Home

.22/.17 Hornet AR-15

Posted By: Wolfdog91

.22/.17 Hornet AR-15 - 02/02/24 10:34 PM

So was just thinking about some stuff while reading on some old forums. Gotta 6hr ride to Galveston so got time . Anyhow ...how hard do y'all think it would be to build a AR in .22 or .17 hornet ? Now the reason I brought the old forums post was because years back people where talking about how it would be impossible to make a .22mag or .17 HMR AR due to the rim and other stuff....but in the last three years a few companies have come out with them and they all seem to work pretty well and pretty affordable. And similar was said about .22 hornet but looking at the cases ..... Well not a ton of difference don't see why with a little work you count make a BCG head that fits . I Mena look at a them
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The only two issues I can think of are the necks ( and that's more on the .22 hornet then the .17) and the mags.
And honestly if went went with a k hornet I think it would work even better

Anyone can think of how this could/ couldn't work ?

Re: .22/.17 Hornet AR-15 - 02/03/24 05:56 PM

No one ?
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: .22/.17 Hornet AR-15 - 02/03/24 06:05 PM

I think you could make it work and I am sure its been done. AR platform is sure enough fun. 22 hornet is a dandy little round. Mine has shot a few red fox, one deer, one badger, lots of jack rabbits and prairie dogs for bait. Handi rifle.
Posted By: FL cracker in AK

Re: .22/.17 Hornet AR-15 - 02/03/24 06:56 PM

I have a 5.7x28 upper for my ar15, which is almost identical to a 22 hornet ballistically, it is also the most reliable gun of any kind I've ever had for snowmachining, even in -40 weather. It's rimless. CMMG upper that dropped on my regular lower. Very accurate as well.

Re: .22/.17 Hornet AR-15 - 02/04/24 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by FL cracker in AK
I have a 5.7x28 upper for my ar15, which is almost identical to a 22 hornet ballistically, it is also the most reliable gun of any kind I've ever had for snowmachining, even in -40 weather. It's rimless. CMMG upper that dropped on my regular lower. Very accurate as well.

Geeez thanks now I'm looking hard at this grin

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Trapperman Forums