Home

Georgia should win

Posted By: Nittany Lion

Georgia should win - 01/10/23 12:20 AM

I read an article where as the current Georgia team, according to ESPN, has the second highest recruit rating on their present team and TCU is 34th. If I remember correctly Georgia has 9 Five star players and 50+ 4 star players. Georgia should demolish TCU according to the talent they have on hand for tonight's game.

BTW, in case you were wondering who the number 1 rated team of recruits is, it is none other than Alabama. I wonder why they aren't playing for the National Championship with all those blue chip players.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 12:34 AM

TCU is an excellent team, wouldn't count them out at this point at all...Should be a great game!
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 12:39 AM

Nittany they’re not playing because they didn’t get blue chips in their secondary !!! Pass defense is why they lost both games this year !
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 12:50 AM

Where did these idiot announcers come from? Just when I thought I'd seen it all it gets worse. Cripes. Thank God for mute.

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 12:55 AM

The announcers in the lower frame are speechless.

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 12:56 AM

This is going to get ugly fast !!!

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 01:03 AM

Wicked fast.
Posted By: AirportTrapper

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 01:07 AM

I wish I could watch it
Posted By: warrior

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by AirportTrapper
I wish I could watch it

Same here. But if the score is any indicator Georgia is moving the ball at will.
Posted By: Ltrman

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 01:35 AM

After the entertaining semifinals...this one might be a snoozer. Hope I'm still awake by the 4th quarter.
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 01:40 AM

TCU Will get it done!

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Ohio Wolverine
TCU Will get it done!

24-7 in the second quarter.
Posted By: sneaky

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter
TCU is an excellent team, wouldn't count them out at this point at all...Should be a great game!

This post is aging well lol

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 01:46 AM

National championship game was played last week in Atlanta. TCU has no answer for speed.

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 01:49 AM

Maybe there should've been another team in the final four.
Just saying.

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by sneaky

This post is aging well lol

Lol, exactly! grin

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 01:53 AM

National championship game was played last week in Atlanta. TCU has no answer for speed.

We'll see !Any more I think since college rules have changed on the players being compensated for their talent and skills ( not paid directly but still paid )_ are no different than Pro ball , money talks.Too many plays that are staged , that determine the out come.

JMHO
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 01:54 AM

If Georgia does not decide to hold back they could score a lot of points even without a lot of time of possession they can score in a real hurry. There a lot of very good well conditioned players that are well coached.

Bryce
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 02:01 AM

I’m a Georgia fan and realize there’s still another half and TCU could come back, but I’d rather Michigan had won last week. I really think it would be a better or closer game. One of those games where you HAVE to play the entire 4 quarters to prove you’re the Champion.

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 02:03 AM

Why are college head coaches paid multi millions a year for coaching a sport ?
Just food for thought.
I know what you're going to say already.
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 02:04 AM

As a Tennessee fan i was pulling for TCU to win but was afraid it would be a blow out. If you look at the top teams it usually coincides with top recruiting classes

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 02:08 AM

Just looking at the game stats is ugly. Probably a good thing its on ESPN and I can't watch it.

The Dawgs are averaging 6 yards every time they touch the ball.

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 02:10 AM

And we just intercepted with 36 seconds left in the half.

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 02:12 AM

And just scored again…38-7
Posted By: Eyehi

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 02:14 AM

Wow what an exciting game …… these championship games haven’t been very entertaining lately ….
Posted By: bankrunner

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 02:14 AM

This game is over at halftime.

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 02:15 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: hippie

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 02:15 AM

Sounds like a snoozer, glad the Chilli Bowl started tonight.

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 02:24 AM

Because you're paid whatever someone is willing to pay you, like anything else.

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by warrior
Just looking at the game stats is ugly. Probably a good thing its on ESPN and I can't watch it.

The Dawgs are averaging 6 yards every time they touch the ball.

9.3yds actually

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 02:43 AM

Holy smokes, they punted. Did they have to go find the punter? Lol

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 02:48 AM

Now let me get this right . The mighty big 10 CHAMPIONS couldn’t beat this team ! Lol lol lol lol. !!

Yep another SEC championship what’s that up to now 16 out of 21 years ?

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Now let me get this right . The mighty big 10 CHAMPIONS couldn’t beat this team ! Lol lol lol lol. !!

It ain’t over yet…44-7.
I still think TCU will score a couple more before the night is over.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 03:03 AM

That 13 1/2 points was just a mere morsel ...lol

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 03:06 AM

People who took TCU and the points are probably feeling a bit sick at the moment
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 03:12 AM

No need to watch this....

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 03:27 AM

"Lights Out" TCU & congrats to the Georgia Bulldogs, going to bed. wink

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 03:33 AM

Nope, but the big 10 THIRD PLACE team, or 4th, put up 41 on the mighty Georgia defense and was a missed field goal away from winning. Don't LOLOLOLOL too much, you might hurt yourself. Lolololol

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 03:46 AM

Every team has a bad day every now and then. Ohio State just caught them on a bad day. But, that close call is what caused this tonight. They were determined to show that that wasn’t the true Georgia team.

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 03:48 AM

Money talks , talent walks !
It's no longer a game , it's paid entertainers .

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Ohio Wolverine
Money talks , talent walks !
It's no longer a game , it's paid entertainers .

True

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Ltrman

Nope, but the big 10 THIRD PLACE team, or 4th, put up 41 on the mighty Georgia defense and was a missed field goal away from winning. Don't LOLOLOLOL too much, you might hurt yourself. Lolololol

Ummm, a loss is a loss. Top 3 Big10 teams were 1-2, Penn State saved them at the top. Top 3 SEC teams were 4-0 in the bowls with Georgia's two wins. The bottom of both conferences are mediocre. TCU was HOPING they could hang with Georgia tonight, but the talent disparity was on full display. TCU had a good run, but they played with fire all year and finally got burned tonight. College football is over and that's a sad day.

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Every team has a bad day every now and then. Ohio State just caught them on a bad day. But, that close call is what caused this tonight. They were determined to show that that wasn’t the true Georgia team.

Yeah, worst thing for TCU tonight was what happened with GA last week. Writing was on the wall.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 04:25 AM

College football sucks. TCU made the playoffs fun!

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 04:26 AM

Yeah, worst thing for TCU tonight was what happened with GA last week. Writing was on the wall.

I was going for a “good” game, but like I told a coworker of mine today…it’s gonna be ugly. They’re going to come out to prove last week was a fluke and they did. Even the backups in the 4th quarter were still scoring and getting sacks. I don’t think Kirby cut them any slack during practice after the Ohio game.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 04:32 AM

Guess you called that one wrong, lol.

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 04:34 AM

Part of that was right…they were 13-1 heading into tonight’s game. It was the “not counting them out” part he didn’t get right.

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
No need to watch this....

I couldn't. Turned it off at half time. Turned it back on at the beginning of the 4th, looked at the score, and went and took a bath.

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 04:36 AM

Part of that was right…they were 13-1 heading into tonight’s game. It was the “not counting them out” part he didn’t get right.

I was referring more to the "should be a great game" part, lol.

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Ltrman

All that and still couldn’t beat Ga!!!!
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 05:05 AM

The transfer portals in modern day college sports makes the professional free agency system minor.
Who knows the financial or perks that come with those deals. I guess it does help those young athletes prepare more for the business aspect of pro sports which means it is an "educational" experience.

Bryce
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 05:11 AM

Wow, after this score TCU shouldn’t even be ranked in the top 10.

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 10:26 AM

Losing by 58 points in the National Championship Game might be a record that would last for many years. I went to bed at halftime, did Georgia play everyone that had a uniform on in the 4th quarter?

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Guess you called that one wrong, lol.

Well I did say "should" Lol, still can't believe TCU got dominated like that.. A really impressive win by Georgia.

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 12:50 PM

The worst part of the game was listening to Pat McAfee all night. Man he has a big mouth.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 01:02 PM

I watched for a few minutes, I thought the play by play guys were drunk.

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 06:39 PM

The commentators for the game I watched (ESPN) were Chris Fowler (play-by-play), Kirk Herbstreit (analyst). I thought they did an excellent job.

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 08:01 PM

https://www.facebook.com/reel/868230614475833?mibextid=9drbnH&s=yWDuG2&fs=e

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
Losing by 58 points in the National Championship Game might be a record that would last for many years. I went to bed at halftime, did Georgia play everyone that had a uniform on in the 4th quarter?

Pretty much. They pulled starters with over 13 minutes left to play, and went to basically running only, and TCU still couldn't stop them. It was a bloodbath. TCU was a smoke and mirrors 13-1 going in to that, and got exposed on national TV.
Posted By: bass10

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
I watched for a few minutes, I thought the play by play guys were drunk.

They were left speechless on many occasions. How in the world do you commentate that game. What could you possibly say?
Posted By: Cedar Hacker

Re: Georgia should win - 01/10/23 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion

Pretty much. They pulled starters with over 13 minutes left to play, and went to basically running only, and TCU still couldn't stop them. It was a bloodbath. TCU was a smoke and mirrors 13-1 going in to that, and got exposed on national TV.

TCU had a good football team but they were not ready to play on the stage they were on. They never could shake the nerves. Same with the coaches as they are just not used to being in a game like they were in.

My late friend played for TCU and in a 1943 game he was only in for 3 plays and scored a running touchdown, then passed for a touchdown, and again a running touchdown. People asked why they didn't play Beecher more and the answer was they only needed him when they needed to make a touchdown.

Boy they could have used him in this game.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Georgia should win - 01/11/23 01:24 AM

Sorriest championship game ever but anyone that pay's attention could see this coming. Need to keep those highschool teams in their own league, no need putting them out there with the brutes of the SEC, just glad the QB survived.

Soon as Mich. lost i knew then Ga. had won another national championship.

Ya'll watch out for LSU next year!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums