Home

New boots

Posted By: Bob_Iowa

New boots - 03/22/23 11:28 PM

I finally ordered my nicks boots back about 4 weeks ago and they came in without laces they fit my feet really well now I just have to lace them up and start wearing them.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: New boots - 03/22/23 11:39 PM

Nice !!!!
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: New boots - 03/22/23 11:59 PM

.yes they are
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: New boots - 03/23/23 12:01 AM

I love my Nick's. I wear them all day every day. I need to send them back for a resole but don't want to go without them.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: New boots - 03/23/23 12:13 AM

You paid for handmade boots and they don’t come with laces?

Re: New boots - 03/23/23 12:42 AM

They’re in the box just didn’t take the time to lace them when I took the picture, also it’s easier to oil the tongue without laces in.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: New boots - 03/23/23 02:12 AM

Gotcha
Posted By: 160user

Re: New boots - 03/23/23 02:14 AM

I always bought White's but quality boots are worth their weight in gold. I never ordered "custom" sized ones. I always put them in the bathtub, filled them full of warm water overnight and then laced them up and walked them dry the next day. I never had a blister in 32 years of wearing them fighting fire. I watched others suffer for weeks that were afraid to get their new boots wet.
Posted By: Roy Greenfield

Re: New boots - 03/23/23 01:35 PM

Not boots but I break in leather work gloves the same way. Soak them in water and wear them dry.
Roy
Posted By: Oreamnos

Re: New boots - 03/23/23 10:49 PM

Very nice.

I wear a pair of Whites almost every day.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: New boots - 03/24/23 01:30 AM

Never worried about whites other then white bite, nowother brand soak then wear dry.
Posted By: Jmack

Re: New boots - 03/24/23 03:00 AM

Nice boots. Wore whites for 16 years but last couple pairs didn't last very long and I was disappointed in their quality. Got lots of buddies that wear Nick's. Been ordering JKs now and can't be happier. Always warmed up my boots then soaked them in boot oil ,warmed up again and put them on till they cooled off. Best break in I found.

Re: New boots - 03/24/23 10:35 PM

I thought about whites but I needed steel toe and I liked the nicks version a little better.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums