Home

Good wiper blades?

Posted By: Gary Benson

Good wiper blades? - 01/23/24 08:34 PM

That stay flexible when it's cold?
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Good wiper blades? - 01/23/24 08:37 PM

They all suck your best bet is to replace them often but one ice storm can do them in pretty quick.
Posted By: kenny k

Re: Good wiper blades? - 01/23/24 09:23 PM

Law dog.......you are right.....I haven't found any good wipers in years ....
They all make to much noise ....
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Good wiper blades? - 01/23/24 09:25 PM

I like the Rain-X latitude line
About $15-$20 each but they work good.

Other premium wipers are good too.

FYI to all reading this , always break loose your wiper blades by hand when frozen to the glass. Don't use the power of the wiper motor to do it. A lot of wiper arms are aluminum where it meets the steel stud of the wiper motor. This is done on purpose. If the wipers are stuck and you turn on the motor , it is designed to strip the aluminum part on the wiper blade so the motor does not get damaged. Kinda like a fuse the wiper arm will break rather than the more costly motor. Always break them free by hand first.

Re: Good wiper blades? - 01/23/24 10:12 PM

Good point. It kills me when the blades chatter across the glass. Like nails on a chalkboard.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Good wiper blades? - 01/23/24 10:21 PM

I caught a clearance sale I think they were about to move the rack holding them , I filled a 5 gallon pail with the sizes I use

plenty of pre heat time with defroster on high to melt that crud off

leave the snow on the windshield just start it up and run the defrost , the snow insulates it and you get a layer of melt under the snow

then just before ready to leave push the snow off and run wipers
Posted By: Mando

Re: Good wiper blades? - 01/23/24 10:21 PM

Put Nufinish car polish on your windshield and wipe it off gently like car wax. It will leave a film on the glass that aids in keeping water off it. Works better than rain x and you don't get the glare at night from oncoming headlights. That will help your wipers work better too.

Re: Good wiper blades? - 01/23/24 10:26 PM

The Rain-X Latitude line are completely silent , no noise. That's the main reason I like them. Second reason is they are pure silicone and you get no streaks.

FYI to all , good wipers in some ways are more important than good brakes , good tires , good headlights.

They are safety equipment. If you can see much further with good wipers , the brakes,tires and headlamps are less important.

Don't skimp , get decent ones , replace them often.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Good wiper blades? - 01/23/24 10:27 PM

Just replaced mine a month ago at NAPA.

Asked for the cheapest pair they had in the store,

$43.00 !!! shocked

Highway Robbery !!!

They are all junk !!!

w
Posted By: ABeardedTrapper

Re: Good wiper blades? - 01/23/24 11:21 PM

I have always used Rain x but I recently but a set of Bosch blades on my wife’s truck. I really like them nice and quiet and seems to reduce glare at night while driving in the rain and snow. Eric

Re: Good wiper blades? - 01/23/24 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by walleyed
Just replaced mine a month ago at NAPA.

Asked for the cheapest pair they had in the store,

$43.00 !!! shocked

Highway Robbery !!!

They are all junk !!!

w

Ouch. I've found that some NAPA stores are a bit more money sometimes but they usually have decent stuff and the staff is more knowledgeable.

I get my wipers at Wal-Mart - about 18 bucks each.

www.walmart.com/ip/Rain-X-Latitude-...0x%20lattitude&veh=sem&gclsrc=ds

Originally Posted by ABeardedTrapper
I have always used Rain x but I recently but a set of Bosch blades on my wife’s truck. I really like them nice and quiet and seems to reduce glare at night while driving in the rain and snow. Eric

I got Bosch on a car I bought a couple years ago. Looked like a nice wiper , worked good.
Posted By: elsmasho82

Re: Good wiper blades? - 01/23/24 11:43 PM

I don’t know much about car parts, but I have seen that the price of wipers is RIDICULOUS!!!!!! Honesty I’m not that OLD but I seem to remember that they used to cost about 6 bucks each. Now they’re like 30-40.

It’s cheaper to WRECK
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Good wiper blades? - 01/23/24 11:47 PM

Bosch
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Good wiper blades? - 01/23/24 11:48 PM

I wait for the 20% off sale and get my next set then.

Re: Good wiper blades? - 01/23/24 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by elsmasho82
I don’t know much about car parts, but I have seen that the price of wipers is RIDICULOUS!!!!!! Honesty I’m not that OLD but I seem to remember that they used to cost about 6 bucks each. Now they’re like 30-40.

It’s cheaper to WRECK

I remember even cheaper than that ($6)
You can still get cheaper wipers under $10 , but ya get what ya pay for. Rain-X has about 4 levels of quality of wipers with the Lattitude line being the premium selection. Bosch has several lines too.

If ya get the cheapest level of Rain-X or Bosch , I would not expect anything to be the greatest. The newer premium lines have a considerable edge of plain blades of years ago. I feel like it is a high performance part that delivers excellent results. Try them once , you will not go back to the cheap ones.
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Good wiper blades? - 01/23/24 11:58 PM

I've used Anco blades I guess I don't have any complaints.
Posted By: ksfowler166

Re: Good wiper blades? - 01/24/24 03:31 AM

I have Bosch Icon blades on my car and they seem to hold up well. Worth the money in my opinion having come from the cheapest blades I could buy.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Good wiper blades? - 01/24/24 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
I caught a clearance sale I think they were about to move the rack holding them , I filled a 5 gallon pail with the sizes I use

leave the snow on the windshield just start it up and run the defrost , the snow insulates it and you get a layer of melt under the snow

Very informative Pete.....Do you own Pete’s Driving School ?
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Good wiper blades? - 01/24/24 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

I put my wipers in the air, stand them up off of the windshield.
Warm like you say and push off the snow, put the blades down and good to go.
It helps to keep the blades from freezing to the windshield in ice.
That's the main reason for blades to start to fail.
Posted By: DanN

Re: Good wiper blades? - 01/24/24 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
They all suck your best bet is to replace them often but one ice storm can do them in pretty quick.

They do all suck nowadays. A couple years ago I found some new old stock trico blades at a thrift store that are about 25 years old and they are still holding up better than the $40 dollar ones you buy today. They had a whole box for a buck each , wish I would have bought em all.
Posted By: Snyde901

Re: Good wiper blades? - 01/24/24 12:53 PM

Another vote for Bosch, have to laugh at the guys saying they bought they cheapest they can find and then complain they are junk crazy
Posted By: Howell Bros

Re: Good wiper blades? - 01/24/24 12:55 PM

Rain X

Re: Good wiper blades? - 01/24/24 12:59 PM

Thank you Guys!
Posted By: garymc

Re: Good wiper blades? - 01/24/24 01:52 PM

I had always ran the rain-X. Entering this winter the wife and I both needed wiper blades to replace the blades that came from the factory. I bought a set of Rain-X for hers and I tried a pair of Bosch. So far I like tha Bosch just as much as the rain x blades and they were a few bucks cheaper on Amazon. We will see how they compare in the long haul, but from the looks of them they will be on par with the rain x.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Good wiper blades? - 01/24/24 03:11 PM

Change out wiper blades ...spring and fall... also wax my Windshield
© 2024 Trapperman Forums