Home

Cigar aficionados

Posted By: greenetrapper

Cigar aficionados - 03/15/23 09:54 PM

[Linked Image] I love sipping on Bourbon with a good cigar. My friend just went on a cruise and stopped in Honduras. He picked these up for me. Can anybody tell me anything about them . They are supposedly Cuban and very good. Anything I'm finding online says they are very expensive but he did not pay much for them
Posted By: SGT. C

Re: Cigar aficionados - 03/15/23 10:07 PM

Man, enjoy them. Sure looks like a smooth cigar.
I like Deadwood Fat Bottom Betty's. Not an expensive, but not a cheapo over the counter.
Enjoy,

Sarge
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Cigar aficionados - 03/15/23 10:50 PM

The originals are tremendous.

They are also the most counterfeited consumer item in the world. usually, even the counterfeits are pretty good.
Posted By: ZAC

Re: Cigar aficionados - 03/15/23 10:58 PM

Lots of counterfeits out there. There are ways to tell if Cohibas are real. Look up online. Something about label graphics… I have always heard real cohibas never come in glass top box. Regardless it’s a nice gesture from a friend and will probably be very enjoyable. I have had some top end authentic Cubans. Yes they are fantastic but…. There are some Nicaraguan and Honduran cigars that are just as good if not better IMO and don’t have near the trouble buying due to cost and importing
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Cigar aficionados - 03/15/23 11:00 PM

I like a sweet cigar so I can find a lot of inexpensive options. To be clear tho, I'd smoke the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) out of those things if he had brought me any!
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Cigar aficionados - 03/15/23 11:04 PM

There are some Nicaraguan and Honduran cigars that are just as good

There are Cohibas made in Dominican Republic that are just pretty darn good. I seriously doubt the cubans are any better.

Re: Cigar aficionados - 03/15/23 11:07 PM

https://www.holts.com/cigars/all-cigar-brands/cohiba.html
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Cigar aficionados - 03/15/23 11:50 PM

Fire em up ! ..Nothing like a good stick.

I’ve smoked some Ashton’s while sipping on some coffee....that coffee tasted like Chocolate !
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Cigar aficionados - 03/16/23 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by greenetrapper
[Linked Image] I love sipping on Bourbon with a good cigar. My friend just went on a cruise and stopped in Honduras. He picked these up for me. Can anybody tell me anything about them . They are supposedly Cuban and very good. Anything I'm finding online says they are very expensive but he did not pay much for them

Tourist cigars are one of the most counterfeited items in the world.
Posted By: spjones

Re: Cigar aficionados - 03/16/23 01:24 AM

https://www.cigarslover.com/en/cigars/guides/how-to-spot-fake-cuban-cigars/
Posted By: warrior

Re: Cigar aficionados - 03/16/23 01:57 AM

There two different legit Cohibas.

The original cuban one that Castro took over and the free world one that the family started after they fled Cuba.

Never smoked either so I can only report what I've read. Supposedly in spite of Cuba's perfect climate and soil for tobacco the quality under communism slipped from what it could be but the Cuban ones were pushed by the regime as premium export for foreign dollars. While the free world ones along with other expats raised the bar on the local tobaccos where ever they landed to make an almost as good as product.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Cigar aficionados - 03/16/23 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by greenetrapper

Maduro wrapped Cohibas.I think you will enjoy them.I also like "Punch" and "Arturo Fuente" cigars with a glass of nice Bourbon.
Posted By: bass10

Re: Cigar aficionados - 03/16/23 02:09 PM

Man Greenetrapper we'd get along good, nice cigar and bourbon! Well other than the fact you're from NY.
Posted By: OhioBoy

Re: Cigar aficionados - 03/16/23 06:40 PM

Vega Golds are nice and smooth if you never had one.
The Acids are really nice sweet cigars. Think high end swisher sweet.
I could just stick with those... maybe throw in a arturo fuentes to round things off and I'd be good.
Maybe throw in a really dark one like a punch gran puro too... but i can over do it with those.
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: Cigar aficionados - 03/16/23 11:40 PM

The Acid line is made by Drew Estates. They have a line called Factory Smokes. They are $2 a stick or less depending on size. They are sold in bundles and are a great everyday stick/budget smoke.

Re: Cigar aficionados - 03/17/23 12:28 AM

Gilberto Oliva has one called flor de oliva. about 5 bucks made in Nicaragua. pretty good. doesnt get that bite when you get it smoked down some either
© 2024 Trapperman Forums