Home

Oh no another bad day for big 10 !!

Posted By: jbyrd63

Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/02/23 08:47 PM

After today as it stands Sec is going to move ahead of big 10 in wins and winning percentage .
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/02/23 09:29 PM

Dang LSU is flat thumping Purdue.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/02/23 09:31 PM

LSU really put it to Purdue. The teams I root for have really been in a slump the past couple days. The Eagles lost to the Saints yesterday, I hope Penn State can save some face. The Big 10 has not done well in games they were underdogs and Penn State is an underdog against Utah.
Posted By: sneaky

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/02/23 09:39 PM

Eagles are coasting in to the playoffs and waiting on Hurts to come back healthy. I wouldn't read much into it. I hate the end of the NFL regular season because it's like opt outs in college. Teams on big winning streaks rest players, lose a couple of games, and go in to the playoffs with zero momentum. It's maddening.
Posted By: rats4me

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/02/23 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
After today as it stands Sec is going to move ahead of big 10 in wins and winning percentage .

Guess participation trophies are back to mattering again, go figure LOL

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/02/23 09:44 PM

They better not coast too much, they need another "W" to wrap up home field advantage throughout the playoffs, in fact, they need the win just to win their division.

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/02/23 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by rats4me

Guess participation trophies are back to mattering again, go figure LOL

Not to me but the northern mouths where running on overload last weekend counting bowl wins ! With I’ll ,Purdue, oh st , mich, loosing only pennst can save face from the “top “ teams in the big ten!!
Just how good is a conference if ALL OF the top 5 loose their bowl game ? How’s the top 5 in the SEC looked so far ??
Just saying

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/02/23 11:36 PM

Did Purdue play in the Big 10 championship?? Lol lol lol lol
Posted By: hippie

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/02/23 11:37 PM

I can easily see why your wife doesn't like watching football. lol

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/02/23 11:47 PM

2 more games and one more comment unless asked a question?

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/02/23 11:54 PM

Haha
Posted By: Kong

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/02/23 11:56 PM

Sure are running your cake eater for somebody whose team got totally pounded by a team that has the worst offense in the country, but the best defense in the country. If Iowa had an above average offense they would have had a great year…… Instead, they had to pound on KY.
Posted By: Ltrman

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Kong
Sure are running your cake eater for somebody whose team got totally pounded by a team that has the worst offense in the country, but the best defense in the country. If Iowa had an above average offense they would have had a great year…… Instead, they had to pound on KY.

No, no...that's not his team.....just ask him. He needs to go out of state for a team he can continuously run his mouth about. He decides what games count and which ones don't. Excuses for SEC teams that lose to other conferences. He's the mouth that roars because he never accomplished anything athletically in his life. He lives through 18-22 year olds athletic accomplishments. LOLOLOLOLOL

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
I hope Penn State can save some face. The Big 10 has not done well in games they were underdogs and Penn State is an underdog against Utah.

I don't!! LOL

But I am pulling your eagles and my Bama boy Hurts.
Posted By: Ltrman

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 12:38 AM

Did Purdue play in the Big 10 championship?? Lol lol lol lol

Did anyone claim Purdue was a good team that would beat LSU? Let's see, by your logic Iowa beat Kentucky 21-0 and Georgia beat them 16-6....I guess that makes Iowa better than Georgia. LOLOLOLOLOL

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Kong

Actually Iowa ended up 3rd in defense, not top. Their offense is pretty abysmal though. If Ferentz doesn't fire his kid then they deserve to be mediocre.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 01:05 AM

Always a !!!!

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
I hope Penn State can save some face. The Big 10 has not done well in games they were underdogs and Penn State is an underdog against Utah.

I don't!! LOL

Party at Jim's tonight!

Congrats to your team on the Rose Bowl win Nittany!!!
Posted By: Savell

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 01:38 AM

I don't!! LOL

[Linked Image]

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 01:44 AM

Hurts wasn't good enough to be a Bama Boy, he is a Sooner. In any event, I think he will be playing this Sunday. I am glad to see that Penn State won. I hope I make it until this coming season because Penn State has a lot of players that will be back. They are a very young team, and I think the new quarterback will make people forget about Clifford.
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 01:46 AM

Let's hear the troll bounce his gums about Penn State now.

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 02:18 AM

Hurts wasn't good enough to be a Bama Boy, he is a Sooner. In any event, I think he will be playing this Sunday. I am glad to see that Penn State won. I hope I make it until this coming season because Penn State has a lot of players that will be back. They are a very young team, and I think the new quarterback will make people forget about Clifford.

Hurts considers himself an Alabama boy since he graduated from there, and even wears Bama clothes often still in his pictures online, but if you hate Bama so much you can't stand the thought of your star QB being Built By Bama, then so be it, lol.

Congrats on your Penn State win. I suspected they would win, despite not being favored to. At least it feels better losing a bet when you know your money is going to a good cause.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 02:43 AM

Congrats Penn St.....Also Tulane, Miss St. & LSU.

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 02:58 AM

I don't hate Alabama, I just can't see that you can give them credit for Hurts when he left the school and finished his college career with Oklahoma. When he was drafted they said his school was Oklahoma. The Kentucky quarterback started off at Penn State, he transferred to Kentucky. I am pretty sure he will be drafted by a NFL team, but I won't claim he was a Penn State quarterback.
Posted By: bass10

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 01:32 PM

Well shoot, I hope you make it to see 20 more years of Penn State football?
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 02:49 PM

One more question? being so only the championship matters. If you don't shoot the biggest buck in Kentucky next year are you going to see yourself as a failure?

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by teepee2
One more question? being so only the championship matters. If you don't shoot the biggest buck in Kentucky next year are you going to see yourself as a failure?

shhhh no place in this forum for logic and common sense.

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 04:39 PM

I don't hate Alabama, I just can't see that you can give them credit for Hurts when he left the school and finished his college career with Oklahoma. When he was drafted they said his school was Oklahoma. The Kentucky quarterback started off at Penn State, he transferred to Kentucky. I am pretty sure he will be drafted by a NFL team, but I won't claim he was a Penn State quarterback.

Nittany pretty sure Hurts had several starts at BAMA So the fact he won a "playoff game with bama accounts for nothing. Tua was pulled and hurts won the semi final game for them. Then bama won the chip. How many years did Hurts stay at BAMA . HE GRADUATED FROM BAMA !!!
How many at OKl. How many did Levis play for KY . How many did he play for Penn st

Heck nittany you should thank Saban for giving you HURTS . Where your eagles been before he got there.

Congrats on your Nittany lions being top dog in the BIG 10 !!! THE only top team to win their bowl game !!

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 05:05 PM

YES IF I have him at 50 YARDS and MISSED IF I let him get away then I would think myself as a failure !!! YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT !!!
. See problem with your comment is I might not have the opportunity to shoot the biggest deer in ky next season . BUT BUCKEYES AND MICH had the chance to win the championship.
THEY MISSED !!!

Chew on that until september

BOOM MIC DROP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 05:10 PM

Purdue would of at least had some offense if their quarterback wouldn't have sat out for the NFL career. These games are getting even more meaningless with star players sitting out.

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 06:04 PM

YES IF I have him at 50 YARDS and MISSED IF I let him get away then I would think myself as a failure !!! YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT !!!
. See problem with your comment is I might not have the opportunity to shoot the biggest deer in ky next season . BUT BUCKEYES AND MICH had the chance to win the championship.
THEY MISSED !!!

Chew on that until september

BOOM MIC DROP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You won't have the chance because you're not good enough nor put in the work to at least have the opportunity!

BOOM MIC DROP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 07:19 PM

Big 10 did pretty good in most of the lower level games but could not win in the big ones. Big 10 is mostly noted for defense yet the two better Big 10 teams gave up almost 100 points. Go figure.
The number of bowl games has increased greatly since they have become hosted or funded by businesses. These games bring revenue into these southern cities and the firms can have a write off as many lose monies and the universities do get some notice for recruitment purposes and pro scouts have another venue to see potential players.

Bryce

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 07:34 PM

Bryce, do you consider the Rose Bowl a lower level bowl game?

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 08:15 PM

Nittany pretty sure Hurts had several starts at BAMA So the fact he won a "playoff game with bama accounts for nothing. Tua was pulled and hurts won the semi final game for them. Then bama won the chip. How many years did Hurts stay at BAMA . HE GRADUATED FROM BAMA !!!
How many at OKl. How many did Levis play for KY . How many did he play for Penn st

Heck nittany you should thank Saban for giving you HURTS . Where your eagles been before he got there.

Congrats on your Nittany lions being top dog in the BIG 10 !!! THE only top team to win their bowl game !!

The Eagles won a SuperBowl without Hurts, they were doing just fine before he showed up. Don't act like he's the savior of Eagles football.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 08:17 PM

Compared to the top 4 yes but not the lowest. It will probably be one of the top 2 in the future as they rotate between some of the classic older major sites.

Bryce

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 08:24 PM

Guess that means the big 10 has better depth, a stronger conference Top to bottom than a couple people think.

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
Guess that means the big 10 has better depth, a stronger conference Top to bottom than a couple people think.

Yes of course ! their conference championship game wasn't even between 2 RANKED teams.

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 09:31 PM

... keep droppin mics on em Uncle J !

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 10:56 PM

Hey Savell, when these big ten'rs gang up on the SEC, all we gotta do is give'm the "byrd" Lol.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/03/23 10:57 PM

If you don't get a shot at him you didn't work hard enough. Pick up your mic

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/04/23 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Dirt

Purdue would of at least had some offense if their quarterback wouldn't have sat out for the NFL career. These games are getting even more meaningless with star players sitting out.

I blame that entirely on the coaching. How many first round draft picks does Alabama usually have, and how many of those guys sit out their bowl games? Bryce Young is likely to be picked first or second in the draft and Will Anderson will be up there too, but yet both of them played in their meaningless bowl game. EIGHT Bama players are expected to be in the top 100 of the draft, and yet they ALL played.

Why? Coaching. They have it drilled into their head that they are part of the team and that the team needs them. None of them even considered not playing in the game, even though they didn't make the playoffs this year.
Posted By: AirportTrapper

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/04/23 12:29 AM

Lsu played a 2nd string quarterback for most of the game..
Posted By: JTfromWV

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/04/23 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter
Hey Savell, when these big ten'rs gang up on the SEC, all we gotta do is give'm the "byrd" Lol.

I think we should give some other forum the "byrd". Lol
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/04/23 01:15 AM

I guess Purdue's coach led by example, since he decided not show up for the game either.

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/04/23 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by JTfromWV

... don’t sass mouth my Uncle J when he’s layin down gospel in here !
Posted By: JTfromWV

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/04/23 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Savell

If it was sass I wouldn't have used the Lol.

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/04/23 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Savell

If it was sass I wouldn't have used the Lol.

...” Lol “ stands for “Livin on luck” if a man ever thinks of sassin my Uncle J

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/04/23 02:44 AM

If you don't get a shot at him you didn't work hard enough. Pick up your mic

Didn’t say get a shot at him SAID MISSED HIM !!

What if the biggest deer in Ky isn’t on property I hunt ? Your sucky teams not only were on the biggest field they had it under their stands !!! Choked “ BUCK FEVER “ lol lol lol

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/04/23 02:47 AM

Point out one thing in this thread that I posted that’s not facts ?
I’ll delete it ! Truth hurts big ten chokes in playoffs!! Heck back to back years laying zeros on the board !

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/04/23 03:12 AM

... drop the mic uncle J !!

.. SUV division is playing chess while the big pac 9 is playing chinese checkers!!

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/04/23 03:22 AM

"And this "byrd" you'll never change"...Lynyrd Skynyrd . grin

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/04/23 03:27 AM

... mics droppin like acerns in october around here

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/04/23 10:51 AM

I finally figured out what's wrong with you folks down there, y'all have been drinking soap!!!

Saw this and had to buy

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/05/23 10:51 PM

Only have one question.
Why are all the games for the National Championship always played at a SEC field , with SEC officals ?

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/05/23 11:17 PM

They aren’t? The bowls are contracted for the stadiums years ahead. The national championship is in Inglewood California. Last year it was in Indianapolis.
PAC-12 officials worked oh st vs GA
They don’t have conference official if that conference is playing the majority of the time.
Posted By: Kansasace2

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/05/23 11:31 PM

The twelve team playoff will really hurt some t Shirt fan egos in here… as it should
Posted By: Ohiowoodchuck

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/05/23 11:39 PM

Alabama wasn’t in the top four. Good enough for me.

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/06/23 12:23 AM

They aren’t? The bowls are contracted for the stadiums years ahead. The national championship is in Inglewood California. Last year it was in Indianapolis.
They don’t have conference official if that conference is playing the majority of the time.

OK so why was the Michigan TCU game and Ohio State Geogia game both played on SEC fields?

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/06/23 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Ohio Wolverine

OK so why was the Michigan TCU game and Ohio State Geogia game both played on SEC fields?

They weren't.

TCU/MI was played at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, AZ.

OH ST/GA game WAS played in Georgia, at Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta... but that's NOT Georgia's field... they play in Athens.

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/06/23 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Ohiowoodchuck

They are now lol ahead of both big 10 losers !!! Lol lol lol lol
Posted By: Ohiowoodchuck

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/06/23 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Ohiowoodchuck

They are now lol ahead of both big 10 losers !!! Lol lol lol lol

There’s always next year. It don’t matter now.

Re: Oh no another bad day for big 10 !! - 01/06/23 01:32 AM

[quote=Ohio Wolverine]

They weren't.

TCU/MI was played at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, AZ.

OH ST/GA game WAS played in Georgia, at Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta... but that's NOT Georgia's field... they play in Athens.

OK Fair point , just see they were in better temperatures than on a field in the north..But lol with climate change that's going to change soon !
I really don't get that involved , but I do like Michigan and like ( love ) when they beat Ohio St.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums