Home

Alaska Wolf Trapping Episode 1-4

Posted By: EnigmaticGwichin

Alaska Wolf Trapping Episode 1-4 - 02/09/23 07:38 AM

Hi guys had a couple people ask me to make a thread with all of this seasons videos so far. Thanks everybody y’all are a great community to be a part of.

Re: Alaska Wolf Trapping Episode 1-4 - 02/09/23 07:40 AM

Re: Alaska Wolf Trapping Episode 1-4 - 02/09/23 07:41 AM

Re: Alaska Wolf Trapping Episode 1-4 - 02/09/23 07:42 AM

Re: Alaska Wolf Trapping Episode 1-4 - 02/09/23 07:43 AM

Sneak peak of the next video in a few days
[video:youtube]https://youtube.com/shorts/0y2O0y-CHa8?feature=share[/video]
Posted By: Shakeyjake

Re: Alaska Wolf Trapping Episode 1-4 - 02/09/23 01:14 PM

The long spring vs coils is interesting. I’ve got 2 ram snares on my trail going into a bait station but I think I’m gonna pull them. Pain in the arse moving them and resetting and running out of willows for guides. It’s in a willowy swampy chunk of bush. I think they’re just too visible. On cam, a wolf walked right up to it and turned around. Got a fox in it though… Upside down wolf ram has been my only catch on a set of tracks they used on more than one occasion.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Alaska Wolf Trapping Episode 1-4 - 02/09/23 01:16 PM

Just roll them over and rub his belly laugh

Attached picture Screenshot_20230205-095321.png
Posted By: snowy

Re: Alaska Wolf Trapping Episode 1-4 - 02/09/23 01:51 PM

EnigmaticGwichin >>>> Outstanding videos!! Very well done and have totally enjoyed the trip with you so far. Your narrative and visuals are awesome and so well done for being in the extremes.

Thank You Sir.
Posted By: Elkguy

Re: Alaska Wolf Trapping Episode 1-4 - 02/09/23 03:10 PM

^^^ What he said!!
Posted By: broncoformudv

Re: Alaska Wolf Trapping Episode 1-4 - 02/09/23 03:59 PM

Good to see you posting over here!

Re: Alaska Wolf Trapping Episode 1-4 - 02/09/23 11:38 PM

Thanks! We sure love the country up here. The freedom is actually addicting. I’m getting excited to film geese and duck hunting this spring, fishing in the summer, bear, moose, caribou, and cabin building this year. Definitely going to be a busy year. I’ll be sure to get a bunch of film to share with y’all
Posted By: snowy

Re: Alaska Wolf Trapping Episode 1-4 - 02/10/23 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by EnigmaticGwichin
Thanks! We sure love the country up here. The freedom is actually addicting. I’m getting excited to film geese and duck hunting this spring, fishing in the summer, bear, moose, caribou, and cabin building this year. Definitely going to be a busy year. I’ll be sure to get a bunch of film to share with y’all

Awesome!!! Can't wait to see your upcoming year.
Posted By: jk

Re: Alaska Wolf Trapping Episode 1-4 - 02/10/23 01:23 AM

So explain you name please. Like your videos and please dont stop......jk
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Alaska Wolf Trapping Episode 1-4 - 02/10/23 01:42 AM

I generally skip over videos here, but dang it man, You rock!! I got cold just watching those! We don’t have any of those critters down here, but after watching I believe I’d at least know how to start after them. Outstanding videos, narratives, and work! Kudos man!!
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Alaska Wolf Trapping Episode 1-4 - 02/10/23 01:49 AM

I enjoy your ride alongs.Thanks.Keep em coming.

Re: Alaska Wolf Trapping Episode 1-4 - 02/10/23 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by jk

There is a narrative that we see from native and non-natives that say what a Gwich’in is, believes, and lives. In this day and age we embrace technology like any tool it can be used for good or bad. Our real way of life has not been portrayed in a way that I would call truthful. We hope the world outside can get a real glimpse of life here. We do live on the edge and do things that may seem extreme, but we all do it with a laugh and with hope for the future. Our land here is anything but sad. It is one of the last free places on earth. We will continue our way of life that has adapted to the changing world. I’m grateful to be able to share with y’all what I can and will do so as long as I can.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Alaska Wolf Trapping Episode 1-4 - 02/10/23 06:33 PM

Keep sharing!
Posted By: white17

Re: Alaska Wolf Trapping Episode 1-4 - 02/10/23 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by EnigmaticGwichin
Originally Posted by jk

There is a narrative that we see from native and non-natives that say what a Gwich’in is, believes, and lives. In this day and age we embrace technology like any tool it can be used for good or bad. Our real way of life has not been portrayed in a way that I would call truthful. We hope the world outside can get a real glimpse of life here. We do live on the edge and do things that may seem extreme, but we all do it with a laugh and with hope for the future. Our land here is anything but sad. It is one of the last free places on earth. We will continue our way of life that has adapted to the changing world. I’m grateful to be able to share with y’all what I can and will do so as long as I can.

Many years ago I read Hunters of the Northern Forest. Learned a couple of helpful tips.
Wonder if you've read it and what you thought of it

Re: Alaska Wolf Trapping Episode 1-4 - 02/10/23 07:34 PM

Ah man that book is at the top of a list of Gwich’in Nation area books I want to buy. I just looked it up on eBay and found a couple different books by the same name. Awesome find. Much appreciated. Sometime I end up so busy I forget to continue collecting books from my area. Can’t wait to read and study these books
Posted By: white17

Re: Alaska Wolf Trapping Episode 1-4 - 02/10/23 07:36 PM

Yes his Hunters of the Northern Ice was good too as is Living With Deer
Posted By: Jeremiah Wood

Re: Alaska Wolf Trapping Episode 1-4 - 02/11/23 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by white17

Many years ago I read Hunters of the Northern Forest. Learned a couple of helpful tips.
Wonder if you've read it and what you thought of it

"Hunters of the Northern Forest" might be my favorite book. First read it while in college in Maine and got to dreaming about moving to the Alaska interior. About two decades later I had the chance to spend some time trapping near Chalkyitsik with a friend on his line. Incredible experience, and had me second guessing my career choices a bit :-) Just started re-reading my copy the other night......for probably the fifth time or so.

"Make Prayers to the Raven" is a pretty good Nelson book as well.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums