Home

Got robbed last night.

Posted By: trapperkeck

Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 01:05 AM

Well, somehow either the wife or I must have bumped the garage door opener in the house on our detached garage so the door was open half the night. At about midnight thirty, my neighbor calls and says there is someone in my garage. He has a camera pointed at our garage in a shared driveway. Anyway, this schmo is hauling my DeWalt 12" Miter saw out the door. Well, the neighbor is a great guy and very similar to superman. By the time I found some panties and a t-shirt he had caught up with the suspect and my saw. He approached the the fella, a 6'2", 240# bearded white guy and got him to drop the saw and run. Apparently, by the time his camera picked the guy up, he had already made off with a sawsall a couple of drills and a brad nailer and the saw was his third trip. Not sure where the rest ofy tools are now, but the perp tried to get a neighbor to let him in their house to escape. They did not let him in. Spoke with the folks there and they knew the guy. They gave us the perp's name and I am suspicious my other tools might be at that house. I think they played dumb because they knew their buddy was being followed. Anyway, cops are coming over this evening to pick up video evidence and get a statement from me. Wish me luck!
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 01:09 AM

Good luck to you ,and nothing but pain, misery and hardship to the scumbag! mad
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 01:12 AM

X2
Posted By: marathonman

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 01:14 AM

Good luck get em!
Posted By: AJE

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 01:14 AM

Even with all these cameras nowadays some goofballs sure are daring
Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 01:15 AM

Good luck, I hope you get your stuff back.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 01:19 AM

thievery used to be punished adequately.

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
thievery used to be punished adequately.

Probly a good thing the neighbor caught up with him. I had a gun when I left the house. He did not. I was tired and ticked, would not have ended well.
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 01:24 AM

Good luck back in November I had it happen to my house back to back nights, I wasn’t home either night, the first night they broke the door down, the second night they ruined 9 windows trying to get in until one finally broke, between tools, items minimal, windows, and the door it totaled 25000, and the deputy said everything is probably gone and if we probably wouldn’t want them back, and that was the next day.
Posted By: Tray

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 01:29 AM

Are you sure you the garage door was left open? It’s become common for thieves to just pry up garage doors to open them.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 01:31 AM

So much for Minnesota nice. Around here the neighbors probably would have closed the door but only after putting some fresh caught fish in the fridge for you.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 01:33 AM

That truly sucks. Hope you get your stuff back.
Posted By: keets

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 01:36 AM

time to move

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Tray
Are you sure you the garage door was left open? It’s become common for thieves to just pry up garage doors to open them.

Yep, neighbor's camera footage shows the door go up about 6 PM. I'm sure I moved the opener remote and accidentally hit the button. I guess, that means open season on anything in the garage.. crazy
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 01:51 AM

TK,
Keep them panties on at ALL times!

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
TK,
Keep them panties on at ALL times!

Pfft. You're no fun!
Posted By: steeltraps

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 02:20 AM

At least they didnt steal your virtue! LoL!
Posted By: waggler

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 02:24 AM

I can think of other uses for a gunny sack full of rocks and some snare wire in situations like this other than beaver trapping.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 02:31 AM

I thought you were supposed to run out wearing nothing but your birthday suit and carrying the shotgun that way if the cops show up they know who the home owner is

now if you were really thinking ahead I suppose a plate carrier with holster extra ammo and a drape to cover the jewels
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
I thought you were supposed to run out wearing nothing but your birthday suit and carrying the shotgun that way if the cops show up they know who the home owner is

now if you were really thinking ahead I suppose a plate carrier with holster extra ammo and a drape to cover the jewels

Just boots and a cowboy is all need. Showes them u mean business
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 03:05 AM

I agree with the post above. Nobody wants to fight a naked man.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by keets
time to move

Negative.
Time to address the situation the way it should be done.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 03:42 AM

Really Sucks
Posted By: 160user

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 03:42 AM

Knock on wood, I have never been robbed at my home. I am a little "over the top" with cameras and "countermeasures." If someone decided to do something dumb, 8 am would be far better than 8 pm. By 8 pm, I am normally full of "nasty juice" and would ask questions later.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 03:51 AM

time to move

My first thought. Couldn't even imagine living somewhere you have to lock your garage up.
Posted By: patfundine

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 04:07 AM

We had some knuckle heads in our yard last Thursday night. Lucky for them I didn't know till a day later. I did the right thing and reported it Saturday morning. It took till tonight (Tuesday) For the the local cop to call me back to take the report. So three and a half days is the response time of the cops in a town of 400 people, and I'm 2 blocks from the police station.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 11:34 AM

hopefully you get your stuff back
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 11:41 AM

Doubt if the cops will do anything about it but hopefully they will follow up.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
time to move

My first thought. Couldn't even imagine living somewhere you have to lock your garage up.

Don't think it can't happen to you. Thieves are always looking for an opportunity. Leaving your garage unlocked, no matter where you live, is not a good idea.
Posted By: Eagleye

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 11:59 AM

My guess is the perpetrator was a hard-working carpenter working (2) jobs to live the American Dream and had plans of returning the tools upon achieving those dreams... or just needed Crack.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 01:42 PM

I live in a very rural area where about the only thing to happen is having someone leave you zucchini in your unlocked vehicle. But last winter we had an incident where two people drove around the country roads scoping out places. They would pull in and knock on the door. If someone answered they would act lost and ask for directions. If no answer they would walk in and help themselves. Thanks to some nosy neighbors they got caught.
Posted By: micheal

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 01:52 PM

Good luck
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Eagleye
My guess is the perpetrator was a hard-working carpenter working (2) jobs to live the American Dream and had plans of returning the tools upon achieving those dreams... or just needed Crack.

wink grin
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 02:17 PM

Even if you don’t have an alarm system you can buy do it yourself cameras. Wyze is a good brand with a good app as well. While it won’t dial police like our Vivint alarm system will, it will notify you if anyone is in your yard. Plus it gives you the evidence you need to justify your actions if you happen to catch them in the act. They are very cheap “protection” for your property.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 02:19 PM

finding a place where you won't get robbed is hard , I am about an hour from Madison and yet we frequently have people from Madison come out and go through cars in town.

people who lived in a small town their whole lives never bothered to lock their cars

Thieves know this and travel to spend a night going through cars

occasionally we hear about a garage also , but that is a less common.

the last big issue county wide was actually a local kid in Monroe , kid 15-16 of a long time teacher they traced him to more than a month worth of cars , garage , house and small business thefts.
kid had no reason to steal lived in a nice house with his parents

so I am not sure any where is safe from robbery , you could shoot them and string up the corpses from your fence but you would literally be shooting the neighbors kid who if they hadn't been investigating for a couple months no one would have believed it wasn't his first
Posted By: TRADER TUT

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/25/23 02:22 PM

Not many diff G door flobs. "CHIPS". Drop a tire iron or large pin through the door track. Follow up with Lead. The word would spread.............. Works on trapline thieves......... YES. Tut
Posted By: Tommyran

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/29/23 12:53 AM

That's why I bought a shotgun for home protection. Hopefully I'll never have to use it.

Reminder: "When seconds count, the police are minutes away".
Posted By: randall brannon

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/29/23 01:05 AM

In Florida when they catch them robbing a home they feed them to the Gators. Maybe we should start trapping Gators and moving them to other parts of America!!!

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/29/23 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by randall brannon
In Florida when they catch them robbing a home they feed them to the Gators. Maybe we should start trapping Gators and moving them to other parts of America!!!

We have Beechnut and 45's here. This moron's days are numbered. Eye witness, video footage and and confirmed identity of perp. He'll turn up soon enough.
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Got robbed last night. - 01/29/23 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
time to move

You've been lucky so far.
Welcome to the new world order. Biden style!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums