Home

Friday Night Conspiracy Theory

Posted By: Chancey

Friday Night Conspiracy Theory - 11/18/23 04:10 AM

Scientists are saving the environment by bringing back extinct species to stop global climate change. Here's the link below. Watch the video inserted in the news article. You can't make this stuff up.

"restoring a mammoth ecosystem can preserve permafrost, or ground that remains frozen, and slow the release of greenhouse gases."

Mammoth de-extinction

Re: Friday Night Conspiracy Theory - 11/18/23 04:12 AM

Posted By: James

Re: Friday Night Conspiracy Theory - 11/18/23 04:22 AM

I've read about it: bringing back extinct species. They call it "rewilding." It's a whacked-out eco-theory that since humans caused the extinction of these animals, we humans should bring them back.

The theory that early humans on the American continents caused mass extinctions is itself controversial. For one thing, why didn't humans cause mass extinctions in Africa and elsewhere?

I wrote about the issue in my story "Trapping the Pleistocene," which was recently reprinted in Forever Magazine.

Jim

Re: Friday Night Conspiracy Theory - 11/18/23 04:23 AM

These scientist suggest that bringing back the mammoth will stop or reverse climate change. Does that mean climate change is not human induced?
Posted By: James

Re: Friday Night Conspiracy Theory - 11/18/23 04:24 AM

Seems to me that mammoth farts would only make things worse.

Jim

Re: Friday Night Conspiracy Theory - 11/18/23 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by James
I've read about it: bringing back extinct species. They call it "rewilding." It's a whacked-out eco-theory that since humans caused the extinction of these animals, we humans should bring them back.

The theory that early humans on the American continents caused mass extinctions is itself controversial. For one thing, why didn't humans cause mass extinctions in Africa and elsewhere?

I wrote about the issue in my story "Trapping the Pleistocene," which was recently reprinted in Forever Magazine.

Jim

Agree James. I'll read that story.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Friday Night Conspiracy Theory - 11/18/23 05:47 AM

Only cow farts are bad. Bison and mammoth farts are eco friendly apparently!
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Friday Night Conspiracy Theory - 11/18/23 06:21 AM

The reason that megafauna lasted longer in Europe and still exists in Africa is that it adapted to human predation, slowly over eons. Megafauna in the Americas developed without human predation. Once humans arrived, it could not adapt quickly enough to survive.

I don't believe mammoths would have a measurable impact on climate. I think it would be interesting to have them around again. The only negative I see is that human activity would likely be highly restricted in areas they were introduced too.

They would not really be the same as ancient mammoths. They would just be a close, human made approximation.

Keith
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: Friday Night Conspiracy Theory - 11/18/23 07:13 AM

When will humanity learn; just because we can, doesn't mean we should!
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Friday Night Conspiracy Theory - 11/18/23 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Scott__aR
When will humanity learn; just because we can, doesn't mean we should!

Yeah, haven't these idiots seen jurassic park?
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Friday Night Conspiracy Theory - 11/18/23 02:32 PM

Hang on a minute.

Sooo by what they are saying ... the last ice age ended because the mammoth died out and if we re invent them, we could have ski resorts in Florida's and go skating in the everglades. Them pythons are not going to like them news

Makes perfect sense now don't it crazy
Posted By: logger coffey

Re: Friday Night Conspiracy Theory - 11/18/23 03:48 PM

I no there stupid , but it would be fun to hunt a woolly mammoth . wonder what size trap it well take to hold a saber tooth tiger.?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums