Home

Remember what I said about US

Posted By: Wolfdog91

Remember what I said about US - 01/31/23 12:26 AM

War equipment and it's need to have good logistics and forward repair teams ? Eveyone loves the hard factors but it's the soft factors that bites you in the butt
[Linked Image]
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Remember what I said about US - 01/31/23 12:34 AM

It does seem pretty simplistic to just send them stuff and figure all is going to go well. I'm sure most people never think about the details.
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Remember what I said about US - 01/31/23 01:07 AM

Send over AOC, waters, pelosi,the somali,they are rocket scientists. I'm sure they can fix anything!
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Remember what I said about US - 01/31/23 01:54 AM

Typical liberal thought process. Never had to think anything clear through to the end.
Posted By: Shakeyjake

Re: Remember what I said about US - 01/31/23 12:43 PM

And tanks? Aren’t these beasts very high maintenance? Those M1s have a friggin jet engine.
We’re sending 4 Leopards out of our 112 and I wonder how many are operational out of that 112? Leaves us with 6 for our own forces to train with?
Posted By: ZUTER

Re: Remember what I said about US - 01/31/23 12:51 PM

Good find, logistics are important.

Why is the grass green in January?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Remember what I said about US - 01/31/23 12:56 PM

How many is China parting with?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jalstat

Re: Remember what I said about US - 01/31/23 01:25 PM

That’s what Biden doesn’t get with his stupid F15 comments if the support walks away you’re done
Posted By: warrior

Re: Remember what I said about US - 01/31/23 01:34 PM

Makes one wonder with the current administration and the wokeness coming out of the five sided nuthouse whether we even have working tanks to be giving away.

I remember the worn out stuff I trained on that was the result of Carter.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Remember what I said about US - 01/31/23 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by jalstat
That’s what Biden doesn’t get with his stupid F15 comments if the support walks away you’re done

Won't be much of a problem once they move to mostly drowns and automated killing machines. . Infact machines will be fixing machines. The tec is there.

Re: Remember what I said about US - 01/31/23 02:38 PM

The turbine engine runs on JP-8 aka jet fuel which is basically kerosene. They can run on just about anything that'll burn though. Gasoline, diesel, paraffin.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Remember what I said about US - 01/31/23 02:42 PM

Good find, logistics are important.

Why is the grass green in January?

Stock photos. Corporate media does it all the time. Getty probably now has "artillery shooting in Ukraine" photos in their lists to select from...
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: Remember what I said about US - 01/31/23 02:55 PM

Hunter should be able to assist, I’m sure he is well versed in Ukrainian Artillery repair.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Remember what I said about US - 01/31/23 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by trapdog1
It does seem pretty simplistic to just send them stuff and figure all is going to go well. I'm sure most people never think about the details.

most Politian's never even changed the oil in their car , stuff is stuff , you just allocate more money and buy more.

the devil is always in the details of your maintenance and storage procedures and how well your crew knows the equipment.

someone who knows every nut and bolt, component and torque spec , how they all fit and operate together will be able to keep something running longer , they also need to know the use side.

your driver/operator and mechanic need to cross train

Re: Remember what I said about US - 01/31/23 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Shakeyjake
And tanks? Aren’t these beasts very high maintenance? Those M1s have a friggin jet engine.
We’re sending 4 Leopards out of our 112 and I wonder how many are operational out of that 112? Leaves us with 6 for our own forces to train with?

In a desert environment their a beast to take care of. In Cali, Texas and Kuwait we where pulling pack pretty regularly ( weekly wasn't uncommon at all) to get to certain problems . If your gonna have Abrams you BETTER have a good contact and recovery team for extended missions. Bradley are almost as bad
[Linked Image]

Re: Remember what I said about US - 01/31/23 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
Originally Posted by trapdog1

most Politian's never even changed the oil in their car , stuff is stuff , you just allocate more money and buy more.

the devil is always in the details of your maintenance and storage procedures and how well your crew knows the equipment.

someone who knows every nut and bolt, component and torque spec , how they all fit and operate together will be able to keep something running longer , they also need to know the use side.

your driver/operator and mechanic need to cross train

Yeah but their only so much they can do ( level 10) there alot that goes wrong on alot of equipment that's level 20 and up and requires support assets who have the special tools and know-how.
Remember having dead linking a mortar track one time. Told the LT it was dead lined and what for and he stared going into his guys. I basically told him he didn't know what he was talking about but you had to have my MOS to have the training to know what was going on and how to fix it. He wasn't very happy had to get my E-7 who basically told him the same in much much more color language before flipping him the bird and walking off.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Remember what I said about US - 01/31/23 04:47 PM

Wars are won/lost by logistics.

Without parts, fuel, food, medical supplies, and training it's just a matter of time.

Mike

Re: Remember what I said about US - 01/31/23 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Originally Posted by Shakeyjake

In a desert environment their a beast to take care of. In Cali, Texas and Kuwait we where pulling pack pretty regularly ( weekly wasn't uncommon at all) to get to certain problems . If your gonna have Abrams you BETTER have a good contact and recovery team for extended missions. Bradley are almost as bad
[Linked Image]

While I wasn't a mechanic I do think they fared better in Europe, no sand getting into everything. I don't recall 2ACR having serious maintenance issues but then again their's were basically brand new and first in line for maintenance or upgrade as that border had to be patrolled. And if they weren't patrolling they were training. Each troop was constantly rotating on the border, maintenance, training. One troop was locked and loaded on the border at all times.
We got to tag along as their engineer support, mostly in the training but we did a few trips inside the 1k line.
Posted By: Ridge Runner1960

Re: Remember what I said about US - 01/31/23 05:06 PM

May I ask what happened to the tanks we sent them last year? we are supposed to send them 31 units, but it will be next year because we don't have them!
Posted By: TraderVic

Re: Remember what I said about US - 01/31/23 05:13 PM

Most military equipment, weapons are no exception, require logistical and material (parts) support. Just like a lot of other "stuff" ; for example, farm machinery doesn't break down until you use it...
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Remember what I said about US - 01/31/23 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by mike mason
Send over AOC, waters, pelosi,the somali,they are rocket scientists. I'm sure they can fix anything!

Not enough help! Please send both houses, that will fix the problem, there and here!
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Remember what I said about US - 01/31/23 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91

Yeah but their only so much they can do ( level 10) there alot that goes wrong on alot of equipment that's level 20 and up and requires support assets who have the special tools and know-how.
Remember having dead linking a mortar track one time. Told the LT it was dead lined and what for and he stared going into his guys. I basically told him he didn't know what he was talking about but you had to have my MOS to have the training to know what was going on and how to fix it. He wasn't very happy had to get my E-7 who basically told him the same in much much more color language before flipping him the bird and walking off.

you can cross train them so that they know how to inform the mechanic of what is wrong
if you run into a lack of equipment , tools or specific knowledge you can at least know when you have to escalate.

training my equipment users of what signs to watch for and maintenance to run , stuff we can document well and they can easily send us the reports when there is something in question

some users don't even have the vocabulary report the issue , I hate conversations like this

user : it broke !
Support: what is broke ?
for sake of less typing repeat that 3-4 times
support : ok , what exactly can you not do that you would normally do?
User: an explanation of a routine task
Support: asks questions to determine what piece of equipment they are using to complete these tasks.
Support: then starts stepping through the exact procedure they use with them to deturmine at what point the error happens

VS a call where the equipment operator is able to communicate to their issue and provide relative information

User : I am getting an Error E64 when performing the xyz operation with the abc product rev 4 , here are my base line reports for the last 3 days while it was functioning .

If the issue is exactly the same who do you think gets a working system back first the one where your pulling teeth to get a strait description of the Issue or the one who can only say it's broke and you have to start testing everything to see what they might be talking about.

they say your doctor bases what your diagnosis is largely from what you say in the first 2-3 minutes in the office , may confirm it with a test or two then prescribe a treatment.
you get better care if you can accurately describe the issue with out confusing it with other things.

same goes for talking to your mechanic , tech , support
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Remember what I said about US - 01/31/23 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Originally Posted by jalstat

Won't be much of a problem once they move to mostly drowns and automated killing machines. . Infact machines will be fixing machines. The tec is there.

They said the same thing at the cookie factory when installing robots. Maintenance was hiring when I left. If it isn't something that is a repetitive action it is done by humans.
Posted By: Ken Smith

Re: Remember what I said about US - 02/01/23 12:28 PM

I've seen multimillion dollar state of the art welding machines make mistakes 10-20% of the time on a good day. Then we have to go behind and fix all of it for the product to be up to specs.

I've heard that the tech could be there but the truth is people program them, but that is only part of the error.

I don't believe a failed world economy will actually be able to use automation against everyone on the planet, nor do I believe that we will every reach 100% sustainability inna failed economy. I think the actual goal of these threats is the fear from them and the destruction of the economies that try to implement them.

I agree with Lee, send both parties
© 2024 Trapperman Forums