Home

Crack Barrel

Posted By: AntiGov

Crack Barrel - 03/21/23 01:42 AM

Opened up here a few yrs ago and was busy for a couple weeks and then died a slow painful death closing today for good .

They blame lasting effects from covid , but the real deal is the food was absolutely horrible . How they couldn't figure it out is beyond me .
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Crack Barrel - 03/21/23 01:48 AM

No homemade food anymore. Just from a can or frozen prefab. The last I ate there it was bad. That has been years now and didn't go back,

Have a friend that works at an Eat n Park. They have gone to the same menu style. Nothing much made in house all prefab ordered and put in the freezer food.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Crack Barrel - 03/21/23 01:57 AM

hadn't eaten at one is a while for sure pre covid
but wife and I went to one a couple weeks ago

we were hungry it was good

no restaurant really does much for me any more

but who you have manage the place makes a huge difference
Posted By: adam m

Re: Crack Barrel - 03/21/23 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

So very true!

Both here are always slammed.
My favorite thing from Cracker Barrel is the fried chicken blt. Made fresh and it's big unlike most chicken sandwiches.
Posted By: BRONZEBACK

Re: Crack Barrel - 03/21/23 02:50 AM

Big Crack Fan!!! Just can’t beat the “Country Boy” for an awesome value…Three Eggs, Hashbrown Casserole, 8 oz Sirloin Steak, Fried Apples, and Biscuits & Gravy for $ 12.49.
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Crack Barrel - 03/21/23 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
Opened up here a few yrs ago and was busy for a couple weeks and then died a slow painful death closing today for good .

They blame lasting effects from covid , but the real deal is the food was absolutely horrible . How they couldn't figure it out is beyond me .

The food first time I had it was .... Bland..... I mean edible but very bland. The plase is a meme factory though laugh
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Crack Barrel - 03/21/23 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by adam m
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

So very true!

Both here are always slammed.
My favorite thing from Cracker Barrel is the fried chicken blt. Made fresh and it's big unlike most chicken sandwiches.

it was steady busy always had been, we used to eat their probably once a month , it was a place we could take the kids , my favorite table was the round one in the corner past the fireplace

perfect for a family with a bunch of kids , they could play checkers by the fire and I could still see them.
waitress always saw you on the way back into the kitchen.
but you didn't have the traffic of the hostess station right next to you

now so much of the menu is stuff I shouldn't eat , like I said no restaurant really does much for me any more , because food is , well I can't eat like I used to.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Crack Barrel - 03/21/23 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91

The food first time I had it was .... Bland..... I mean edible but very bland. The plase is a meme factory though laugh

That's what I'm talking about .......Bland ..... extremely bland ......zero spice , nada , zip , zilch .....it was like they didn't even know what salt and pepper was .

My brother in law from Alabama loves that kinda food
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Crack Barrel - 03/21/23 04:35 AM

Heck down here you have to wait to get a table if you go at lunch or supper time. No fear of them closing down any time soon. My only problem when I eat there is there's too many options and I don't know what to choose.
Posted By: jalstat

Re: Crack Barrel - 03/21/23 06:47 AM

Real good up here it has to be a management problem
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: Crack Barrel - 03/21/23 07:36 AM

When I was travelling across the country and had the the general manager along, he always ate at one per trip at least. I never found them to be anything special and certainly not down-home cooking, but he was picking up the tab, so .... This was back in the late 1990s,early 2000s, a lot of them have since gone out of business.
Posted By: randall brannon

Re: Crack Barrel - 03/21/23 08:07 AM

I have a Family owned Diner just down the road. They beat Crack Barrel all to heck. Down Home Cooking and very good. If it isn't on the menu they will try to make it.
Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Re: Crack Barrel - 03/21/23 08:34 AM

In some parts of the country thats the only place you can find country ham. Haven't been to one in years, but I could go for some country ham and biscuits right about now.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Crack Barrel - 03/21/23 08:44 AM

Cracker barrel at one time put a restaurant on every exit on the thru-way and a few in between. All of them closed in two to three years. They were busy for a few months then no one went back. I only went once to one and the food was flavor-less to say the least
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Crack Barrel - 03/21/23 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Turtledale
Cracker barrel at one time put a restaurant on every exit on the thru-way and a few in between. All of them closed in two to three years. They were busy for a few months then no one went back. I only went once to one and the food was flavor-less to say the least

Yup.I always said It doesn't matter what you order,,It all tastes the same.Only good part is their store that sells all the old timey candy.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Crack Barrel - 03/21/23 09:34 AM

try them 3 times , never like them ,
Posted By: Guss

Re: Crack Barrel - 03/21/23 11:04 AM

I think the one in kenosa,wi closed up also.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Crack Barrel - 03/21/23 11:07 AM

That's crazy, I have eaten at Cracker Barrels several times in Arizona and Texas, their food was great. Lines of people waiting to get in. Pot roast was amazing.
Posted By: strike2x

Re: Crack Barrel - 03/21/23 11:08 AM

I just ate at one last week. Beats fast food hands down. Still many down south.
Posted By: GARY M.

Re: Crack Barrel - 03/21/23 11:17 AM

It is good down here, I love the roast beef, mash potatoes, green beans, and corn bread.
Posted By: micheal

Re: Crack Barrel - 03/21/23 11:28 AM

I like em
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Crack Barrel - 03/21/23 12:33 PM

Cracker Barrels here are a license to print money. Almost always busy with wait list at prime times. Nothing fancy but huge variety of reasonably priced food.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Crack Barrel - 03/21/23 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91

I think they are in your area, The Flying burger and seafood, Best fast food in the world. If not close, they are worth the drive.
Posted By: Roy Greenfield

Re: Crack Barrel - 03/21/23 02:43 PM

Stopped at two last week in Nebraska and Kansas. Both were very busy and the food was very good.
As said above, must be the management. I have been told in the past all food comes from the same warehouse.
The people on the floor have extensive training before they start serving guests.
Roy
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Crack Barrel - 03/21/23 03:04 PM

Crapper Barrel has always been good and I've been all over the country. I go by their recipe for hash brown casserole but add bacon and sausage and onions. Good stuff. Disappointed they don't offer plain old hash brown for breakfast.
Posted By: run

Re: Crack Barrel - 03/22/23 02:34 AM

I don't eat @ cracker barrel often enough to know whether it's good or bad.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums