Home

Weird encounter with Foriegner

Posted By: jbyrd63

Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 04:04 PM

I was checking trail cams on Tuesday . Back country road with no cell service and 20 miles from anywhere. Was getting my back pack out of the back seat when a Mercedes SUV stopped in the middle of the road and the back window rolled down. A gentleman with a Russian / Serbian /some kind of accent ask me if I would help him. My first thought was he was lost since no service of any kind. He got out and started to walk towards me . IF you looked up Russian Mafia or saw a character in a movie he was dressed the part. Gold chains, Gold Rolex. Mule choking diamonds on every finger. Polyester shirt un buttoned with 5- 6 chains on his neck. Italain leather shoes I picked up my 9 mm that I keep under the back seat of my truck and turned towards him so he saw it. His demeanor never changed and he walked up to me. Can you help me ? he ask again. I replied what do you need. He said he only had a card and needed some cash as he was out of gas. I am not beggar he said. I am very rich man in my country he said in the foreign accent. But I just need cash. He pulled off one of his rings that was as big as any super bowl ring I had ever seen. "You keep ring! I need cash . Card no work" He showed me the inside of the ring it did say 14 K in it. Thing felt like a paper weight.! I gave him 10 bucks and handed him his ring back. He thanked me profusely and said "you good man you kind man you why America is great" I think what I passed on IF the ring was legit. But how would the encounter had ended if I put the ring in my pocket???
Today's world is crazy !! With open borders and crazy everywhere a person never knows.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 04:07 PM

So you got his number right? grin
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 04:11 PM

I kept waiting for the punch line but there warn't one. Crazy!
Posted By: Lance Squires

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 04:21 PM

Good move not accepting the ring. You're right, it could have ended badly.
Posted By: arcticotter

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 04:30 PM

Crazy times for sure. I was In Deadwood a couple months ago playing blackjack at the $5 table. There was 1 guy definitely not from this country at the $100 table playing with 100s like they were dollar bills. Would be interesting to know his story.
Posted By: T-REV

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 04:31 PM

I pulled in my driveway one evening after work. I was walking back to my truck from checking the mail and a nice car with 2 arab looking guys stopped on the road. Both had very nice clothes on and one holds a large gold looking watch out of the window. I already knew it was a scam. They said they needed some gas money in exchange for the watch. I told them I couldn’t help them and there was a store a half mile down the road maybe someone there could help them out. I was already in an ill mood from working all day out in the 90s heat and it didn’t help that they kept pushing it. I told them I don’t have cash only a card anyway. One said you could go to the atm. I replied I ain’t going no F ing where and I already told yall no now go on. They rolled their eyes and left. I mentioned that to a guy that works with us a few months later. He said they tried the same trick on him but they didn’t know he had a good test kit in his van. The watch was fake. I hate people who are too sorry to work for a living. They would rather scheme others to get by.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 04:53 PM

You got scammed lol. These guys do the same thing in Winnipeg. Wearing all that fake jewellery and always gotta show that it’s 14k gold on it. But it’s fake. Here’s my $1000 chain I’ll trade for $20. Please. Please.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 04:59 PM

Did you get a plate number?

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 05:14 PM

NO didn't care . Just wanted him to move on down the road. Don't care if it was Jeff beezos or a dirt poor guy if he ask for gas money I'd help him . If it was a scam that's on him. I did what I was raised to do .....
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 05:20 PM

You may have entertained an angel jbyrd....
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 05:22 PM

It was ten dollars. He really took you! smile

If it was 20 miles from anywhere, he probably lost money to get the 10 dollars.
Posted By: riverratdm

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 05:23 PM

Had something simalar happen to me at a rural gas station here in Iowa. Guy pulled up blocking me in with a new suberban. Asked me to come over, i came halfway and he pulls out a big ring. There was a woman on the passenger side and 2-3 in the back. I waived him away and jumped in my car as quick as possible. They pulled away and a new camaro next to me pulled out. They got on the interstate together headed east. Not sure what they were trying but they had me blocked in before they decided to leave.
Posted By: Mac

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 05:26 PM

Thanks for sharing the story.

Mac
Posted By: warrior

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 05:54 PM

First, he would've been SOL as official company policy, I do not carry cash.

Second, you let the guy get close enough to see 14kt inside of a ring? With a drawn weapon in play? You're lucky he didn't take it away from you and beat you with it.

Just like Miranda any weapon or item on your person can and will be used against you both on the street and in a court of law.

What we have so far is brandishing a weapon, possible assault if you pointed it at him. The fact that you chose to look at his ring and gave him money could be argued against any reasonable fear case you could make.

STOP/DO NOT MOVE are the words to remember if the weapon is ever unholstered followed by beating feet to increase distance and get behind cover.

And consider some retention training if your going to be dumb.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 06:07 PM

Should of just shot him,took all his gold and dragged his sorry carcass to the bait dump.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Should of just shot him,took all his gold and dragged his sorry carcass to the bait dump.

Is that how they handle things in Canada??
Posted By: warrior

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by wissmiss

Only in the easy chair in front of the keyboard.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 06:24 PM

Lol Boco, straight and to the point. I admit, I like the idea.

Like Warrior mentioned, I immediately cringed at letting anyone get that close to me. Anything can happen within touching range.

I know of places that beggars will approach shoppers in the parking lot , such as Walmart, in small groups of three or so, asking for money. In a group they will become intimidating.

I know a guy who uses his "big voice" as a General's command , projected at them from several yards away, long before they get closer to him. I won't use his words exactly here, but his tone and decibels speaks volumes of how serious he is if they continue . They cut off their locked on predatory stare and veer off.

With none of them betting if this totally unafraid man has some serious firepower under his coat or not...

NEVER let them get close to you.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Originally Posted by J Staton

Sure could have
Posted By: hippie

You're alive, he's alive and you may have helped him out. Cha!k it up as experience that you should always be armed.
Posted By: Muskratwalt

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by riverratdm
Had something simalar happen to me at a rural gas station here in Iowa. Guy pulled up blocking me in with a new suberban. Asked me to come over, i came halfway and he pulls out a big ring. There was a woman on the passenger side and 2-3 in the back. I waived him away and jumped in my car as quick as possible. They pulled away and a new camaro next to me pulled out. They got on the interstate together headed east. Not sure what they were trying but they had me blocked in before they decided to leave.

Same thing happened to me last summer at a quick trip while I was getting gas. I told them no I don't have any to give them and notified the clerks inside. What are you talking about?
Posted By: Muskratwalt

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 06:33 PM

Same thing happened to me last summer at a quick trip while I was getting gas. I told them no I don't have any to give them and notified the clerks inside.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 06:39 PM

Sure he wasn't a Nigerian Prince?
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 06:58 PM

Some mentioned him getting to close...What I started doing some years back is telling them... "That's far enough"... Then converse at a distance.

This gives you reactionary time, until you can size things up.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 07:15 PM

You are cold as ice.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 07:18 PM

We have recorded cases of the women going door to door looking for unlocked houses, that they then enter and steal whatever they can get their mitts on.

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 07:50 PM

Good info, Tatiana.

I know of that Orlov Stud farm. Among the most beautiful horses on earth. Along with the Soviet heavy drafts. That would be cause for complete disappearing those thieves. To the "Train Station" without delay.

You cannot "reason" with them, converse with them. They will keep pushing the boundary. The veteran I know doesn't "reason" with them. He yells at them in the short amount of words he uses, and glares right at them. Keeping direct eye contact. He keeps moving. He doesn't tell them he has called anyone. They know, just like the predators they are, that he can back his ONE warning up easily, and he would if they were stoopid enough to press him. They don't. NO stopping, NO conversing...as if you can suddenly talk your way out of what they've already made up their minds to do to you.

They are acting ghetto with you without your permission. They only understand if you return response with ghetto back to them.

The more you run your mouth, the more they see they can push it.

You don't want to gamble if they are harmless beggars or not. They can always be a heartbeat away from deciding to inflict damage on you to see what else they can do to you. You have the right to your space from a stranger closing in on you. Don't freeze and try to be "nice" . Fear paralyzes. Controlled anger motivates.

All my instructors , in firearms and martial arts understand this no nonsense approach and teach how to read body language, how to use your body language, and voice , with very FEW words, one time.

Never stop moving . Don't think you can talk them to death. And never let them get close to you. Always see ahead everywhere you go. Look under parked cars from a distance as you walk. As soon as you are inside your vechile, lock the dang door as soon as you close it.

If someone blocks you in, call the bluff. If they're on foot standing in front of you , with demands, run their behind over. If they have blocked you in their vechile, T bone them and push them aside with vigor. The stronger the vechile you have, the better that will be accomplished. And if you ever need to draw your pistol, roll down your window and sight in on them with your forearms resting on the window sill. That's after nothing else will work , and its them or you that survives. Or they drag you out of your window and take you to a second location...be resolved to die before you allow that invasion of yourself.

If they are at your door, NEVER open it to speak to them. They can hear you from inside. That's easy. Just stay inside and handle them depending on what they do.

These days, with terrorists and criminals and swindlers literally swarming into our country, I wish that these self-defense measures would be taught by everyone to family, friends, students, seniors, everyone .

Like shooting. If you don't instill this as muscle memory in your mind as a serious plan, the chances of being taken totally by surprise, unaware, and reverting back to old "programming" of talking them to death, thinking you can reason them out of it, will end up in a bad result that could have been handled very differently.

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 07:57 PM

If I'm ever traveling and break down, I hope it's in your neck of the woods jbyrd. Looks like a feller would be walking in most places. Lol.
Posted By: Kre

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sharon
Good info, Tatiana.

I know of that Orlov Stud farm. Among the most beautiful hoses on earth.

That must be a Freudian slip. blush
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 08:12 PM

"CHOOT DEM" !!!!! laugh

w

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Kre
Originally Posted by Sharon
Good info, Tatiana.

I know of that Orlov Stud farm. Among the most beautiful hoses on earth.

That must be a Freudian slip. blush

Riiiight. I was quoting Tatiana above.

Your mind must work in mysterious ways, Kre .... Real cute...and the spell check corrected . grin
Posted By: snowy

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 08:15 PM

That was a very smart move what you did. You were thinking and thought it out well. Glad all turned out well.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by wissmiss

No we are not allowed to have guns here,
You are the gun culture,remember?
Here we would invite him to the camp for a jar of screech.

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
First, he would've been SOL as official company policy, I do not carry cash.

Second, you let the guy get close enough to see 14kt inside of a ring? With a drawn weapon in play? You're lucky he didn't take it away from you and beat you with it.

Just like Miranda any weapon or item on your person can and will be used against you both on the street and in a court of law.

What we have so far is brandishing a weapon, possible assault if you pointed it at him. The fact that you chose to look at his ring and gave him money could be argued against any reasonable fear case you could make.

STOP/DO NOT MOVE are the words to remember if the weapon is ever unholstered followed by beating feet to increase distance and get behind cover.

And consider some retention training if your going to be dumb.

No I had put it back in the holster and lain it in the floor board behind me at that point. I showed it to him on purpose so he knew I was armed. That was just 1 of 4 I had with me BUT my 380 was in my hand that was in my front pocket pointed right at his crotch . Finger on the trigger. I was born at night just not last night. I'm to old and crippled to get my ares kicked. Never go anywhere without that little Taurus in my pocket That includes boat ramps Even mail box ! If i'm just in shorts I carry it in my hand . Much to your disappointment I was in complete control of the situation I believe . Looked him straight in the eye at all times . Didn't panic heck didn't even increase my heart rate. LOL . I think a brother buster thru the nut sack might have stopped his advances. I might have left out he was about 25 yards away when he got out of his vehicle. That's when I picked up the 9 mm and just turned so he could see it. Then laid in back inside the truck and put my right hand in my pocket the entire time until I waved good bye...... BUT Since you saw it go down what else did I do wrong.

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
You're alive, he's alive and you may have helped him out. Cha!k it up as experience that you should always be armed.

Hippie I don't even go lock up my detached garage unless I'm carrying 1 sometimes 2 fire arms. Heck the mail box....
Posted By: MJM

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 08:31 PM

And for only$10.
Posted By: beavert

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 08:58 PM

Is that how they handle things in Canada??[/quote]

Only in the easy chair in front of the keyboard.[/quote]

Lol
Posted By: rpmartin

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 09:13 PM

When I opened this I thought you were talking about this foreigner. Lol

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/ySb1f9zWJkQ?si=8in_UpygmgXN1XmU[/video]
Posted By: Osagan

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 09:15 PM

Ran into one just last week. Was at the local Wal Mart putting groceries in the back of the truck. Up came a small statured 30ish woman with small boy in tow. She whipped out a piece of cardboard that had been folded under her arm, unfolded it and held it up for me to see. It read how she was an immigrant, poor and hungry kids blah blah..................

I ask her where she was from and she said "Rooooomania"
Ask her how she got here and she said "We flew''
Ask her who paid for the ticket and she just gave me a confused look.
I told there was a Wendy's right off the edge of the Wal Mart that would pay her $14 an hour and she could go to work there.
She didn't miss a lick and I saw here talking to some one else the next isle over.

I'm sure now I met a genuine old world Eastern European Gypsy.

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 09:19 PM

No we are not allowed to have guns here,

Someday Boco, Mother England may allow you to have guns; if you prove you can be responsible with them.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 10:04 PM

Re: You people BEWARE [Re: randall brannon]#793148619/08/23 11:28 AM
danny clifton Online Content
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Couple weeks ago i stopped at a station in in a nearby small town. A dark skinned man waves to me from an SUV and starts talking about needing gas money. I told him plenty of jobs around he ought to take one. Says no no and starts waving a gold colored ring at me. I told him to get. Talking to the cashier I said a guy outside tried to sell me a fake gold ring. She says "Again ? I am calling the sheriff". I look outside and he is waving it at another guy. So I asked if he was trying to sell him a fake gold ring. He laughs and says yes so I told the thief again he best get. The scammer starts berating me in a foreign language. Rolls up the window and flips me off still jabbering whiles he pulls away. I am mad now and kicked a big dent in his rear quarter panel as he is leaving. He kept going. Which I am glad of now. I was expecting a deputy to show up at my house for damaging his vehicle but no one did. Pretty dumb on my part but his accent sounded like phone scammers that want CC info.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/7931540/re-you-people-beware#Post7931540
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 10:20 PM

I think Boco is typing in the "Satire" font.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 10:33 PM

I had the exact same thing happen to me a few years ago. Got flagged down in the middle of the Highway out here in the middle of the Flinthills. Same story except they kind of looked like middle eastern guys to me but not too good of a judge of nationalities as they mostly look the same to me. I stopped because I'll help people in trouble. Never got out of truck and had one hand on my carry with truck still in drive. Couldn't believe any foreigners where running a scam out here in the country a hour and a half from any city but they sure were.
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 10:51 PM

Maybe the wrong kind.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 10:54 PM

I haven't been accosted yet but down here you gotta be wary because their is a steady flow of cartel traffic all hours of the day and any place no matter how desolate.

Conventional wisdom is that if a man with a gun wants to Jack your ride, let him take it. I and a good number of folks have decided we are too close to the border for that. Cartel thugs will put you down so you cannot flag down a ride and call 911. They only need a couple of hours to get South of the river and it will take longer than that for someone to ID your body and put out a BOLO for your ride.

Stay vigilant guys
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Giant Sage

Maybe the wrong kind.

Or more than likely he just got took. An angel wouldn't bribe u to do good with a diamond ring
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 10:59 PM

You helped someone out. If it was a scam. It is on him. You did the right thing for sure. Always always do the right thing.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 11:31 PM

Imagine the stories that foreigner is telling his friends about now!
Posted By: BandB

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/26/23 11:47 PM

If you hold a $10 way out in front of you, it looks like a $100.

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/27/23 12:09 AM

No it’s more like a dollar lol
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/27/23 12:34 AM

There are more gypsies in every EU prison, by percentage, than natives from those EU countries. In some countries there are more gypsies period, than natives of those countries. Gypsy culture values stealing from and scamming other people. Gypsies have been a major source of crime in Europe for millenia. Gypsies have been a problem in the US for close to 200 years now.

Keith

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/27/23 12:38 AM

WWll, one of the ethnic groups Hitler went after in his final solution were the (Romanies) Gypsies.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/27/23 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by stinkypete
You helped someone out. If it was a scam. It is on him. You did the right thing for sure. Always always do the right thing.

Wake up! There are so many illegals here now, who knows who is safe anymore!

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/27/23 01:14 AM

You got a crown and it only cost you 10 bucks. Good job! Now go pester an Ohio State fan...you deserve it.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/27/23 01:31 AM

Sounds like a fabricated story whistle
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/27/23 01:39 AM

I had a weird encounter at a Foreigner concert but thats for another day.
Posted By: ol' dad

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/27/23 01:58 AM

I had the same encounter at a gas station in Girard Illinois. The look on the guy's face when he realized I had just gave him a fake $20 bill was worth more than all his fake jewelry... and his used bmw.. lol

I always kept a fake $20 bill in my wallet to use when I would find a pile of morel mushrooms or catch a fish. It was scaled down to 2/3rds of the actual size. It always gave me the edge when it came to bragging rights! smile

Ol dad
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner - 10/27/23 01:58 AM

Most every town of 10,000 or more has at least one pawn shop. Most of the pawn shops have signs that say we buy gold and jewelry. They have means to check it as well. If someone needs money right now, has jewelry to sell, why would they be anyplace else????????
© 2024 Trapperman Forums