Home

A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered

Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 01:23 AM

According to the New York Post, the Biden Administration is considering this ban due to indoor pollution reasons emitting harmful emissions to the people in buildings. Senator Cory Booker is one of the politicians pushing for this ban. Can anybody think of any additional things the crazy wokers will want to ban with their fanatical disease.
Posted By: JBR

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 01:25 AM

So now we have to use more electricity instead.
Posted By: 160user

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by JBR

Any guesses who is getting kickbacks from the electric companies? Asking for a friend.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 01:29 AM

Un freakin' real
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 01:34 AM

LOL More home fires and deaths are caused by electric heaters than other sources ! Some by poor fuel choices , but natural gas is the cleanest burning of the fuel sources.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ohio Wolverine
LOL More home fires and deaths are caused by electric heaters than other sources ! Some by poor fuel choices , but natural gas is the cleanest burning of the fuel sources.

They aren't concerned with fires.

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

They aren't concerned with fires.

Or deaths , as long as they push their agenda .
Posted By: Catch22

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 02:01 AM

The only way they'll get my gas stove is to pry it from my cold dead hands. grin
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Catch22
The only way they'll get my gas stove is to pry it from my cold dead hands. grin

X2
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 02:03 AM

Catch 22. X3
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 02:09 AM

So the next power outage they can stack the bodies higher and higher.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 02:15 AM

The gas can be shut off by turning a valve. It goes through pipe lines.

https://nypost.com/2023/01/09/biden-administration-reportedly-weighing-national-ban-on-gas-stoves/

If they shut off gas stoves what about furnaces? How will they know who is cooking with wood?

Its a crazy idea I doubt goes anywhere.

Are they going to ban trees?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 02:27 AM

[Linked Image]

Its pretty comfy where I am sitting and I converted my cooking stove to propane a while back
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 02:35 AM

They want more fires to prepare them fore there future.
Posted By: Marty

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 02:35 AM

Think good thoughts, it will all be ok. Vote good people in locally.
Posted By: Posco

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
Think good thoughts, it will all be ok. Vote good people in locally.

On a happier note, House speaker McCarthy said his first order of business in the new Congress is to remove funding for Biden's new IRS agents. Take any victory we can get.

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 03:06 AM

If it happens

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 03:13 AM

Big R was going to take suppressers off the NFA list 6 years ago.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 03:19 AM

Lets not be stupid. There are three posts on this on here right now. There is no way in the world they will ever ban gas stoves. The question is, what are they really up to while everyone is looking at this red herring?

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 03:21 AM

They are going to ban fossil fuel vehicles. Stoves are easier to ban
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 03:24 AM

Just found this.

https://frontier.yahoo.com/news/fed...-them-to-childhood-asthma-213057325.html

Chris

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 03:26 AM

It is for the children

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Hodagtrapper

Pure CNN news !

COMMUNIST NATIONAL NETWORK !

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 04:01 AM

They are going to ban fossil fuel vehicles. Stoves are easier to ban

No, they are not.

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 04:04 AM

Those kind of health risk are probably only encountered in Caliwokistan though.

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Lets not be stupid. There are three posts on this on here right now. There is no way in the world they will ever ban gas stoves. The question is, what are they really up to while everyone is looking at this red herring?

As per the article, the alternative is to impose emission standards. Guess who will end up ultimately paying for that in addition to the already high fuel prices we pay.

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 04:11 AM

EU Approves Ban on Sales of Fossil Fuel Cars by 2035 by Martina Igini Europe Oct 31st 2022 2 mins The European Parliament and Council reached an agreement that effectively bans all sales of fossil fuel cars and vans by 2035, the bloc’s latest step towards zero emissions.

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 04:12 AM

California will formalize its plan to ban the sale of gasoline-powered cars by 2035 on Thursday, setting a strict timeline for automakers to transition to electric vehicles and dramatically shifting the national landscape for new car sales.

The state’s Air Resources Board is set to embrace new regulations at a meeting this week, setting deadlines that would require 35% of new car sales be zero-emissions vehicles by 2026. That figure would rise quickly, to 51% in 2028, 82% in 2032 and then 100% by 2035.

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 04:16 AM

The UK has plans in place to ban sales of new fossil-fuelled vehicles by 2040. But there is a growing call for that to be brought forward. The Department for Transport is “actively considering” shifting the deadline to 2030, according to The Times newspaper.

In October, more than 60% of new cars sold in Norway were electric. The country has an ambitious deadline of 2025 as the point at which new cars must be new-energy vehicles.
Posted By: Yukon John

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
According to the New York Post, the Biden Administration is considering this ban due to indoor pollution reasons emitting harmful emissions to the people in buildings. Senator Cory Booker is one of the politicians pushing for this ban. Can anybody think of any additional things the crazy wokers will want to ban with their fanatical disease.

Wood stoves/fireplaces.

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 04:17 AM

Plenty more doing the same vehicle ban including china.

As for appliances: 7/22.

ZeroCarbonMA congratulates the Massachusetts State Legislature — especially Senator Mike Barrett and Representative Jeff Roy — for including in its imminent climate bill a provision to allow 10 municipalities to enact so-called “gas bans” prohibiting the installation of new fossil fuel infrastructure in new construction and major renovations.
Posted By: sneaky

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 04:26 AM

No such thing as a zero emission vehicle. They just shift the emissions somewhere else while they virtue signal

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 04:28 AM

Zero emission? Electricity production requires emission. To produce windmills and Solar panels. Is that bicycles? I doubt it. have to pollute in order to make steel and rubber. Cant be your feet either unless your barefoot and naked. I guess we are going to have live naked in caves again eating wild vegetation and raw meat

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 04:35 AM

No way, they're gonna ban meat too. We're gonna eat dirt and have to like it!

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 04:49 AM

They plan to ban livestock.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 05:05 AM

There used to be a common expression in the '60's, "Stop the world, I wanna get off"!
Posted By: Jingles

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 06:18 AM

What they need to ban is idiots from serving in Congress but that won't happen because they have more idiots electing them

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 06:23 AM

California will formalize its plan to ban the sale of gasoline-powered cars by 2035 on Thursday, setting a strict timeline for automakers to transition to electric vehicles and dramatically shifting the national landscape for new car sales.

The state’s Air Resources Board is set to embrace new regulations at a meeting this week, setting deadlines that would require 35% of new car sales be zero-emissions vehicles by 2026. That figure would rise quickly, to 51% in 2028, 82% in 2032 and then 100% by 2035.

The lib-ards of WA already implemented this but in 2025

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 06:24 AM

Double post

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by BigBob
There used to be a common expression in the '60's, "Stop the world, I wanna get off"!

Or if you're a trekke "Beam me up Scotty no intelligent life down here"

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 08:07 AM

You wasted a lot of time googling stuff Marty. I still don't believe it will happen. There's too much money in big oil. I believe there are idiots that want it to happen but I'm not convinced they are going to get it done, not even a little.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 09:40 AM

I’d like to see a nationwide ban on knuckleheads that dream up this crap.
Posted By: womper

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 10:35 AM

"These emissions can create a cumulative burden to households that are already more likely to face higher exposure to both indoor and outdoor air pollution. Statistics show that Black, Latino, and low-income households are more likely to experience disproportionate air pollution, either from being more likely to be located near a waste incinerator or coal ash site, or living in smaller homes with poor ventilation, malfunctioning appliances, mold, dust mites, secondhand smoke, lead dust, pests, and other maintenance deficiencies,” the letter stated."

that is from the article

so is it the gas stoves or the waste incinerators and coal ash sites that are the problem
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 11:36 AM

You wasted a lot of time googling stuff Marty. I still don't believe it will happen. There's too much money in big oil. I believe there are idiots that want it to happen but I'm not convinced they are going to get it done, not even a little.

Yep, I'm betting twelve years from now nobody will be talking about this over-hyped bit of political theater. Or maybe they'll be talking about reaching "zero emissions" in another 10-12 years just to keep some folks all worked up.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 12:18 PM

I wonder how they're going to replace the loss of tax money made from gasoline sales for vehicles?
I see more people every day riding scooters instead of driving cars. Just look at how many scooters are on the streets of Japan.
Posted By: Squash

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 12:27 PM

But I’ll bet high end restaurants like the French Laundry, will be exempt ?
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 01:19 PM

We are remodeling our kitchen and have a gas cooktop coming, electric burners suck.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 01:26 PM

Yes they do.
Posted By: AZ2020

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 02:11 PM

If i recall a conversation with a gas employee correctly the natural gas grid has a greater resiliency then the electric grid. If the power was lost the natural gas grid could still function weeks after.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 02:15 PM

Wheres Hank Hill when ya need em ?? laugh

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 04:43 PM

A whole bunch of folks though that the redwave of 22 would save us also. I cannot foresee the future but those laws were passed already. Hard for me to believe in 'it will never happen' when I look around at what IS happening.

As far as wasting time goes I do not think it is a waste of time to find out what laws have passed. I think we will see the green new deal...things are moving fast.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 04:49 PM

It's cleaner when you consider the pollution caused to make batteries to store solar energy and way more efficient.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by JBR

Any guesses who is getting kickbacks from the electric companies? Asking for a friend.

I believe it is the IBEW who gives money to Democrats and then the Democrats create jobs for the IBEW members.

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 05:10 PM

I remember when the banned all our 20 lb propane tanks. I guess millions were dying every year from 20 lb propane tanks with the old valves.

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 05:13 PM

I believe it is the IBEW who gives money to Democrats and then the Democrats create jobs for the IBEW members.

that may have been sarcasm but the fact that politicians are even talking about this craziness is not good

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 05:15 PM

research green new deal...and remember that rigged elections have consequences.

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 05:17 PM

I think banning natural gas for cooking would have to much blow back

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

that may have been sarcasm but the fact that politicians are even talking about this craziness is not good

The fact is this is how your government operates. I didn't say it was good.

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 07:08 PM

I just heard on a news report that 35% of the people in the U.S. use gas stoves. They are disguising this proposal as an indoor health issue but it looks like another wacko measure to switch to all electricity.
Posted By: hippie

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 07:24 PM

Electric we don't have.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 07:40 PM

The bottom line for this is all about control. The left wants to control you as much as they can.
Gun control was just the first step. Apparently, this administration feels they can override the constitution and SCOTUS.
Posted By: uglyduck

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 09:18 PM

I somewhat remember seeing geeks on TV trying to prove this. I think they were running this test with out a range hood ventilation system .so I think their test is BS I did residential HVAC roughs every house got range ventilation I’m sure there are homes that are not vented and people have made thru just fine .the only time this becomes a problem is if you try to heat a house with a kitchen stove

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 09:29 PM

.the only time this becomes a problem is if you try to heat a house with a kitchen stove

Nonsense. I heated my house for four days with the kitchen stove. If the flame is blue your fine. My house is old and plenty drafty enough as is but if yours is pretty tight open the kitchen window an inch or so. glance at the flames time to time. if they starting getting more orange open the window further

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 10:01 PM

How efficient is it to heat a home or food using electric generation that produces 60 percent waste heat that heats the atmosphere or a river?

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/10/23 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
The bottom line for this is all about control. The left wants to control you as much as they can.
Gun control was just the first step. Apparently, this administration feels they can override the constitution and SCOTUS.

Nailed it.

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/11/23 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
[quote]

Sarcasm about the IBEW funding the Dems? That isn't sarcasm, that's fact. Unions are huge supporters of the democratic party. The rank and file members may not be, but those union dues are going to lobbyists in the pocket of the dems.

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/11/23 02:57 AM

They would have to exempt every restaurant in the country, because commercial kitchens aren't going to go electric. Gas is THE cooking method in commercial kitchens.
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/11/23 03:23 AM

They are back pedaling already.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: A nationwide ban on gas stoves is being considered - 01/12/23 04:08 AM

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Trapperman Forums