Home

Always fun!

Posted By: Nbhunt1

Always fun! - 03/18/23 10:52 PM

Got the chance to have my first boil of the year. A little later than normal due to my firehouse schedule but it worked out. I enjoy the cooking, eating, and especially the fellowship. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Always fun! - 03/18/23 11:24 PM

Sure looks like fun!

Re: Always fun! - 03/18/23 11:42 PM

I was curious if the northerners in the room would even know what those are? Honestly don’t know? Ever had crawfish? Or mud bugs as some call them
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Always fun! - 03/18/23 11:59 PM

If you invite me to eat at your next boil, I would eat so much you'd want me to RSVP twice LOL
Posted By: trappingthomas

Re: Always fun! - 03/19/23 12:01 AM

Sounds like you made it a great day for all invited.

Re: Always fun! - 03/19/23 12:15 AM

Leftlane if you’re ever in northwest MS during season I’d be happy to cook some. I’ve learned that RSVP doesn’t mean squat for my age group. It’s easier to just decide the number of bags I want to boil and then first come first serve. If there are leftovers then jambalaya for the next week isn’t bad.
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Always fun! - 03/19/23 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Nbhunt1
I was curious if the northerners in the room would even know what those are? Honestly don’t know? Ever had crawfish? Or mud bugs as some call them

Have had crawdads a couple times in the past up here. Smaller than yours I'm sure and time consuming but good.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Always fun! - 03/19/23 12:43 AM

Dang it, what happened to the rule about bringing enough to share.

That looks like some fine eating, right there.
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: Always fun! - 03/19/23 01:52 AM

Looks great

What you got rolled up in foil?

I see pieces of sausage which is what I thought it was at first
Posted By: Michigander

Re: Always fun! - 03/19/23 02:25 AM

Looks like a nice tub of bass bait to me. Never have caught enough of them to have a boil.
Posted By: jalstat

Re: Always fun! - 03/19/23 04:57 AM

From Illinois and love those things they are outstanding eats
Posted By: womper

Re: Always fun! - 03/19/23 09:43 AM

Man that looks good, LOVE me some crawdads.

Had a buddy do a boil here in Iowa for a big party. He did 50 pounds,and had lots of leftovers, most people liked them but didn't hang around long enough to have more than a few.

I ended up with a couple big coolers full and spent the next morning peelin tails. Ended up with a couple ziploc bags full of peeled tails. I added some to just about everything for the next week.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Always fun! - 03/19/23 09:57 AM

some guys in 2018 nta convention in Escanaba mi , when out and caught a bunch an had a boil here , small but good
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Always fun! - 03/19/23 12:30 PM

Thsnks NB, I'm hard on a big pot of jambalaya too!

Re: Always fun! - 03/19/23 01:08 PM

The foil is boudin. Poke a few holes in the foil to let it soak up the crawfish flavor. Man it’s good! That and the pineapple are my two favorite add-ins
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Always fun! - 03/19/23 01:15 PM

Looks good. Been awhile since I had some mud bugs.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Always fun! - 03/19/23 01:39 PM

There is loads of those crawdads in the rivers here,but they are tiny,maybe an inch long.
Sturgeon are always full of them.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Always fun! - 03/19/23 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
There is loads of those crawdads in the rivers here,but they are tiny,maybe an inch long.
Sturgeon are always full of them.

Any fish that can fit one in their mouth will eat crawdads. Always good bait.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums