Home

Debt ceiling.

Posted By: Guss

Debt ceiling. - 02/08/23 02:25 AM

I hope McCarthy stick to his guns and don't back down. Only time will tell,and beside if the US defaults what's the big deal.
Posted By: Chancey

Re: Debt ceiling. - 02/08/23 04:39 AM

He won't. He is as bad as Schumer, just a wolf in sheep's clothing IMO. He will talk a big talk, but at the end of the day he will vote with the likes of Cornyn, Graham, and McConnell.

Not really a big deal. Our children's children's children can deal with it. Oh wait, heck they can't even hardly own a home these days! The sooner this evil fiat currency system fails, the better all of mankind will be.
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: Debt ceiling. - 02/08/23 06:12 AM

I'd make them scream then cry. Cancel funding for the new IRS gustopo squad. Finish the wall. do away with all the BS they've done to big oil. Leave 2A alone. Then we would be getting close to a deal. Then go after the BATF, the EPA and CDC. Oh and Fauci would be served up on a silver platter as a snack.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Debt ceiling. - 02/08/23 11:02 AM

The US gubmint don't have to answer to anyone....except China maybe.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Debt ceiling. - 02/08/23 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by turkn8rtrapper
I'd make them scream then cry. Cancel funding for the new IRS gustopo squad. Finish the wall. do away with all the BS they've done to big oil. Leave 2A alone. Then we would be getting close to a deal. Then go after the BATF, the EPA and CDC. Oh and Fauci would be served up on a silver platter as a snack.

You forgot the department of education. That stupidity needs eliminated entirely.
Posted By: Osky

Re: Debt ceiling. - 02/08/23 11:59 AM

Ceiling, what “ceiling”?

Something like that is for common people, serfs, legitimate endeavors.

Osky
Posted By: Guss

Re: Debt ceiling. - 02/08/23 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Osky
Ceiling, what “ceiling”?

Something like that is for common people, serfs, legitimate endeavors.

Osky

Your right they passed the ceiling along time ago.
Posted By: white17

Re: Debt ceiling. - 02/08/23 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Guss
I hope McCarthy stick to his guns and don't back down. Only time will tell,and beside if the US defaults what's the big deal.

I hope McCarthy is smart enough to realize that if he is unwilling to compromise, he will lose. That will split the GOP in the house and allow the Dems to push through their own compromise, which certainly won't be beneficial to anyone but the DNC.

What's the big deal ? How about higher interest rates, higher prices, interruptions in govt. services ( that might be desirable temporarily), market sell off, a run on money markets, gold sell off, possible credit downgrade.

It is in fact a big deal.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Debt ceiling. - 02/08/23 09:41 PM

Last time the Govt shutdown I got into a National Park for FREE because no one was working the gate, that was literally the only effect.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Debt ceiling. - 02/09/23 12:12 AM

Both sides want to spend money they just differ on what they spend it on. 31 trillion in debt, just make the ceiling 100 trillion then you don't have to put on a fake show every year about it.

Country is gone anyway so doesn't matter anymore what they do or don't do.

Im just wondering who will win the next rigged election to take us on further down the rabbit hole.
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: Debt ceiling. - 02/09/23 12:13 AM

Debt ceiling means, come to an agreement on which ear marks. And how much can be spent on each.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums