Home

UPS going to strike

Posted By: dakidsmn

UPS going to strike - 06/30/23 08:03 PM

August 1st it's likely going to be a strike. Biggest reason is the long days and forced 6 days all year long. Also the unending harassment.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: UPS going to strike - 06/30/23 08:08 PM

August 1st is a month away. Hope they get something worked out. If there is a UPS strike, it will upset a LOT of businesses and customers.
Posted By: Oreamnos

Re: UPS going to strike - 06/30/23 08:14 PM

It would negatively impact my business. I hope they sort it out.
Posted By: BigJoe.

Re: UPS going to strike - 06/30/23 08:20 PM

I was at UPS in 1997 when we went on strike. UPS learned a valuable lesson. Yes, the deadline is August 1st. BUT, as long as UPS and the Teamsters agree to continue negotiations, the employees can continue to work and UPS keeps its doors open. We worked for a year without a contract one or two contracts ago.
Can the Teamsters strike? Yes, but a work stoppage hurts a lot of people. Employees, customers, suppliers and so on. It's better for all to keep going to the negotiation table until there is an agreement.
Posted By: dakidsmn

Re: UPS going to strike - 06/30/23 08:22 PM

Hope we don't strike. Nobody wins in a strike. Looks likely that we will strike. We have already had the strike authorization vote which passed with 97%. Last time we struck was in 97
Posted By: Mando

Re: UPS going to strike - 06/30/23 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by dakidsmn
Hope we don't strike. Nobody wins in a strike. Looks likely that we will strike. We have already had the strike authorization vote which passed with 97%. Last time we struck was in 97

I was there for that one.
Posted By: BigJoe.

Re: UPS going to strike - 06/30/23 08:37 PM

A stike vote is just what is says, a vote by members to strike if it is needed. It doesn't mean at midnight July 31st you automatically go on strike. Like I said, if both parties are talking, then that's a good thing.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: UPS going to strike - 06/30/23 08:39 PM

Who can work under those conditions
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: UPS going to strike - 06/30/23 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Who can work under those conditions

Lots of people. And they don't whine about it and/or belong to a union that supports Joe Biden.
Posted By: hippie

Re: UPS going to strike - 06/30/23 08:53 PM

Now it makes sense on why my younger sister retired abruptly from there.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: UPS going to strike - 06/30/23 09:13 PM

Haven't used their crappy company in over 20 years, shut down for good for all i care!

More worthless worker's, people use to be GLAD they had a job, not whine all the time but it was different times back then.
Posted By: bhugo

Re: UPS going to strike - 06/30/23 09:34 PM

I wish the negotiators good luck. Busy company, should be a win win for both parties.
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: UPS going to strike - 06/30/23 11:08 PM

I hope they don’t around here they’re the best there is.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: UPS going to strike - 06/30/23 11:12 PM

More bidness for Fedex
Posted By: Strut10

Re: UPS going to strike - 07/01/23 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
More bidness for Fedex

FedEx doesn't want it. Nor could they handle it. Couldn't in '97. Can't now. USPS is also praying it doesn't happen.

It's a lose-lose proposition for everyone at UPS, too, if it happens.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums