Home

Ammo finally dropping

Posted By: jbyrd63

Ammo finally dropping - 01/05/23 01:20 AM

Lowest price I’ve seen in awhile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/05/23 01:30 AM

I think the last 3 boxes of that I picked up at Walmart were about that price. It was the cheapest thing I saw and since it was used for the boys to shoot pistols anything that shoots was good enough. I didn't want them burning up my good ammo shooting handguns at 15 yards.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/05/23 01:41 AM

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/22lr
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/05/23 01:49 PM

"Training ammo" must be less powder
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/05/23 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

more like round nose projectile ,bulk packaging with 325 loose rounds in the box

not intended for hunting or personal protection just training.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/05/23 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

more like round nose projectile ,bulk packaging with 325 loose rounds in the box

not intended for hunting or personal protection just training.

Its NOT training ammo.Some bonehead just wrote that in the adversisement.It doesn't say that anywhere on the box.I have quite a few boxes of it.My hunting rounds are CCI Stingers,however those Federals are 1200 feet per second.Wich is pretty much standard velocity.They are not under-powdered.I wouldn't hesitate to shoot squirrels with them.That is about the same price I paid for all mine at wallmart.They still have a mountain of them at that price there.

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/05/23 04:30 PM

shooting squirrels with round nose non hollow point is a good way to get squirrels that run away , the round zips through leaving a .22 hole they die but under blow down or high in the tree with a round through them. unless you get a headshot on every one.

I have used auto match a couple cases of it , I think training ammo is rather appropriate , it isn't intended for game and I wouldn't want big money on a match with it.

you could use it for dispatch because you do pick perfect shots when something can't run off.

so training while not on the box is about right in my opinion anything that isn't a scored competition for prize , hunting or personal defense is training.

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/05/23 05:13 PM

No squirrels will run off If shot in the head with those bullets.
Posted By: pintail_drake04

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/05/23 05:44 PM

my cousin used to have a hollow pointing tool for .22 ammo. it was pretty slick. he found what shot best in his rifles, it happened to be a round nose bullet, and added his own hollow point for squirrel hunting.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/05/23 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

Yep^^^

Bunch of .22 LR purchase sites on AmmoSeek that are cheaper than what the Op posted.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/05/23 06:17 PM

Just a few years ago I bought 500rd bricks of standard velocity CCI for $16. I bought 3" .410 for $8.99. I don't see "ammo dropping". I see people getting screwed so bad they celebrate when the prices come down to only twice as much as it should be. Just like celebrating gas prices dropping under $3 a gallon.
Posted By: nt2

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/05/23 06:35 PM

We are 60 years past the good days of $5.50/500 brick of good stuff!

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/05/23 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by pintail_drake04
my cousin used to have a hollow pointing tool for .22 ammo. it was pretty slick. he found what shot best in his rifles, it happened to be a round nose bullet, and added his own hollow point for squirrel hunting.

pacos kelly tool there may be some others

I have looked into them it has been a while and I never did shell out the cash
I came into some 300 round mini mag packs for a reasonable enough price it would take about 4000 regular 22lr turned into hp to pay for the tool
I just don't need that many hp 22lr when I really only use around 300 a year
https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthr...-one-tried-the-pacos-kelly-tool-for-22lr
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/05/23 06:54 PM

shooting squirrels with round nose non hollow point is a good way to get squirrels that run away , the round zips through leaving a .22 hole they die but under blow down or high in the tree with a round through them. unless you get a headshot on every one.

I have used auto match a couple cases of it , I think training ammo is rather appropriate , it isn't intended for game and I wouldn't want big money on a match with it.

you could use it for dispatch because you do pick perfect shots when something can't run off.

so training while not on the box is about right in my opinion anything that isn't a scored competition for prize , hunting or personal defense is training.

Say all you want.Like I said,,my hunting rounds are CCI Stingers,,HOWEVER,,I wish I had a dollar for every squirrel that was killed with ammo like that shown.
Posted By: Ohiowoodchuck

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/05/23 07:19 PM

There still is no .444 ammo or .410 stuff on the shelves along with other popular calibers around here. I did find some .444 ammo the other day for 92.00 a box. I’ll use it as a club before I pay that.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/05/23 09:54 PM

Natchez Shooter Supply has their lowest to date plus free shipping going on now.

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/05/23 09:58 PM

[Linked Image]
They have match Auto feed same price

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/05/23 09:59 PM

why did pics change to linked image ?

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/05/23 10:01 PM

LOL hunted for years with solid nose. Hollow point are head only or it would cut a squirrel in to. Head shot with a pellet rifle is dead squirrel .Lety alone a 22 long rifle..

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/05/23 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Natchez Shooter Supply has their lowest to date plus free shipping going on now.

Yesterday I saw they had some primers again. But they went up $5 per k from the 2k I bought a few weeks ago for 95$per k

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/05/23 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63

LOL hunted for years with solid nose. Hollow point are head only or it would cut a squirrel in to. Head shot with a pellet rifle is dead squirrel .Lety alone a 22 long rifle..

J over 3 years I shot a few squirrel with cci sv round nose. Two different times they were still alive and breathing with blood and brain running out of their head as there heart beat and were still moving feebly. Their skull was busted . The first tile I thought it was a fluk and would not have believed it had I not saw it. The second time I quit using them and round nose for squirrel. I don't understand it like you said I gave killed a ton of then with my .20 cal air gun.. but they hit the ground dead.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/05/23 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ohiowoodchuck
There still is no .444 ammo or .410 stuff on the shelves along with other popular calibers around here. I did find some .444 ammo the other day for 92.00 a box. I’ll use it as a club before I pay that.

There has been some 444 Marlin ammo on GB in the last week. Actually lots of stuff that has been impossible to find is being produced. 444, 22 birdshot, 35 Whelen, 280............but the days of $20-25 box ammo are gone forever! Maybe 5 years from now we will be griping that we still remember the good old days when it was "only" $60 box.
Posted By: Ohiowoodchuck

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/05/23 11:20 PM

The last couple of boxes I bought was 39.99 a box.

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/06/23 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

J over 3 years I shot a few squirrel with cci sv round nose. Two different times they were still alive and breathing with blood and brain running out of their head as there heart beat and were still moving feebly. Their skull was busted . The first tile I thought it was a fluk and would not have believed it had I not saw it. The second time I quit using them and round nose for squirrel. I don't understand it like you said I gave killed a ton of then with my .20 cal air gun.. but they hit the ground dead.

when I was a kid I grabbed the wrong ammo had round nose 22lr kept hitting that squirrel and it kept running finally dispatched it in a brush pile there was one round left in the magazine when we went to put the other in and it had been the mag that had been loaded with round nose.

yes J hollow points will nearly cut them in half at times , but there isn't hardly any meat in the middle and they don't go any where

and I hate loosing them to a hole in the tree it is a waste of a squirrel and time trying to figure out where they went
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/06/23 01:22 AM

Why would you aim anywhere on a squirrel other than the head?
There is so little meat on a squirrel to start with, why ruin any of it
Posted By: Guss

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/06/23 02:00 AM

You don't see 500 box that much.
Posted By: harrison72

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/06/23 02:15 AM

I have had good luck with these over the years. While somewhat "cheap", they shoot really good in all of my rifles and are decent on squirrels.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/06/23 03:07 AM

Hollow point are head only or it would cut a squirrel in to.

Must be like those 9mm that blow the lungs out of people.

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/06/23 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

Hahaha yeah
Posted By: run

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/06/23 12:42 PM

Thank you for sharing, jbyrd63.
Posted By: run

Re: Ammo finally dropping - 01/06/23 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

You win the internet for the day!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums