Home

Welp, here we go!

Posted By: BigBob

Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 04:19 PM

2 and 4 yr college's are starting to offer degrees in how to grow and market dope, calling it a chance to get in on the newest growth industry! sick
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 04:32 PM

Might as well. It will be legal everywhere sooner rather than later.
Posted By: Bob

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 04:37 PM

It’s just another crop. No different than a guy going to ag school to operate a hay farm.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bob
It’s just another crop. No different than a guy going to ag school to operate a hay farm.

Sure, ok
Posted By: DaveP

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 04:45 PM

Shrooms are next, time to get in on the ground floor!!!

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Originally Posted by Bob

Sure, ok

But he is right, 330. Between the medicinal stuff and the growing recreational market, it has the potential to be a big cash crop. And like any other crop, universities and the ag industry are going to be in on it.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 05:02 PM

One can go to college to learn how to service the drunks in our society.

https://dwb.ca.uky.edu/

Why not the stoners?
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 05:26 PM

My Amish neighbors tried it 3 years ago, Still waiting for their money.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by BigBob
2 and 4 yr college's are starting to offer degrees in how to grow and market dope, calling it a chance to get in on the newest growth industry! sick

Thats funny because it is a weed, It will grow anywhere here without any major help.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 05:49 PM

dumbing down of America..

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Diggerman

Thats funny because it is a weed, It will grow anywhere here without any major help.

Try smoking that ditch weed. It has no value. Just like corn is just a grass if it were left alone.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 06:05 PM

Our Institutes of HIGHER learning will now help America's finest
become the rope smokers, stoners, & plantation owners of the future !!

It's reefer madness.

Pass the Bong, dude !!!!

w
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 06:17 PM

Maybe I should see it it's offered around Gere and if my daughter's credits will transfer. I read about a farm that had the first pot auction in Oregon that made 2 million and they only has 2 acres in production and that was not their entire crop that was sold.

I don't buy into the reffer madness like many on here seem to have. Pot is not for me but I darn sure saw how my mother benefited from editable's when she was on radiation and chemo. I think pot has been demonized by the government for many reasons and that has stoped a lot of R&D about its benefits.

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 06:23 PM

The government brainwashed you if you believe pot is some kind of evil, life ruining drug. It’s legal here, lots of people use it same as they would drink alcohol, and you’d never be able to pick from a crowd who does or doesn’t. It is no different than getting drunk, except you never hear about someone getting stoned and beating their kids and wife.

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 06:25 PM

I’m for legal weed, but I can’t use it either way because I work for DOT and have a cdl so I have to follow federal law.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 06:28 PM

USC at Berkeley was offering a grow class 20 years ago.
Posted By: Kevin Colpetzer

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 06:36 PM

Say yeah, to the hippie hay
Posted By: white17

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 06:36 PM

All you have to do is look at the stock prices of public companies involved in pot production. It's been a losing proposition from the get-go.

Legal pot production is fleeing California because it can't compete with the black market stuff controlled by the cartels.

A degree in growing dope may be just as valuable as one in lesbian dance theory.

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

It was more of an unsanctioned intramural program for us at the University of Oklahoma 30 years ago.

As soon as the last kid in my house bounces, I will fully resume the program.

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Blaine County
Originally Posted by danny clifton

It was more of an unsanctioned intramural program for us at the University of Oklahoma 30 years ago.

I don't have any desire to go down that road again. It mostly just made me dumber, and I do not need any help there.

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by white17
All you have to do is look at the stock prices of public companies involved in pot production. It's been a losing proposition from the get-go.

Legal pot production is fleeing California because it can't compete with the black market stuff controlled by the cartels.

A degree in growing dope may be just as valuable as one in lesbian dance theory.

Some of my law partners and other colleagues represent pot growers. The successful ones are the experienced business men that sell pot like any other widget. They don't really need to know how to grow it. They do need to understand the regulations and how to run a business.

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 06:58 PM

Any degree in this area will be useful in growing many crops and make many advances in hydroponics and different growing systems. It will also increase production of said systems and that will reduce the cost of them for other crop growers.

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by trapdog1

I don't have any desire to go down that road again. It mostly just made me dumber, and I do not need any help there.

I had a different experience--not that it made be smarter. I look back at all of the monumentally stupid decisions I made drunk and compare them to my pot era. No contest. Booze had a much more negative impact on the brain--primarily in/around the moment decision making.

I admittedly knew some stupid stoners. Not sure if it was the pot or if they were just stupid. I have also know plenty of stupid drunks.
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 07:04 PM

It's legal here of all places with a card. However you have to read the small print when you get the card here. Once you get the card you have forfitted your 2A rights and they confiscate your firearms. Additionally it,s harder to get rid of the card than to get the card and I'm not how that works with your 2A rights even if you give up the card. I have seen first hand the bennifits of it when used by cancer patients. It is a blessing to them. I have to pass on the card and recreational use. I think you're right though I can see the volume and low overhead with the black market being much cheaper than government controlled stuff. Maybe the Demorats can try the same thing they're do with bullets and figure out how to put tiny serial numbers on every piece so LO can tell where it came from.

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Any degree in this area will be useful in growing many crops and make many advances in hydroponics and different growing systems. It will also increase production of said systems and that will reduce the cost of them for other crop growers.

True story PF........so why not just take an ag major ? I suspect the pot major involves lots of "applied science" and "lab" classes..

https://www.wsj.com/articles/califo...jd&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 07:21 PM

Some of my law partners and other colleagues represent pot growers. The successful ones are the experienced business men that sell pot like any other widget. They don't really need to know how to grow it. They do need to understand the regulations and how to run a business.

Yep. I imagine the taxation and banking issues increase overhead tremendously compared to the black market stuff

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by turkn8rtrapper
It's legal here of all places with a card. However you have to read the small print when you get the card here. Once you get the card you have forfitted your 2A rights and they confiscate your firearms. Additionally it,s harder to get rid of the card than to get the card and I'm not how that works with your 2A rights even if you give up the card. I have seen first hand the bennifits of it when used by cancer patients. It is a blessing to them. I have to pass on the card and recreational use. I think you're right though I can see the volume and low overhead with the black market being much cheaper than government controlled stuff. Maybe the Demorats can try the same thing they're do with bullets and figure out how to put tiny serial numbers on every piece so LO can tell where it came from.

Here it is regulated about the same as alcohol, maybe a little more heavily. You have to be 21, can’t toke and drive, can’t grow your own unless you I’ve more than 25 miles from a dispensary, can’t have more than an ounce in possession, can’t be in possession of firearms while stoned same as drunk. We don’t have to have a card or special permission, you just go to the pot store and buy it same as going to a liquor store, and we darn sure don’t forfeit 2A rights to use it. They passed a law here recently that an employer cannot fire you for having weed in your system unless your job is safety sensitive. I can’t use it because I work for DOT and hold a cdl so I have to follow federal law over state law.

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 07:43 PM

White Because all the traditional ag school is geared towards large ag. It's the same at a lot of farm conferences. Small scale sustainable farming with local direct marketing it not something that's pushed and infact discouraged with regulations.

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by turkn8rtrapper

So if you get the card the cops come to your house and take your guns?
Posted By: charles

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 10:23 PM

Community college in Asheville has degrees in production of beer. Another college nearby is experimenting with varieties of hops that can be grown here.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 10:32 PM

Legal pot is a losing prospect. Here is why. One. You get your medical weed card. 2 you buy your regulated over priced weed at a head shop. 3. Now you find yourself a good source on the black market for 75 percent less then the legal head shop price. Your legal weed purchase lasts forever. Pretty simple
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/12/23 10:37 PM

I've never used marijuana and have no intention of ever using it, but I looked into growing marijuana and hemp when it became apparent that Ohio was going to start allowing people to do so. We have used CBD oil from hemp and did find it to work for us. Unfortunately, the state has made it prohibitively expensive and overly restrictive to do it, so we won't grow marijuana or hemp.

Keith
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/13/23 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bob
The government brainwashed you if you believe pot is some kind of evil, life ruining drug. It’s legal here, lots of people use it same as they would drink alcohol, and you’d never be able to pick from a crowd who does or doesn’t. It is no different than getting drunk, except you never hear about someone getting stoned and beating their kids and wife.

No, but you hear about them robbing, stealing and killing to pay for their crap all the time! And do we need another class of impaired drivers on our roads? May not be any worse than alcohol, but is it any better?
Posted By: randall brannon

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/13/23 03:26 PM

What next a College Course for CrystalMeth or the Mexican drug that kills people??? They could just call it Street Pharmacueticals!!!
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/13/23 03:55 PM

A couple things to consider.

Medical MJ is grown and processed in highly controlled environments. It's not as simple as growing it at home, or in the local farmers cornfield. Everything from picking seeds, germination, soil content to the clipping and drying of the flower is highly controlled.

Most of, if not all is grown indoors. They are constantly testing each "batch" as it is going through the processes. They are constantly testing terpine, THC, and CBD levels. Medical MJ is generally stronger. This allows you to get the desired result in alleviating the symptom(s) you are experiencing with the least amount of it being consumed. The making of edibles that are consistent is an art and science in and of itself.

Medical MJ is big business. What my wife pays for a 1/4 ounce at the local medical dispensary would buy her a full ounce of the same strain in NY. The problem lies in the fact, that while it is the same strain, it is not at the same level as Medical stuff, and it isn't controlled, or tested as well. In other words.. it just isn't as effective.
Posted By: Muskeg

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/13/23 03:58 PM

Freedom is scary. Get over it

Re: Welp, here we go! - 02/13/23 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bob

No, but you hear about them robbing, stealing and killing to pay for their crap all the time! And do we need another class of impaired drivers on our roads? May not be any worse than alcohol, but is it any better?

It seems you have your street drugs all lumped Into a single category. And a mind set that every user is a methed out thug. It would blow your mind if you knew how many professionals use pot and you never know or hear about it. Pot smokers are most likely to ride the fridge and more interested in a bag of cheetos and sitting at home at home than running the town.

It is obvious your very limited in your understanding and experience.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums