Home

Yellow Jackets

Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Yellow Jackets - 05/18/23 01:04 AM

Last year there was a post about how to get rid of them.
Seems I remember putting something on any meat , ( chicken I think was mentioned ) in a cage to keep animals out of it.
Honey bees won't go to it , but the yellow jackets will .
They take it back to the nest , and there wouldn't be a live nest for 300 yards .
Need to know what to get.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Yellow Jackets - 05/18/23 01:09 AM

The Finster has the run down procedure on that
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Yellow Jackets - 05/18/23 01:09 AM

Last year, I used .6cc of Navigator SC In 2 cans of tuna. I drained the tuna water. Mixed the Navigator SC into the water. Mixed the treated water back into the tuna and put 1 can of bait in each of 3 pear trees that yellow jackets were eating fruit in. I had near perfect results.

Keith

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/7673031/1
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Yellow Jackets - 05/18/23 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by KeithC
Last year, I used .6cc of Navigator SC In 2 cans of tuna. I drained the tuna water. Mixed the Navigator SC into the water. Mixed the treated water back into the tuna and put 1 can of bait in each of 3 pear trees that yellow jackets were eating fruit in. I had near perfect results.

Keith

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/7673031/1

Thanks Keith , got it ordered.
Hope to get rid of them before they take over the hummingbird feeders.
Posted By: old243

Re: Yellow Jackets - 05/18/23 01:26 PM

They have been starting to show up at my beehives. They get squished if I get a chance. I can't purchase Navigator SC in Canada. does anyone know of another product that would work and the dosage.. I have a bag of Sevin , that I used for ants, would it work.. old243
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Yellow Jackets - 05/18/23 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by old243
They have been starting to show up at my beehives. They get squished if I get a chance. I can't purchase Navigator SC in Canada. does anyone know of another product that would work and the dosage.. I have a bag of Sevin , that I used for ants, would it work.. old243

I tried Sevin on them and it only made them mad. Any aerosol that kills hornets or wasps will work. Plain Flying Insect spray is worthless too. Yellow Jackets are tough little critters.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Yellow Jackets - 05/18/23 06:38 PM

Maybe Scuba will chime in. He has the magic recipe for them. Sevin will get your bees as well.
Posted By: Mark K

Re: Yellow Jackets - 05/18/23 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by old243

Sevin is my go to. I wait until after dark when it cools down and pour about a TBS of it right down the hole. It has only failed one time.

WARNING!!!!!!
DO NOT, repeat, DO NOT apply sevin to nests inside the walls of your house. When everything dies all at one time, you will have a good full week of horrible stench to endure inside the house.
Posted By: gcs

Re: Yellow Jackets - 05/18/23 10:48 PM

It's Fipronel that does the job, Can find it in the liquid flea and tick preventer , the little packets you open and put between the shoulders, just make sure the active ingredient is Fipronel.
Posted By: Ridge Runner1960

Re: Yellow Jackets - 05/18/23 11:24 PM

Taurus SC
https://www.domyown.com/taurus-sc-termiticide-p-1816.html?sub_id=1817
1/2 teaspoon to 1 can of chicken breast or tuna
Posted By: G Hose

Re: Yellow Jackets - 05/20/23 11:15 AM

Ttt for scuba
Posted By: Ridge Runner1960

Re: Yellow Jackets - 05/20/23 11:49 AM

Finnsters video
© 2024 Trapperman Forums