Home

Ukie demo derby with M113...

Posted By: NonPCfed

Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/16/23 12:45 AM

This might be about the only thing that the 1960s/70s vintage American M113 APC is good for over there. I wouldn't want to be riding behind its 2 inches of aluminum armor going up against the Rus but at least the Ukie boys get a little fun out of their ride, especially if the property is owned by civilian rebel orcs...

https://twitter.com/narrative_hole/status/1625478838028214272
Posted By: MJM

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/16/23 01:04 AM

Your tax dollars hard at work saving Ukraine.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/16/23 01:08 AM

Its good to learn a new machines capabilities.
You might need to know if it can climb over some parked cars if you get in a bind.

Sort of like finding out how big of trees you can drive over with the scandik before it flips.

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/16/23 01:24 AM

Its good to learn a new machines capabilities.
You might need to know if it can climb over some parked cars if you get in a bind.

Sort of like finding out how big of trees you can drive over with the scandik before it flips.

As long as you don't screw up the track, but hey, they didn't buy it!!
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/16/23 01:25 AM

113's are support vehicles really. Their great for what their supposed to do but not past that. It alike how people try saying the Bradley isn't a good tanks because modern day tanks can easily defeat it's armor and it can't kill tanks with it's mail weapon....like yeah, their not ment to got up against tanks or anti tank weapons. Their a IFV .
113's are good for light support and doing things trucks can't really do. So mobile TOCS , ambulances , LIGHT infantry support platforms and troop transportation. They do however shine for combat roles like mobile motor systems. Their not a tank and anyone trying to use them like a tank without some upgrades needs friggen help.
They are however easy to fix and their one of the most durable vehicles we have , and we have plenty of them some I doubt the ones we btw are hiring anything at all past transportation costs.
Really with they would make one into a contact truck deal deal with a little crane. One rigged up like a baby 88 would be amazing!
Posted By: Marty

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/16/23 01:35 AM

they should enjoy life before vlad comes and gets em....
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/16/23 02:40 PM

Do they still run the M 578 wolfdog?
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/16/23 02:56 PM

APC Armored Personnel Carrier Protection from indirect fire and small arms.
Posted By: Michigander

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/16/23 03:06 PM

How much do you get paid to be Russias cheerleader NonPc?
Posted By: Kre

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/16/23 05:20 PM

Hard to believe the katsaps couldn't take out these old 113s.

The 113 have actually performed quite well in Ukraine, all things considered.
Posted By: nh toe pincher

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/16/23 05:46 PM

i drove a 113 back in the 80's -early 90"s. with a little tinkering theyll do over 55mph on pavement, impressive in mud too, tho i buried one in a creekbed so bad once they got a d-7 cat dozer with a winch stuck tryin' to recover me. the m-88 tank retriever didnt even break a sweat, now theres an impressive beast! another old vietnam era workhorse.

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/16/23 07:24 PM

More than you do, especially since its in gold. I like gold...
Posted By: hippie

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/16/23 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Michigander

Our Baghdad Bob.

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/16/23 09:49 PM

hippie- Weren't you a strong supporter of Trump...?

If so, I wonder why you support Sniffy and the minions war against Russia so bad?? Must be a fan of Rambo II and III, eh?

Well, if the U.S. government does go full kinetic toe-to-toe inside Ukieland with the Rus, this old "Baghdad Bob" will be quiet because:

1) Sniffy and minions will probably imprison anyone who disagrees with them and I don't plan to find out how "drop the soap" works in prison.

and

2) It will be pointless to keep talking about it because a lot of American, and probably even some Canadian, military are going to die to prop up a worthless corrupt government who is actually grabbing men and boys off the streets and pressing them into their army against their will. So much for "western values". Everybody on here thinks its going to be a cake walk for the U.S. government and its NATO groupies to beat the Russian military and defeat the Russian nation. Might be, but what if its isn't and NATO doesn't win conventionally? What's Plan B...?? Full out nuclear war...?

Sorry, I think I'll pass on that one...
Posted By: BigJoe.

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/16/23 09:56 PM

When I was at Fort Polk Louisiana we had a ton of M113A1s. I was in a mechanized infantry unit. They were used for troop transport. They would hold about a squad. The morter platoon could shoot mortars from inside. They had a "flip hatch". Yes, I'm old.

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/16/23 11:36 PM

My brother was Army AA in late '73 through '75 shooting a "Vulcan" (right name?) 6-barrel 20mm cannon off of a M113. He still has a little scar on his lower back where the ramp of the APC hit him on the way down one time. Even aluminum can be a bit heavy in mass...
Posted By: randall brannon

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/17/23 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed

If so, I wonder why you support Sniffy and the minions war against Russia so bad?? Must be a fan of Rambo II and III, eh?

Well, if the U.S. government does go full kinetic toe-to-toe inside Ukieland with the Rus, this old "Baghdad Bob" will be quiet because:

1) Sniffy and minions will probably imprison anyone who disagrees with them and I don't plan to find out how "drop the soap" works in prison.

and

2) It will be pointless to keep talking about it because a lot of American, and probably even some Canadian, military are going to die to prop up a worthless corrupt government who is actually grabbing men and boys off the streets and pressing them into their army against their will. So much for "western values". Everybody on here thinks its going to be a cake walk for the U.S. government and its NATO groupies to beat the Russian military and defeat the Russian nation. Might be, but what if its isn't and NATO doesn't win conventionally? What's Plan B...?? Full out nuclear war...?

I would to!! General Milley has and WILL sell,us out before the first shot is fired!! This Government is more into a WOKE Military than a fighting one!! It is NOT the Military I was in!!!

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/17/23 11:30 AM

ground pounders love the old 113's. sure beats humpin with all your gear piled on your back. go ahead & shoot at me with your 7.62. just know that 'ol ma duece the .50 bmg browning on top will be returning fire in short order.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/17/23 01:09 PM

Those 113s don't swim. Learned that on one of our rotations through the combat box at Hohenfels. We had just fininished digging a tank ditch across a small valley with a pond in the center. Our ditch run up to the pond on both sides. Unknown to us there was a 113 forward of us on an LP. We discovered that when it came screaming back to the lines with OPFOR hot on it's heels. The poor guys headed straight for what must've looked like the only gap in the ditch, the pond dam. I swear it looked like it went airborne before the splash down.

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/17/23 01:27 PM

They have to be rigged and prepped for swimming
Posted By: hippie

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/17/23 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed

and

Yes sir, I supported Trump.

I didn't realize I had to root for Russia's invasion and success taking over another country because I dislike Biden and his moves.

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/17/23 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
Those 113s don't swim. Learned that on one of our rotations through the combat box at Hohenfels. We had just fininished digging a tank ditch across a small valley with a pond in the center. Our ditch run up to the pond on both sides. Unknown to us there was a 113 forward of us on an LP. We discovered that when it came screaming back to the lines with OPFOR hot on it's heels. The poor guys headed straight for what must've looked like the only gap in the ditch, the pond dam. I swear it looked like it went airborne before the splash down.

i had one completely airborne once during "combat speed" breach drills, the squad in the back wasnt too happy but we turned in the fastest time with all the brass watching wide eyed! laugh
Posted By: Spike369

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/17/23 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
113's are support vehicles really. Their great for what their supposed to do but not past that. It alike how people try saying the Bradley isn't a good tanks because modern day tanks can easily defeat it's armor and it can't kill tanks with it's mail weapon....like yeah, their not ment to got up against tanks or anti tank weapons. Their a IFV .
113's are good for light support and doing things trucks can't really do. So mobile TOCS , ambulances , LIGHT infantry support platforms and troop transportation. They do however shine for combat roles like mobile motor systems. Their not a tank and anyone trying to use them like a tank without some upgrades needs friggen help.
They are however easy to fix and their one of the most durable vehicles we have , and we have plenty of them some I doubt the ones we btw are hiring anything at all past transportation costs.
Really with they would make one into a contact truck deal deal with a little crane. One rigged up like a baby 88 would be amazing!

A Bradley has a TOW weapon on it that will most definitely kill a tank. The problem with the TOW is its wire guided and it takes a brave crew o sit in the open for 15 seconds until the tank is killed or you!
Posted By: wildflights

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/18/23 02:23 AM

I don't see how joy riding over some civilians car gets accolades from the trapperman crew. Wonder if the car owner was alive to see it.

In any case, anyone following current turns of events in Ukraine knows the smiling joy rider was probably dead in a ditch before that video showed up here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKZpYglZrW4&t=0s
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/18/23 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by Spike369
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91

A Bradley has a TOW weapon on it that will most definitely kill a tank. The problem with the TOW is its wire guided and it takes a brave crew o sit in the open for 15 seconds until the tank is killed or you!

Yes it can but it's not primarily for anti tank ops. Those twos are their just in case but the Bradley is not a tank or a tank hunter . That being said though the TOW is pretty formidable because of the fact is wire guideded .

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/18/23 03:09 AM

That Bradley carries troops that carry man portable anti tank misses. So for every Bradley there might be four or five missiles ready to go downrange. Not exactly a toe to toe match against a MBT but enough to make the other guy tread carefully. Couple that with the usual doctrine of MBT dispersed along with Mechanized Infantry and you've got a credible defense.

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/18/23 03:10 AM

And the cannon on the Bradley gives it parity with most anything its size and smaller.

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/18/23 03:24 AM

The old m113 came in a varient that had a tow launcher that did not leave the gunner or vehicle exposed when behind cover. The range was 4 klics. Better than most soviet tanks at the time.

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/18/23 05:15 AM

Yes sir, I supported Trump.

I didn't realize I had to root for Russia's invasion and success taking over another country because I dislike Biden and his moves.

So, you still think this war started just a year ago, eh?

I know you don't like to watch videos or read text after links so I'll show the first few paragraphs of this post. Of course, you won't believe it but perhaps someone else will have a light bulb come on. So any time you hear a U.S. uniparty political war flack say 24 Feb 2022 was an "unprovoked attack" by the Rus, just remember its pure financial cabal and MIC bs. If anything, its a 9-year old civil war.

After the 2014 coup in Kiev the dully elected President Yanukovich had fled the country. His supporters in parliament were afraid and would no show up for further assemblies. The incoming U.S. selected government immediately set out to suppress the Russian speaking parts of Ukraine. The first move of the rump parliament, now dominated by right-wing people from west Ukraine, was to prohibit the Russian language for official business.

The ethnic Russian population in the east and southeast was opposed to the coup and rebelled against it. The new government tried to oppress it by military means. But a lot of soldiers defected to the rebels and soon those won the upper hand. The Ukrainian government troops were decisively defeated, twice. Each time the French, German, Russian and Ukrainian governments set down to come to agreements on how to proceed:

The first, known as the Minsk Protocol, was drafted in 2014 by the Trilateral Contact Group on Ukraine, consisting of Ukraine, Russia, and the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE), with mediation by the leaders of France and Germany in the so-called Normandy Format. After extensive talks in Minsk, Belarus, the agreement was signed on 5 September 2014 by representatives of the Trilateral Contact Group and, without recognition of their status, by the then-leaders of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic (DPR) and Luhansk People's Republic (LPR). This agreement followed multiple previous attempts to stop the fighting in the region and aimed to implement an immediate ceasefire.

The agreement failed to stop fighting, and was thus followed with a revised and updated agreement, Minsk II, which was signed on 12 February 2015. This agreement consisted of a package of measures, including a ceasefire, withdrawal of heavy weapons from the front line, release of prisoners of war, constitutional reform in Ukraine granting self-government to certain areas of Donbas and restoring control of the state border to the Ukrainian government. While fighting subsided following the agreement's signing, it never ended completely, and the agreement's provisions were never fully implemented.

The Minsk II agreement, a "Package of measures for the Implementation of the Minsk agreements", was endorsed by the UN Security Council Resolution 2205. It is available here. The package includes clearly numbered tasks. An immediate ceasefire is task 1. The 'Launch of a dialogue' about legislation measures the Ukrainian parliament would have to take to recognize a special status for Donbas is step 4. Step 9 is the reinstatement of full control of the state border by the government.

These clearly defined steps later proved to be the reason why the agreement was never fully implemented. The government of Ukraine insisted that step 9 should be taken before step 4. The governments of the Donetsk and Luhansk republics insisted on the original sequencing as giving up any control over the boarder with Russia, and the supplies coming through it, would have taken away their ability to defend themselves before the other steps, specifically the recognition of the special status of the Donbas republics, had been taken.

Over the years several summits were held to push for a fulfillment of the Minsk agreements. But the government of Ukraine, with 'western' support, continued to block the process.

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2023/02/the-buildup-to-war-in-ukraine-february-15-2022.html#more

Late 2016. Auntie Lindsey is probably about the only one still alive in this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeWHviwLMy8

P.S. Donetsk, the 3rd or 4th largest city in 1991 Ukraine, has not been under the Kiev government control since late 2014. It doesn't seem those 1+ million people want to stay with the blue and yellow. Not one '...king American reporter has filed a story from Donestsk city, either the continued AFU shelling of it or anything else, this past year and probably for many years.

So yeah, this war started in February 2022.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/18/23 05:40 AM

Nato pushed for this war if you review the facts.

Re: Ukie demo derby with M113... - 02/18/23 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Dirt
The old m113 came in a varient that had a tow launcher that did not leave the gunner or vehicle exposed when behind cover. The range was 4 klics. Better than most soviet tanks at the time.

There was also an open top mortar carrier. Those things could really shoot and scoot.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums