Home

Is it really global warming?

Posted By: Oh Snap

Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 03:37 PM

Or is it used as cover for our country becoming a queer nation, stealing our youth, supporting our enemies, giving our great nation over to globalism.
It all started with “oh Joey those 2 men are in love” we sure ended up with a real mess and the outcome is going to be………
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 03:55 PM

Its really a scam. One of the largest in history next to covid. -20 here again this morning. Last year our lakes were still frozen in June. Never seen that before. Look back at their predictions. None came true. Thats all you need to know.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 04:17 PM

Global warmng is a hoax, people need to know the distinction between carbon and carbon dioxide which are used interchangeably in the dialogue by the hoax spinners, both are building blocks in agriculture and that is what the science that is being ignored and somehow rewrote...says.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 04:20 PM

Taxation and control
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 04:33 PM

Two things NEEDED for life on earth, co2 and carbon. Now both bad? Now paying to sequester?

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 04:41 PM

You hear about global warming everyday but how often do you hear about mass tree planting programs to deal with co2? The only solution is money so that lacks credibility in my book, let’s try the trees first it might work and maybe be a lot cheaper.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 04:56 PM

Lawdog they tried that scam years back if you had x amount of trees planted you could get a small payment/acre for reducing the carbon footprint However by signing the agreement you were also giving the University of Chigago a permanent easement across your property Burned mine causing more carbon
Posted By: Guss

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 05:03 PM

Thanks to 8 years of Obama this country is on the tracks to nowhere but down.

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 05:27 PM

I see more slashing and burning then tree planting going on here it seems crazy.
Posted By: randall brannon

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 06:14 PM

Global Warming was proven a Hoax so they changed it to Climate Change. Climate Change they figured would be impossible to be proven as a Hoax so they could keep stealing Tax Money. Now Climate change can be called too Hot or too Cold. Remember back in the late 80's the Government claimed that their Scientists had proof that an Ice Age was coming and that the Great Lakes were going to freeze to the Bottom by 2000. Never Happened. Then Al Gore claimed Florida would be under water by 2010. Still waiting to fish in my Marion County Cabin. I knew I should have built it on Pontoons.

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 06:21 PM

Same people that outlawed paper bag in favor of plastic that is now choking the planet. The banned paper is long gone but the forced alternatives will be here in the next centuries to come with no redeeming value to the planet.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 06:26 PM

It's indisputable that we are in a warming trend. Mild winters in many areas, significant changes in the dynamics of many freshwater ecosystems due to warmer water and longer open water seasons, etc. etc. etc. etc. The world is warming, and has been for a couple decades.

Of course people who stand to gain from this are going to use it to their political ends. What's really the issue is the question of whether or not this is something caused by humans and the things we use to carry out our daily lives and that's where the science falls apart and doesn't support their agenda, but the people who need man-caused global warming cannot be bothered with facts, they can't afford them.

The only thing that will change this is when there is a long-term cooling trend, which could start next year or not for 50 years. Might as well get used to the Climate Change crowd trying to control your life just in case it's the latter.
Posted By: bfflobo

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 06:40 PM

Communist countries around the world are not worried about global warming or climate change. They support us in screwing up our economy using these false, destructive reasons, but they continue on building. The corruption of our government officials are tied to the CCP. Many are married to communist families and our presidential family has been taking bribes from them his entire life.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 06:44 PM

Anybody who knows anything about natural ecosystems understands that any significant trend in temperature, either warmer or cooler, that results in negative effects for some plants, animals, and habitat types always results in positive effects for others.
Until climate "scientists" start reporting/predicting both the negatives and the positives objectively you can be assured that "climate science" is completely agenda driven.

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 06:44 PM

If the politicians were serious about taking actions they would stop doing business with China that would be a huge first step but we know money outranks the environmental goals.

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by BernieB.
It's indisputable that we are in a warming trend. Mild winters in many areas, significant changes in the dynamics of many freshwater ecosystems due to warmer water and longer open water seasons, etc. etc. etc. etc. The world is warming, and has been for a couple decades.

Of course people who stand to gain from this are going to use it to their political ends. What's really the issue is the question of whether or not this is something caused by humans and the things we use to carry out our daily lives and that's where the science falls apart and doesn't support their agenda, but the people who need man-caused global warming cannot be bothered with facts, they can't afford them.

The only thing that will change this is when there is a long-term cooling trend, which could start next year or not for 50 years. Might as well get used to the Climate Change crowd trying to control your life just in case it's the latter.

These warmin/coolin cycles have been going on for millions of years. It just takes a human mind to capitalize on it.

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 06:53 PM

There are remains of ancient white pine forests 600 miles north of me, from some warmer time.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 06:54 PM

In the 1920s there were around 750 billion trees, now there are over 3 trillion. I could use some global warming, I'm sick of winter.

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
In the 1920s there were around 750 billion trees, now there are over 3 trillion. I could use some global warming, I'm sick of winter.

That's my point, if warmer temps are a negative for some creatures they are a positive for others.
Posted By: Tim64

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 07:38 PM

Artifacts have been discovered under melting glaciers in both Greenland and Iceland. As glaciers melt due to climate change, they can reveal ancient artifacts and other items that have been buried for thousands of years. In Iceland, for example, a Viking sword dating back to the 10th century was discovered in 2016 after a glacier melted. In Greenland, artifacts dating back to the Norse colonization of the island in the 10th century have been discovered as glaciers have melted, including Norse buildings and artifacts such as combs and weaving tools. These discoveries provide valuable insights into the history and culture of these regions. This means that those glaciers were not present at that time and the land was habitable. Did we cause global warming thousands of years ago?
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 08:09 PM

Way back when there were ferns the size of trees and plant grows overall was immense , the CO2 concentration in the atmosphere was quadruple that of now. The dead plants of those days gone by are the coal we are digging up now.
Today on the other hand, CO2 concentrations are so low that it is not an easy task to have a decent crop. So rising CO2 levels and a rise in temprature are not a bad thing in the big picture. Unfortunately, we are at the beginning of a cooling cycle with another little ice age just around the corner. " just around the corner in geological terms " meaning a couple of thousand years or so.
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 08:17 PM

Here's another that shows even more proof it's a political ploy for more tax money.
Now we have lotteries and just this year sports betting became legal !
Politics are a greedy bunch , taxes are going up and they still need more so now taxes on sports betting , in Ohio alone the government brought in millions from sports betting .
The report estimated the fiscal impact of legal sports betting in the state. It said a 10 percent tax on net revenue from sports betting could bring in $7 million during the first half of 2023 and a total of $24 million in the first full fiscal year.

Back to climate change.
https://xaviersteelsworld.wordpress.com/2018/12/31/on-climate-change-and-tax/

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 08:17 PM

Check out the video at the 1:50 mark .

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1131330333643169

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 08:42 PM

Like others have said there has been some strange weather going on we went from several freeze and thaw in days winters to below freezing for months straight and we still get down to 15 degrees or more at night now. I’m glad it’s melting the snow the way it is to prevent any serious flooding issues.

I noticed the impact on turkeys also the last several years with later breeding because the hens stick with the gobblers throughout the season making them harder to call in. I will see if that changes this year any with the extended winter weather pattern.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 09:09 PM

Agenda driven science is NOT science at all. It is PROPAGANDA!

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 09:14 PM

Man is arrogant to believe he is causing climate change
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 09:53 PM

You guys are all wrong. Algore said so.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 10:11 PM

That's why they had to change it to "climate change" from global warming. Even more important is to push that it's man made.

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/28/23 10:12 PM

Had Al Gore been there in 1922 , he may have started his Political tax campaign then!

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/29/23 01:28 AM

Here is the real spanner in the works.
Historical records show that there are cycles that are pretty constant as far as ice ages and warm period go and we are at the end of a warm spell. Now we could work around it if the climate was indeed warming somewhat and live with slightly higher sea levels etc. We could de salivate sea water to irrigate crops and all that. But when things start to get cold, folks are going to die en mass. Shrinking farm land and shorter times to grow crops ... we would not be able to build enough greenhouses to grow the food for the world population. Those are going to be real problems facing human kind if we live long enough and have not blown ourselves up in the meantime.

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/29/23 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
Way back when there were ferns the size of trees and plant grows overall was immense , the CO2 concentration in the atmosphere was quadruple that of now. The dead plants of those days gone by are the coal we are digging up now.
Today on the other hand, CO2 concentrations are so low that it is not an easy task to have a decent crop. So rising CO2 levels and a rise in temprature are not a bad thing in the big picture. Unfortunately, we are at the beginning of a cooling cycle with another little ice age just around the corner. " just around the corner in geological terms " meaning a couple of thousand years or so.

We see the Different regions this place has gone through every time we drop underground. From Deserts to Mountains then back to Forests you see just what has been happening through the decades. According to the Climate LIARS the Dinosaurs must have had Gas and Farted themselves into oblivion. But the evidence shows otherwise!!! Some of those Fern Sized Trees and even Trees are still in the layers of Coal. Ever see a KettleBottom??? They are deadly but safe if you know they are there and you strap them.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/29/23 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
You hear about global warming everyday but how often do you hear about mass tree planting programs to deal with co2? The only solution is money so that lacks credibility in my book, let’s try the trees first it might work and maybe be a lot cheaper.

We don't need to plant anything. All plant life will increase intake of CO2 naturally as it becomes available, thus tying up the excess over time. This cycle has gone on since plants first existed. CO2 is actually a limiting factor in the rate of growth of all plant life currently.
Guess what else occurs when plantlife absorbs and processes the extra CO2? It releases an increased amount of oxygen. All sounds good to me.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/29/23 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by 52Carl

We don't need to plant anything. All plant life will increase intake of CO2 naturally as it becomes available, thus tying up the excess over time. This cycle has gone on since plants first existed. CO2 is actually a limiting factor in the rate of growth of all plant life currently.
Guess what else occurs when plantlife absorbs and processes the extra CO2? It releases an increased amount of oxygen. All sounds good to me.

Are you saying that a field of say, soybeans, turns as much C02 into 02 as the same acreage of, say, oak trees does?
Posted By: drasselt

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/29/23 09:01 AM

[quote=BernieB.] ..... The world is warming, and has been for a couple decades.

The world is warming and has been for over 10,000 years:

The Pleistocene was the geological epoch that lasted from about 2,580,000 to 11,700 years ago, spanning the Earth's most recent period of repeated glaciations.

Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/29/23 09:03 AM

Seems reasonable to me that an acre of soybeans or corn makes more oxygen than an acre of hot concrete, lol!
Posted By: Squash

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/29/23 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by walleye101
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson

That's my point, if warmer temps are a negative for some creatures they are a positive for others.

I agree, but you never hear climate change alarmist state the good aspects of warmer temps..

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/29/23 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by drasselt
[quote=BernieB.] ..... The world is warming, and has been for a couple decades.

The world is warming and has been for over 10,000 years:

The Pleistocene was the geological epoch that lasted from about 2,580,000 to 11,700 years ago, spanning the Earth's most recent period of repeated glaciations.

The world has been warming since the flood in general, but there have been upswings and down.
Posted By: mask bandit

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/29/23 11:55 AM

I remember back in around 1978 or 1979 in 6th grade. Watching a movie about the same stuff , it said man would be living underground in the next 40 years , do to all the same stuff. Well I haven’t seen it yet . They are nothing but a bunch of liars and a den of thieves.

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/29/23 12:08 PM

Meanwhile it is -6 degrees here this morning, March 29. Wonder what the record low is for this date.
Posted By: Osky

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/29/23 12:08 PM

If you pencil it out, I know a math nut who did, against the age of the earth the last 180 years or so we have had accurate thermometers equates to .000000009 of a second.
And that’s enough to forecast global heating/cooling?

If you think so I’ve got some oceanfront property in Arizona I can get you in on, motivated seller name of Gore……

Wake up.

As for trees at least in the Minnesota areas if you go to the state museum in St. Paul you will see some of the earliest pictures of that area looking west from the river. Predominantly prairie and elk herds. The photos in the clubhouse of the golf course here from 1907 show the same west of Minneapolis. Now? Go up in any higher building and look around, tree tops forever.
The northern 1/3 of Minnesota was logged of pine and now broad leaf large crowned trees are the norm. Those trees are far better at cleaning the air than the pines were.

So much nonsense from the financially self serving experts.

Osky

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/29/23 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
That's why they had to change it to "climate change" from global warming. Even more important is to push that it's man made.

That is right.Global Warming was too easy to prove a LIE so they changed it to Climate change and now can blame EVERYTHING on getting Hot and then the same on getting Cold. Just Tax paid BS!!! Coal Miners see it everyday. I am telling you that at times WV was a Desert but before that a vast Vegeation of swamp and Trees. That is where Coal comes from. Al Gore just wants more money and found a way to LIE and get it!!!

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/29/23 02:06 PM

For those that are interested

Linky thing

And for those that are not into reading , here is another aspect

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/29/23 02:24 PM

Meanwhile it is -6 degrees here this morning, March 29. Wonder what the record low is for this date.

Don't know the record low, but the average record low here is +28 degrees. It was -3 this morning well below the norm. We've been running below normal temps most of the month. Part of that is all the snow cover we have I realize.

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/29/23 03:44 PM

Don't know the record low, but the average record low here is +28 degrees. It was -3 this morning well below the norm. We've been running below normal temps most of the month. Part of that is all the snow cover we have I realize.

Probably sounds nitpicky but words matter. You can't average a record low because it's a single number. And temps are not running below normal they are running below average. It is very normal for temperatures to deviate considerably above or below average.

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/29/23 03:47 PM

You are correct, my mistake. I meant the average low, not average record low.
Posted By: Elkguy

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/29/23 03:53 PM

Same people that outlawed paper bag in favor of plastic that is now choking the planet. The banned paper is long gone but the forced alternatives will be here in the next centuries to come with no redeeming value to the planet.

Most grocery stores here still offer a choice between paper or plastic. I choose paper every time, it’s a much better fire starter grin

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/29/23 04:11 PM

You are correct, my mistake. I meant the average low, not average record low.

Sorry, didn't mean to pick on you, but it tripped my trigger as I hear the Weatherman/woman (who like to call themselves meteorologists) mixing up average, normal, extreme, and record terminology all the time and it drives me nuts. Those folks should know better since it's their profession.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/30/23 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Are you saying that a field of say, soybeans, turns as much C02 into 02 as the same acreage of, say, oak trees does?

No I am not, but I do not know what the answer to that question is either.
What I am saying is that the growth rate of all plant life currently on this planet is limited by the amount of CO2 in the air currently. Any elevation in CO2 from this point in time forward will benefit plant life via increased growth rate which equates to converting CO2 to O2, with the carbon atom being captured and contained in the plant.
In layman's terms, plant life is jonesing for more CO2. Growers pump greenhouses with CO2 to increase growth rate.

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/30/23 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by trapper les
Global warmng is a hoax, people need to know the distinction between carbon and carbon dioxide which are used interchangeably in the dialogue by the hoax spinners, both are building blocks in agriculture and that is what the science that is being ignored and somehow rewrote...says.

Totally agree , carbon monoxide is from burning fossil fuels and wood.
One volcano produces more than all of man kind produces in a year.
Sun spots are causing many changes in the earths atmosphere right now than any carbons !

Re: Is it really global warming? - 03/30/23 02:21 AM

What I am saying is that the growth rate of all plant life currently on this planet is limited by the amount of CO2 in the air currently. Any elevation in CO2 from this point in time forward will benefit plant life via increased growth rate which equates to converting CO2 to O2, with the carbon atom being captured and contained in the plant.
In layman's terms, plant life is jonesing for more CO2. Growers pump greenhouses with CO2 to increase growth rate.

Why, it's almost like the planet was created intelligently with built in checks and balances to self compensate for shifts in CO2 and O2 levels. Who knew?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums