Home

GFW & Beaver Prices?

Posted By: Shakeyjake

GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/05/23 10:30 PM

If they’re offering up to $50CA for an xxl, are they expecting an up tic in value next year?
Posted By: walleyed

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/05/23 10:34 PM

GRONEY ROCKS !!! laugh

w
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/05/23 11:23 PM

Had anyone heard from GFW lately? Didn't see anyone at the NTA and been rather quiet on Facebook?
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/05/23 11:25 PM

He was at the NYSTA convention.
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/05/23 11:31 PM

They can't buy what isn't caught!
[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/shorts/gjmthOW7ukE[/video]
Posted By: nimzy

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/06/23 12:18 AM

Lol
Posted By: Fatheroftwo

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/06/23 12:42 AM

I saw and talked to him at Escanaba NTA, he said beavers were still looking good but wasn’t sure how prices were gonna be. He said it depended on supply. He figured the number of beavers caught in the UP this year would triple.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/06/23 12:53 AM

Guy will be offering a market update and review Saturday AM at the WTA in Antigo. 10 AM.

Bryce
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/06/23 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Shakeyjake
If they’re offering up to $50CA for an xxl, are they expecting an up tic in value next year?

That's up to $36 USD, good winter beaver were up to $69 Last March at FHA, almost double green price. Shearable mid winter beaver will be strong again with the grade being tightened up. No November beaver anymore. Even Waaaaay north.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/06/23 01:54 AM

walleyed talked with Gary last Friday at the NYSTA convention.

Gary said he was considering an early winter pickup
around mid-December in addition to his mid-April spring pickup.

walleyed
Posted By: Boco

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/06/23 02:10 AM

Will see top beaver at FHA hit a hundred this upcoming second sale.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/06/23 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Will see top beaver at FHA hit a hundred this upcoming second sale.

The top 3 or the top 3,000?
Posted By: MJM

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/06/23 02:28 AM

Any time the grade is being tightened up you are seeing resistance. Value is added three ways, tightening the grade, dropping the price, or both.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/06/23 04:33 AM

[Linked Image]

If I can still get $40 US for these kinds of beaver I'm golden this year with my section of big river uglies.
Posted By: alaska viking

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/06/23 04:43 AM

Willamette Specials?
Posted By: newhouse114

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/06/23 07:05 AM

Easily recognized aren’t they!
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/06/23 10:21 AM

Top price he paid for these thin-furred southern beaver was $40 last March. Skint and frozen..not put up.

What's that? About $54 or $55 Canadian?
Posted By: MB Coonguy

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/06/23 01:25 PM

most guys from our areas averaged about $40 canadian-all sizes and qualities in before deductions on North Bay sale-so $50 canadian for XXL might have a hard time cutting it-just saying

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/06/23 01:51 PM

Yep,gonna have to up the game to compete with FHA.
GFW seem to be trying to play catch up right now with FHA
FHA is going to keep raising the bar for the next few sales at least I expect.

I agree with WY Wolfer,I think we will soon see premiums paid for good big prime northern beaver.
Posted By: whartonrattrappe

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/06/23 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by MB Coonguy

most guys from our areas averaged about $40 canadian-all sizes and qualities in before deductions on North Bay sale-so $50 canadian for XXL might have a hard time cutting it-just saying

GFW was paying $30 cash this spring, on average, for a straight run of put up spring Beaver.

$40 CAD all sizes after commissions at FHA is $25 USD or less. Probably more like $23.50.

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/06/23 03:06 PM

I averaged $41CAD last auction, but the double/triple X were $55ish, and those were fall beaver. My biggest winter was a 1x. The bidding was sometimes all over the place for the same grades.
I’m looking forward to watching the next auction!

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/06/23 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by whartonrattrappe
GFW was paying $30 cash this spring, on average, for a straight run of put up spring Beaver.

$40 CAD all sizes after commissions at FHA is $25 USD or less. Probably more like $23.50.

Last spring GFW couldn’t match $30us up here, not even close, $25ca tops. Are the US people dropping this stuff off directly at a GFW warehouse to cut out the middle man? The guys going around Ontario picking up can’t be doing it for free?
Fees off my FHA check was about 11%. Right now our buck is worth about 73 cents.

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/06/23 05:19 PM

[Linked Image]

Bcats and fox were put up.
Beaver skint and frozen.
Posted By: hippie

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/06/23 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
[Linked Image]

Bcats and fox were put up.
Beaver skint and frozen.

I think the overall ave. at FHA was 28, so take the comm. off and time putting them up and Growing is right there.

Tops means nothing if you're selling a collection, not just cherry picking.

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/06/23 05:35 PM

Last spring GFW couldn’t match $30us up here, not even close, $25ca tops. Are the US people dropping this stuff off directly at a GFW warehouse to cut out the middle man? The guys going around Ontario picking up can’t be doing it for free?
Fees off my FHA check was about 11%. Right now our buck is worth about 73 cents.

What time in the spring? These were picked up by GFW the end of April.

The price had went up by then. I heard it went up again after that.

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/06/23 05:42 PM

Swamp, big difference here between put-up and frozen here.

While it may not be worth the time if you were still trapping, putting up Beaver after the season will net you around $8 dollars each.

Edit; now I see your average so about what I thought.

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/06/23 07:09 PM

My avg was 36c after comission-over half smalls and xsm.Reason I had so many smalls was i had kept dried skins for self tanning here and there,but when i seen the prices from the winter auction I shipped them all..
Posted By: kingrat

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/06/23 08:52 PM

I would take a 50 dollar bill for an unfleshed or boarded beaver any day, for the last 20 years they've been almost worthless and that's fleshed and stretched.
Posted By: varmintshooter

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/07/23 12:34 AM

Are we trapping in the same area??

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/07/23 03:58 AM

What time in the spring? These were picked up by GFW the end of April. The price had went up by then. I heard it went up again after that.

I believe it was just after the last auction in May. I asked if they wanted a few mediums I got and they said no. So they’re in the freezer at the FHA warehouse along with 22 L-xxl.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/07/23 03:28 PM

I hope lots of you ship to fha i enjoy reading your posts asking about catalog prices when are they selling my lots what is my lot has anyone gotten a check yet so thank You in advance

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/07/23 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by jeff karsten
I hope lots of you ship to fha i enjoy reading your posts asking about catalog prices when are they selling my lots what is my lot has anyone gotten a check yet so thank You in advance

Lol^^^^

Lack of easy communications with consigners is a big turn off for me. The technology has existed for years for a company like FHA to provide much better access to what's going on.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/07/23 04:14 PM

I actually can relate to a company that is tech deficient just like me. Carry on!
Posted By: hippie

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/07/23 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf

Lol^^^^

Lack of easy communications with consigners is a big turn off for me. The technology has existed for years for a company like FHA to provide much better access to what's going on.

Here's the one I like the most.....

Groeny puts your fur into 4 piles!!!

Then that same guy who shipped asks what lot # xxxx, xx, xxxcx, xxvxxx, xXxX and lot xccxxx brought, lol.

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/07/23 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
I actually can relate to a company that is tech deficient just like me. Carry on!

BP,
I hope this isn't the only way you can "take up" for FHA....lol

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/07/23 10:51 PM

Last auction was my first and I didn’t even know what a lot was. It’s not rocket science.
All the info was there and easy to access if you can google FHA.

Marten
Lot xxxxx
Sold…..you hear the winning bid
Next
Was it a complete gong show before?

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/07/23 11:03 PM

Last auction was my first and I didn’t even know what a lot was. It’s not rocket science.

Marten
Lot xxxxx
Next

A LOT of FHA shippers here on Tman can't seem to figure out how to access their accounts, their lot numbers, or when their check is coming...it's a hoot every sale.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/07/23 11:03 PM

Marten
Lot xxxxx
Next

long time shipper to both NAFA and FHA. In the old days people just waited for their checks and found out how things did. NAFA made it a sporting event, that people would watch and maybe root for their team. Sometimes it's economically important to know the price of stuff, if you have more fur and other marketing options. Sometimes not. IMHO many people want instant gratification in our modern world and FHA does not give out information as timely as NAFA did. They could up their game, but trappers will pay for it through increased commissions or fees on the product.

Re: GFW & Beaver Prices? - 09/07/23 11:32 PM

I had fun watching live, crossing lot numbers & jotting down prices…..the odd “come on! What the eff!” If I missed something, I just slide the bar back a few seconds.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums