Home

Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event

Posted By: tdtrapper

Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/12/23 12:44 AM

I AM proud to announce we will be holding the 2nd annual Gulf coast veterans trapping event on the 1st weekend of February. I appreciate everything all you good folks donated last year. And once again we are asking for any donations yall can help us with. You will receive a shirt with all the sponsors on it and a cap. And your name or business name will be on the banner we will have. Anything you can spare will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you. my address and phone number are.
Terry Dowden
1153 Hwy 451
Moreauville La 71355
cell# 318 240 3041
once again thank you for any donations.
God Bless you and God Bless America.
Posted By: J.C.

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/12/23 01:05 AM

Oh that looks awesome
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/12/23 01:27 AM

That sounds great. What type of donations are you looking for?
Posted By: Rockfarmer

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/12/23 01:30 AM

Terry, was just thinking about this the other day. Great job last year!! Hope it does great again this year. Can or will you accept monetary donations and if so, how do you want the check made out. Message me if you need to.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/12/23 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by backroadsarcher

X2
Posted By: Osky

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/12/23 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by backroadsarcher

X2

X3

Osky
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/12/23 10:53 AM

watching,
Posted By: keets

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/12/23 11:10 AM

I'll put together a box this week
Posted By: Trappeur Gunny

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/12/23 11:39 AM

I was one of the veterans that attended last year. It was a life changer for me. I used to trap in high school, running about a 100 sets and was thinking of getting a trap or two just for fun. Out of the blue I got a call and was asked if I wanted to attend a trapping "class" for a couple of days. I told them I couldn't afford to buy gear at that time, and I was told it was all provided. I didn't think it was going to be anything special, but I attended anyway. Mr. Cletus and Terry not only gave me one on one instruction on trapping, but changed my entire attidtude towards life. I had "checked out" and was just going through the motions of day to day life dealing with combat injuries and wounds from being wounded mulitiple times. They fired me up and I had enough gear to get started.

Now I'm running a trapline, a life member of the Louisiana Trappers and Alligator Hunters Association, teach trapping and having the BEST time of my life! I have lost weight, spend my days outside, and have a great outlook on life.

In Febuary I will be helping with this event, paying forward for what Mr. Cletus and Terry have done for me.

Mike "Gunny" Cheramie
GySgt USMC Ret

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/12/23 12:11 PM

Thank you Gunny im proud to have you as a friend now.
we will be teaching and actually trapping everything from mink to coyotes. I have thousands of acres of private property.And several of these farms will be saved meaning not trapped on until the event.
Any lure, traps, bait or trapping equipment will help. No matter how small or big. Any donations are greatly appreciated. Any money sent can be written out to me. And 100% of anything you guys send will be used solely for this event.. As I'm certain Cletis Richards and Gunny will attest to. Im very proud to have been a long time trapping partner of Cletis Richards and he helped with this event last year. And Gunny im still banking on you being here for the event this year. So anything from mink to coyote trapping will be fine.
Any Questions or concerns please contact me. And for those of you that donate please PM me your address and shirt size. You will be receiving a shirt and a cap in February. Again thank you guys.
Posted By: Trapset

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/12/23 01:38 PM

It can be tough to donate this time of year with everything going on. But this cause is worth digging deep for IMO! Great idea, thanks Terry!
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/12/23 02:11 PM

How many wounded warrior veterans do you expect to have? Will y'all be doing any beaver trapping?
Posted By: panaxman

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/12/23 02:21 PM

I'm in Terry.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/12/23 04:22 PM

What traps can they use? I am asking about physical limitations more then anything. Will paypal work with you as well?
Posted By: broncoformudv

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/12/23 06:22 PM

As a Veteran I would like to say thank you to tdtrapper and everyone else that is making this event happen!

Drifter from my experience their limitations can be physical or mental so any and all traps can be used depending on the individual.

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/13/23 12:01 AM

Guys I appreciate everything yall are doing. I along with all of you want to show my appreciation for what these guys have and are doing for our country. My ole man BG Dowden did 2 tours in Nam. And I made a promise to myself that if God gave me the opportunity to give something back I would. We had a very good 1st annual event and look forward to the upcoming event. And without great people like yall this would not happen.
So thank you all very much.

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/13/23 01:00 AM

tdtrapper do we pm you with items that we can send or just send it to the address given plus tracking.

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/13/23 01:06 AM

You can send it to the address here to my house. Please pm me your Name address and shirt size please.
Posted By: 3togo

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/13/23 09:02 PM

ttt
Posted By: w side rd 151

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/13/23 09:17 PM

Thanks for all of you that put on this da for wounded warriors They have stepped forward when it came to serving our country And some recognition for their service is certainly deserved .GOOD JOB TO ALL OF YOU !!!.
Posted By: poconobear

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/13/23 09:49 PM

Hi Terry. Glad to hear about the 2nd wounded warriors trapping event. I’ll be sending you a package after the holiday
Thanks again for all you do

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/13/23 11:27 PM

Thank you guys for all that you do to help me with this event.
We have 2 veterans coming in tomorrow for our 1st deer hunt. We are doing 1 hunt before Christmas with 2 vets and we will have our 2nd hunt in January. Me and my trapping partner Mark Conners have a good coyote and cat line out some of those traps are on the farm we are having the deer hunt on so they will hopefully get to see a few coyotes get caught and get them fired up for the trapping event. I appreciate all you folks for the support.

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/14/23 06:39 PM

TTT
Posted By: FranktheTank

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/14/23 08:06 PM

Mike! How are you my Cajun! Still remember you getting accosted by the waitress at the catfish parlor for ordering un-sweetened tea..."Are you lookin' out for your girlish figure, or you from the Noath?"

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/14/23 08:58 PM

Got a lure that worked for you but no label? Some traps you never set since bought them ? Send em on so they can put them to work.
Posted By: Trappeur Gunny

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/14/23 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by FranktheTank
Mike! How are you my Cajun! Still remember you getting accosted by the waitress at the catfish parlor for ordering un-sweetened tea..."Are you lookin' out for your girlish figure, or you from the Noath?"

That was a funny one!

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/15/23 06:38 PM

Im still receiving pm's and alot of good feedback. Thank you guys for all you are doing.

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/19/23 01:48 PM

Anything you can spare is appreciated. I will continue to ask for donations until mid January. I'm honored to be able to do this for these guys. We had a deer hunt with 2 of these veterans last week and we are having another hunt January 5th thru the 7th. On our first hunt One of the guys that attended told me about his deployment. There is a docuseries about the battle he was involved in Sadr city in Iraq. The name of the series is THE LONG ROAD HOME. If you want to see what some of these guys went thru I suggest you watch it. I'm certain some of you guys and ladies that lived through combat like this series depicts still and always will be a tough thing to deal with. These hunts, fishing trips and this trapping event helps get these guys and gals in the outdoors and seems to me to help them enjoy life a little more. When we are sitting around eating and talking I keep my mouth shut and my ears open and let them talk to each other. I can definitely tell when I'm not worthy of being involved in some of their conversations. Just thought I would share this with you. I will continue to try to be a part of this organization and do all I can to help them and I thank you for helping us do this trapping event.
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/19/23 06:09 PM

Don't have time to get traps, lure and other gear together so I will send money for food, overhead and other expenses. Who should I make the check-out to?

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/19/23 06:50 PM

Mike you can make the check out to me.
Terry Dowden. You can be assured every penny will be used for the event.
on our first deer last week we were able to feed and take care of all the guys needs and we were able to send the director home with a thousand dollars extra for the foundation. Thank you and please pm me your address and shirt size.
TD
Posted By: trappingthomas

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/20/23 02:48 AM

tdtrapper am I correct on assuming Michigan traps (foothold) will likely be usable in Louisiana? If so I have a bunch of new ones literally hanging around. Do you need Coni's or Footholds more? Have both. Willing to put my extra to use in your hands.

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/23/23 07:34 PM

Yes sir anything will do and is much appreciated. Thank you

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/31/23 11:35 PM

Im gonna keep this going until January 12th then we will end it. The shirts and caps will be sent out in early February. Wife has to design our logo for this year. Get the banner complete and have time for the wife and the girls to get our shirts and caps ready. Thank all of you that have donated to our event. We are having our 2nd deer hunt this coming Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Got 4 veterans coming in for this hunt. Then I will start preparing for the trapping event. Thank ALL of you guys and gals that served for our country.
Terry Dowden

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/31/23 11:40 PM

I am putting my package together tomorrow. Will pm what is coming your way. Good work you are doing! Happy New Year!
Posted By: E.J. Kelley

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/31/23 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Trappeur Gunny
I was one of the veterans that attended last year. It was a life changer for me. I used to trap in high school, running about a 100 sets and was thinking of getting a trap or two just for fun. Out of the blue I got a call and was asked if I wanted to attend a trapping "class" for a couple of days. I told them I couldn't afford to buy gear at that time, and I was told it was all provided. I didn't think it was going to be anything special, but I attended anyway. Mr. Cletus and Terry not only gave me one on one instruction on trapping, but changed my entire attidtude towards life. I had "checked out" and was just going through the motions of day to day life dealing with combat injuries and wounds from being wounded mulitiple times. They fired me up and I had enough gear to get started.

Now I'm running a trapline, a life member of the Louisiana Trappers and Alligator Hunters Association, teach trapping and having the BEST time of my life! I have lost weight, spend my days outside, and have a great outlook on life.

In Febuary I will be helping with this event, paying forward for what Mr. Cletus and Terry have done for me.

Mike "Gunny" Cheramie
GySgt USMC Ret

Thats amazing to hear right there!!!!
Posted By: keets

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 12/31/23 11:58 PM

shipped my box last Wednesday, you should get it this week

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 01/01/24 12:26 AM

Box is packed ready to ship, what a great event!!
Posted By: E.J. Kelley

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 01/03/24 03:00 PM

TTT
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 01/03/24 03:26 PM

Awesomeness

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 01/03/24 11:06 PM

Man it makes me feel good to know that there are alot of good folks like all of you out there donating to this event. Please don't forget to send me yalls address shirt size and name or business name you want on the back of the shirts and the banner for our event.
Thank yall

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 01/07/24 04:52 PM

[img]http://[/img]

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 01/07/24 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by tdtrapper
[img]http://[/img]

I see nothing. fyi

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 01/11/24 02:58 PM

I apologize for my failed attempt to post some pictures of our 2nd deer hunt with our group of guys that came to the hunt. We had a very successful 3 days of hunting. I appreciate all you folks that have donated to the trapping event and I am looking forward to it. I have some untouched trapping ground set aside for the 4 guys that will attend the event. I need a go to person I can send pictures to when we get started with the event. To post pics for me. Please send me your name and cell number so I can get the pictures to you when with we get started. 4 more days and I will end donations to get banner, shirts and caps complete.
Thank you all

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 01/16/24 03:13 PM

I appreciate all of the fine folks on here that donated to the upcoming event. We are ending our request for donations at this time. So we will have time to get the shirts, caps and banner designed and ready for the event. I have been out doing some scouting for sign of our target animals and have them located. We are going for everything from mink to coyotes I have plenty of properties to work with and we will do our best to get these guys a crash course of knowledge and hands on trapping experience. So thank you all for donating to this event and I look forward to having a good time with our veterans.
Thank you.
God bless you
And God Bless America
Terry Dowden
Posted By: Rockfarmer

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 01/16/24 03:43 PM

Great job Terry! Keep it up!

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 01/16/24 05:02 PM

If you can Email the pictures to me I will post them for you. Just let me know.
Posted By: CJonesFTA

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 01/16/24 05:54 PM

Terry - about how many veterans are ya'all expecting? I want to put together a box of our FTA waterproof trap cards and some other things to send, but want to make sure I include enough.

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 01/16/24 07:18 PM

Thank you miss Cristina sent you a PM

Re: Our wounded warriors 2nd annual trapping event - 01/16/24 07:21 PM

And Thank you Drifter you can contact me on here or by cell.
318 240 3041 I can get my wife to email you.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums