Home

US dollar failing ?

Posted By: trapper les

US dollar failing ? - 06/29/23 01:59 AM

https://www.rt.com/business/578724-...hxm9jTrHJ9yg8VKq86qavyQihkSzZupuRSV452kY
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: US dollar failing ? - 06/29/23 02:03 AM

Seems that's been the goal since Obama took office.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: US dollar failing ? - 06/29/23 02:06 AM

Since 1971
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: US dollar failing ? - 06/29/23 02:08 AM

That day is getting closer. Probably the only thing keeping it from happening is our military and with the people in charge of said military...its not a happy thought.
Posted By: Boco

Re: US dollar failing ? - 06/29/23 02:13 AM

Low currency value is only good for exporting countries like Canada.
Low currency value for a country that imports everything is no good.means your gonna pay more for stuff.

Re: US dollar failing ? - 06/29/23 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Low currency value for a country that imports everything is no good.means your gonna pay more for stuff.

Really? we hadnt noticed.
Posted By: mask bandit

Re: US dollar failing ? - 06/29/23 02:34 AM

The dollar has been falling since the Federal Reserve came into existence.

Re: US dollar failing ? - 06/29/23 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB

The Chinks were screwing you over for years de valuing the yuan.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: US dollar failing ? - 06/29/23 03:14 AM

My dollars still buy stuff. Test yours!
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: US dollar failing ? - 06/29/23 03:15 AM

and here I though the only thing making the USD look good was that the CAD and the Euro were falling as fast or faster keeping pace

Re: US dollar failing ? - 06/29/23 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Dirt
My dollars still buy stuff. Test yours!

Yea we got a great exchange rate when you bought our fur.(or whoever bought it with your money),lol.
Oh yea,the chinks got all your dollars for cheap overpriced walmart junk,and bought our fur with it,lol.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: US dollar failing ? - 06/29/23 03:31 AM

The Chinese got a paper coupon in return we got their natural resource and labor.

Not a bad trade until the losing side sees the light and the Chinese has seen the light. They are divesting their USD.

Re: US dollar failing ? - 06/29/23 03:47 AM

Thats all a dollar is-a paper coupon.
A bunch of them are worth one made marten.

Re: US dollar failing ? - 06/29/23 04:06 AM

"Since September 2022, the Fed is cutting back its bond portfolio by about $95 billion per month (only about 1% of its holdings each month) by not purchasing new securities to replace maturing bonds. The balance sheet dropped to roughly $8.3 trillion, down less than 7% from its peak in April, 2022.

The process of the Fed “unwinding” its balance sheet is commonly referred to as quantitative tightening. “This means the Fed is putting less liquidity in the market, requiring other investors to generate demand for bonds,” says Bill Merz, head of capital market research at U.S. Bank."

I believe QT is reducing the money supply. I suspect this is why the dollar is rising against many foreign currencies. As bad as we are at printing money, we apparently are not as bad as most other countries.

Re: US dollar failing ? - 06/29/23 04:15 AM

Maybe I should buys some Turkish Liras.

"The central bank kept rates steady at 9% in December and January but has now cut them by 1,050 basis points since late 2021.

A 500-bps run of easing last year and subsequent slump in the lira contributed to inflation soaring above 85%. It dropped to a still-high 58% in January.

Erdogan has urged monetary stimulus over the last several years, aiming to achieve price stability by slashing borrowing costs, boosting exports and flipping chronic current account deficits to surpluses.

A previous flurry of rate cuts sparked a late-2021 currency crash. The lira lost 44% versus the dollar that year and a further 30% in 2022, stoking inflation."

There are worse places than the U.S. Lots of them.

Re: US dollar failing ? - 06/29/23 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB

The Chinks were screwing you over for years de valuing the yuan.

We hadn't noticed that either...

Re: US dollar failing ? - 06/29/23 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Dirt
"Since September 2022, the Fed is cutting back its bond portfolio by about $95 billion per month (only about 1% of its holdings each month) by not purchasing new securities to replace maturing bonds. The balance sheet dropped to roughly $8.3 trillion, down less than 7% from its peak in April, 2022.

The process of the Fed “unwinding” its balance sheet is commonly referred to as quantitative tightening. “This means the Fed is putting less liquidity in the market, requiring other investors to generate demand for bonds,” says Bill Merz, head of capital market research at U.S. Bank."

I believe QT is reducing the money supply. I suspect this is why the dollar is rising against many foreign currencies. As bad as we are at printing money, we apparently are not as bad as most other countries.

Dollar might be rising against some but overall the dollar indexes have been falling since Biden took over.
Posted By: Chancey

Re: US dollar failing ? - 06/29/23 09:48 AM

How did you go bankrupt?

"Slowly at first, then all of a sudden."

Re: US dollar failing ? - 06/29/23 02:27 PM

The dollar index is up from 90 in Jan 21 to 103 today. The dollar index compares the dollar to the U.S.'s most common trading partners( kind of). Euro, British Pound, Japanese Yen, Canadian dollar, Swiss Franc, and Swedish Krone. Since this is a bit outdated I throw in the Chinese yuan up from 1 dollar buys 6.47 to 1 dollar buys 7.25.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums