Home

Pop and I’m down !

Posted By: jbyrd63

Pop and I’m down ! - 01/09/23 08:05 PM

Was plugging up my boat batteries yesterday and bent over to get the the plug . Straightening up my lower back popped/ caught . My L -4-5 is bone on bone . So short of it I’m stuck humpback 2/3 upright . Moving either direction takes me to my knees! Chiropractor won’t touch that area because of fusion next to it
Called neurosurgeon office told them and they said be there at 8 am . Just got back on my feet from kidney surgery! Wasn’t lifting or twisting just picking up cord !

Hoping few days of laying around will calm it down. But this is different from normal pains I’ve had.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/09/23 08:08 PM

Bend your knees, not your back. Thought I would be the first peckerwood to state the obvious. wink
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/09/23 08:11 PM

Sorry Man...hope the surgeon helps

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/09/23 08:14 PM

If you think it might help, I could run down there, put a knee in your lower back and give your shoulders a good yank. grin.
Posted By: billy

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/09/23 08:17 PM

not good,hope ethings work out for you,prayers sent.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/09/23 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by trapperkeck
If you think it might help, I could run down there, put a knee in your lower back and give your shoulders a good yank. grin.

I could feel that as you explained ....ouch

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/09/23 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sharon

I could feel that as you explained ....ouch

I only suggest that because I have had the L5-S1 surgery. I had a nice reminder today while I was pulling 18" of snow off the roof with a roof rake, then shoveling that compacted crap away from the house.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/09/23 08:30 PM

Yes, TK. I understand. That pain really grabs the attention. Even takes one's breath away. Shoveling snow is one of the worst things to do , IMO .
Posted By: corky

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/09/23 08:31 PM

Snow is always heavier after it slides off the roof.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/09/23 08:35 PM

Trapperkeck,

I used to pull snow off my roof with a snow rake. Then I got an Avalanche. You push the snow off while on the ground. To see what I mean google "Avalanche snow removal".
It's still work, but not nearly as much as a snow rake.

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/09/23 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
Trapperkeck,

I used to pull snow off my roof with a snow rake. Then I got an Avalanche. You push the snow off while on the ground. To see what I mean google "Avalanche snow removal".
It's still work, but not nearly as much as a snow rake.

Well, I'm not sure of the proper terminology of the tool I was using. Borrowed from my neighbor. It looks like a mini snow plow on the end of a 20' pole. Stand on the ground and pull the snow toward the eve.... Thinking about helicoptering a snow blower on the roof if we get much more snow. crazy
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/09/23 10:11 PM

Leave the stuff up there. Ya only have to shovel it to another place once ya got it down. Seems to me you are just bored and are looking for things to do.

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/09/23 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
Leave the stuff up there. Ya only have to shovel it to another place once ya got it down. Seems to me you are just bored and are looking for things to do.

Living down South, you probably aren't familiar with ice dams where ice forms at the eves of the home and melting snow backs up under the shingles and runs into your house. It's a thing here. Lol
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/09/23 10:31 PM

https://youtu.be/MeH1g_vZoek

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/09/23 10:32 PM

Sorry for hijacking your thread jbyrd. Then again, you are probably still trying to crawl back to your recliner from the bathroom.eek Hope you are upright soon!
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/09/23 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1

Living down South, you probably aren't familiar with ice dams where ice forms at the eves of the home and melting snow backs up under the shingles and runs into your house. It's a thing here. Lol

I was born and raised on a small island of the coast of Germany in the north sea. Trust me, we had our fair share of snow. But our roof tiles where made of burnt clay and somewhat thicker. So we could leave the snow up there without it starting to leak or any such nonsense. Just knock the icicles off once in a while so ya don't get nailed to the driveway
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/09/23 11:45 PM

hopefully you get better soon
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/10/23 12:01 AM

I threw my back out one time reaching with my left hand across my body to reach the TV remote to my right. Can't be too careful it seems...
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/10/23 12:06 AM

Ouch! Hope they figure it out tomorrow.

Chris
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/10/23 12:12 AM

I hope you feel better jbyrd. Will you be able to watch the game tonight?
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/10/23 12:22 AM

Last November I had my back put me down bad. It took days before I could hobble to the bathroom and over a week before I could walk without a pair of stick for support.

Let me know if you need any help. I have days off next week.

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/10/23 12:35 AM

Yes just turned it on ! Heating pad for first half Ice pack for second! Lol

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/10/23 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Last November I had my back put me down bad. It took days before I could hobble to the bathroom and over a week before I could walk without a pair of stick for support.

Let me know if you need any help. I have days off next week.

Thanks but this time of year it’s project only . I still have to spray that cedar chest but it will be there when I get to it .
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/10/23 12:40 AM

Hang in there jbyrd. Hope you feel better soon!
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/10/23 02:23 AM

"On Next Week's Episode"
Of (ME).
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/10/23 02:11 PM

God's is n Ohio St. alumnus.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/10/23 02:35 PM

jbyrd, hope your feeling better, sore backs suck. On a lighter note, I'm surprised you didn't see this coming.
Posted By: run

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/10/23 03:06 PM

Jbyrd63, I am sorry to hear about your back. I hope it calms down somehow.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/10/23 04:23 PM

Hyperbaric oxygen chamber treatments help with inflammation and pain

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/10/23 05:42 PM

Dr said suffer for a week then if no better MRI AND EPIDURAL. mad
Posted By: bankrunner

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/10/23 06:05 PM

God does not need to show he is a blowhard. He rewards those that pat themselves on their backs with karma. Pay attention.
Posted By: JTfromWV

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/10/23 11:58 PM

Wonder how many Drs are SEC alumni vs. Big 10 alumni.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/11/23 04:49 AM

Sorry to be the ash loe but there is a reason why you're on disability.

However, I do hope your current condition gets better and pain resides...
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/11/23 12:31 PM

Prayers for you one back surgery often leads to seven more.
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/11/23 08:52 PM

I thought to have broken my back once.

I was up on a ladder and trying to catch a fox in a top opening pen.

I got ahold of it with the tongs, Turned around and jumped down.

A shooting pain shot across my lower back. I made it to the holding pen. But almost crawled back to the house 200 feet away.

Got into the house, sat in a rocker chair. Wife got me some (2) Ibuprofen and water. 4 hours later repeat.

The next morning repeat. About 6 hours later, repeat. It took 2 days to begin to recoup reasonably.

Still very careful doing things when up in the air and getting down.
Posted By: Crowfoot

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/12/23 12:54 AM

Wish you well bud.
all them big bass musta strained it a bit, eh .

Can't imagine much worse ..... get well soon !
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/12/23 12:57 AM

Getting older just sucks! Had more health problems in the last 3 years than the other 54 combined!

Hope you get to feeling better.
Posted By: Outlaw99

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/12/23 01:42 AM

I thought this post was the tale of actually running into someone you’d trolled over the internet in person…..kind of a let down
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Pop and I’m down ! - 01/12/23 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by bankrunner
God does not need to show he is a blowhard. He rewards those that pat themselves on their backs with karma. Pay attention.

laugh
© 2024 Trapperman Forums