be a great reset for folks.

You can't be serious can you?? WOW

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 04:00 AM

Well I have no idea about the pellets but I can 100% build a small generator that produces energy from you burning the wood you have split and stacked. The current tech isnt great but you could run some lights and a fan. It uses a sensor to work along with some other circuitry.

More about getting more out of your tasks you already do.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 04:09 AM

MattLA are you nuts? We haven't seen the sun for 4 days and it's 18 below right now. Might get a little cool without electric on sunday.

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 04:10 AM

Make one of those bicycle powered ones Matt, everyone burning wood would run us outta trees pretty quick.
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 04:15 AM

Why don't you jump in your RC truck and drive your coon arse up here and shut my power off on Sunday....
crazy
Posted By: JoMiBru

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 04:20 AM

Fracking for natural gas and oil.
Coal mining.
Commercial fishing.
Agricultural practices.

We have spent years perfecting these industries, the core industries that make our country’s economy thrive. We’ve made the combustion engine so efficient with little emissions. Farmers are putting plenty of food across our tables. Etc etc for the industries listed.

Let these industries thrive with less interference and we will remain warm and well fed, with plenty of job opportunity.

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 04:38 AM

Posted By: rick brocious

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 04:54 AM

Biomass = generating electricity through burning wood in your stove is what im talking about. The greatest thing about solar is it uses the sun which every other living thing uses to generate energy. It also allows for passive generation with almost zero input except for some niche cases.

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by grumley701

Why don't you jump in your RC truck and drive your coon arse up here and shut my power off on Sunday....
crazy

Hahahaha!

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by JoMiBru
Coal mining.
Commercial fishing.
Agricultural practices.

We have spent years perfecting these industries, the core industries that make our country’s economy thrive. We’ve made the combustion engine so efficient with little emissions. Farmers are putting plenty of food across our tables. Etc etc for the industries listed.

Let these industries thrive with less interference and we will remain warm and well fed, with plenty of job opportunity.

Amen x10
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 05:00 AM

When 7 different people on a thread that's only on the first page think you're an idiot......

you might just be an idiot.
Posted By: mendota

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 05:54 AM

^^^^^^ Amen
Posted By: Roofbolter

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 12:22 PM

Green energy is from Greenhorns that have never fully mentally formed!!!
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Roofbolter
Green energy is from Greenhorns that have never fully mentally formed!!!

How many folks are out there living off the grid utilizing “green energy” and other natural occurrences to provide for such lifestyle? These folks aren’t “greenhorns”. The problem is it takes a lot of work and “smarter not harder” has been applied to everything and that has turned out a whole lot of “jellyfish”.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 01:37 PM

Well I have no idea about the pellets but I can 100% build a small generator that produces energy from you burning the wood you have split and stacked. The current tech isnt great but you could run some lights and a fan. It uses a sensor to work along with some other circuitry.

More about getting more out of your tasks you already do.

you're a University Professor, aren't you?
Posted By: 3togo

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 02:36 PM

Let's face it. If anyone had the ability and the nads to expose the money trail since Al Gore started this it would be eye opening. There is ANOTHER proposed wind farm not far from me. Being backed by a company from SPAIN.

How about we consider taking the hundreds of billions that have been spent on green energy and put it towards cleaning up power generation from fossil fuels. And I could back new process nuclear.
Posted By: Osky

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by grumley701

crazy

I think we’re both safe from that Grumley, there are no extension cords long enough for his vehicle to make it up here. Toss in how much our hard cold zaps battery efficiency and his moronic ideas are safely sequestered in the south.

Osky
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Green energy - 12/23/22 03:04 PM

They have the answer and have had since the 2nd world war. Thorim salt reactor It can be set up to use spent fuel from other reactors.
Posted By: coondagger2

Re: Green energy - 12/26/22 03:28 AM

Hey Matt, next time one of them big hurricane storms comes through LA and knocks the power out for a couple weeks I’d be glad to bring a diesel generator down to charge up your RC truck grin
Posted By: AJE

Re: Green energy - 12/26/22 03:29 AM

He has been absent lately.
Posted By: coondagger2

Re: Green energy - 12/26/22 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by AJE

I must have missed something, been out of town
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Green energy - 12/26/22 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by coondagger2
Originally Posted by AJE

I must have missed something, been out of town

he's not gonna be problem anymore let's just say....
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Green energy - 12/26/22 03:35 AM

He was a strange dude, but if he did something bad enough to get banned I must have missed it.

Re: Green energy - 12/26/22 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by AJE

Who are you referring to?

Re: Green energy - 12/26/22 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by AJE

Who are you referring to?

lol, c'mon man!

Re: Green energy - 12/26/22 05:42 PM

who is c'mon man?
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Green energy - 12/26/22 05:43 PM

MattLA

Re: Green energy - 12/26/22 05:48 PM

who is c'mon man?

laugh

You better drink a coffee.

Re: Green energy - 12/26/22 05:53 PM

Well I'm relieved.

Anyone that wants folk's electric shut down one day a week , irritated me bigly. Like they do in prison and third world countries, and in communist countries . That line of thinking has no earthly business for Americans who pay their power bills every day and deserve time off of their work....WITH power.

Re: Green energy - 12/26/22 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
MattLA

He was a bit long winded.... smile

Thanks WD.

Re: Green energy - 12/26/22 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
who is c'mon man?

laugh

You better drink a coffee.

I just had strong black coffee with a green tea bag in it.... smile
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Green energy - 12/26/22 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by JoMiBru
Coal mining.
Commercial fishing.
Agricultural practices.

Add timber harvesting and blue stone and mining other stone products.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Green energy - 12/26/22 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
MattLA

Didnt agree with him much but didnt think he got outa line.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Green energy - 12/26/22 07:00 PM

The amount of energy in a pound of coal, a gallon of oil, or a cubic foot of natural gas, is likely beyond the ability of humans to exceed. Burning them for electricity, heat, and transportation is the most sensible source for getting those things. If the govt. really was interested in helping society it would provide incentives to making those sources of energy cleaner!
Posted By: bctomcat

Re: Green energy - 12/26/22 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by martentrapper
The amount of energy in a pound of coal, a gallon of oil, or a cubic foot of natural gas, is likely beyond the ability of humans to exceed. Burning them for electricity, heat, and transportation is the most sensible source for getting those things. If the govt. really was interested in helping society it would provide incentives to making those sources of energy cleaner!
Amen!
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Green energy - 12/27/22 12:04 AM

Agreed, but before you can make things cleaner you have to accurately define what is dirty. Carbon dioxide is not dirty.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Green energy - 12/27/22 12:08 AM

I wonder if hydrogen would exceed the energy produced by coal, oil, or natural gas?
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Green energy - 12/27/22 12:40 AM

Cost to produce hydrogen

via electrolysis using wind energy in prime sites is estimated at around $5.50/kg.

That’s about the equivalent of $3 gasoline when run through a fuel cell.

Lotsa ways to skin the kitty. 
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Green energy - 12/27/22 02:51 AM

But most folks are scared to death of hydrogen after the Hindenburg fire!!
Posted By: waggler

Re: Green energy - 12/27/22 02:59 AM

I'm all for green energy; and hydro and nuclear are the cleanest and greenest while at the same time being economical and practical.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Green energy - 12/27/22 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by waggler
I'm all for green energy; and hydro and nuclear are the cleanest and greenest while at the same time being economical and practical.

But….it’s gotta be self sustaining and practical. Get the dang gov out of things and this country can thrive!
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Green energy - 12/27/22 12:52 PM

Used to be every town on a creek/river would have a hydro plant for both grist mills and power generation. They were shut down because they were "too much maintenance." Personally I think there just wasn't enough money to be made because the energy was already there...basically free, and could be used over and over as it flows downstream. I'm not buying their logic as everything takes maintenance.

Re: Green energy - 12/27/22 12:53 PM

Same with natural gas. There's an endless supply of it, just not enough profit for the big hitters.
Just look at how much money has to be spent on wind turbines and solar panels to produce the most unreliable sources of energy. Who do you suppose is most heavily invested in and profiting from this nonsense?

Re: Green energy - 12/27/22 04:14 PM

I'd hardly consider daming up major rivers as "green", and given the longterm waste from nuclear it's really not "clean" either.
Posted By: sneaky

Re: Green energy - 12/27/22 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101

I'd hardly consider daming up major rivers as "green", and given the longterm waste from nuclear it's really not "clean" either.

How much nuclear waste do you think has been generated since the beginning of its use? I would wager it is far less than you are imagining, and certainly less than all of the other energy processes being used. Nuclear is far and away the greenest source of energy, and also the most stigmatized.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Green energy - 12/27/22 08:33 PM

Sneaky a little goes a long way and last a long time. Funny how we don't hear about Fukushima dumping heave water into the ocean any more.
Posted By: Michigander

Re: Green energy - 12/27/22 09:07 PM

More radiation is expelled from coal plants than nuclear plants by far.

Re: Green energy - 12/27/22 10:19 PM

A river doesn't have to be dammed up to create hydro. There are many big rivers that flow a strong current year round.
Posted By: Crowfoot

Re: Green energy - 12/27/22 10:33 PM

.... just not nearly as many of them.
Posted By: sneaky

Re: Green energy - 12/27/22 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Sneaky a little goes a long way and last a long time. Funny how we don't hear about Fukushima dumping heave water into the ocean any more.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Some of the radioactive isotopes have a long half life, others break down into harmless isotopes in just a few years. Statistically speaking nuclear is by far the greenest energy source

Re: Green energy - 12/27/22 11:14 PM

I don't know much about nuclear power generation, and am not disputing your information, but am curious how those figures were determined. It seems strangely coincidental that death percentages all decline by 0.1% incrementally. I wonder how do they determine the number of deaths directly attributed to coal, oil, or gas?

Re: Green energy - 12/27/22 11:32 PM

My grandfather, who was a leading inventor scientist for NASA, based in FLA., was certain that nuclear is the way to go. His foresight decades into the future was a marvel. Along with his fellow scientists , all over the world as his friends at that time, also , to a person, agreed.

Re: Green energy - 12/27/22 11:37 PM

Lets back up a bit.
Where does that nuclear fuel come from ?
How "green" is the entire process of obtaining the fuel ?
Can the resultant nuclear energy power every mechanical need to produce the fuel with enough left over to power the grid ?
Seems sort of like the coal/oil to charge a battery scenario.
I dunno .... just wondering.
confused
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Green energy - 12/27/22 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Michigander
More radiation is expelled from coal plants than nuclear plants by far.

I have never seen a coal plant area end up like Chernobyl. I have lived an an area with 7 coal plants within an hour of me most of my life.

Re: Green energy - 12/27/22 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Sharon
My grandfather, who was a leading inventor scientist for NASA, based in FLA., was certain that nuclear is the way to go. His foresight decades into the future was a marvel. Along with his fellow scientists , all over the world as his friends at that time, also , to a person, agreed.

I agree with this. I know of two nuclear plants in Nebraska. No problems. Every industry is going to demonize the competition. Just so happens this administration has alot of money to be made with their pre-planned "investment" in wind and solar.

Re: Green energy - 12/27/22 11:59 PM

The “green movement” is all about ELIMINATING human impact, thus nuclear and hydro are a no-no

It’s sad because nuclear/hydro are the most cost effective/reliable forms on non C02 energy

Humans are the problem for the green movement

Re: Green energy - 12/28/22 12:03 AM

Ontario gets 60% of its electricity from Nuclear.
We invented the CANDU reactor.

Re: Green energy - 12/28/22 12:06 AM

Lithium mines get the thumbs up but not uranium.....????
Everything about this administration smells of rotten eggs.

Re: Green energy - 12/28/22 01:59 AM

Ontario gets 60% of its electricity from Nuclear.

Where does the fuel come from ? (details please)

Re: Green energy - 12/28/22 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by spjones
The “green movement” is all about ELIMINATING human impact, thus nuclear and hydro are a no-no

It’s sad because nuclear/hydro are the most cost effective/reliable forms on non C02 energy

Humans are the problem for the green movement

Humans need to be eliminated according to them.

Re: Green energy - 12/28/22 02:06 AM

We invented the CANDU reactor.

"CANDU fuel bundles are about 20 in long and 4 in in diameter. They consist of sintered (UO2) pellets in zirconium alloy tubes, welded to zirconium alloy end plates.
Each bundle weighs roughly 44 lb and a typical core loading is on the order of 4500–6500 bundles."

still looking for the processes of acquiring that fuel ..... resources used, etc ...

Re: Green energy - 12/28/22 03:00 AM

Canada exports 85 % of our Uranium production.
The other 15% is used to fuel the Candu reactors.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums