Home

Minnesota Trappers Day at the Capital

Posted By: goldy

Minnesota Trappers Day at the Capital - 02/17/24 04:57 AM

The annual Trapper's Day at the Capital will be on Tuesday, March 12th from 10:00 - 2:00. The meeting place is room 300 south in the State Office building. Its the same place as it always has been, just a different room.
If you're coming, now is the time to schedule appointments with both your Senator and your House of Representative's member. Their meeting schedules fill up quickly, so don't put off scheduling. When you schedule a meeting, (phone or email) tell them you are a constituent and are going to be at the Capital for the Trapper's Day and want to meet with them. That way they can include all the Trappers in one meeting if there are multiple people from their district coming that day. Schedule your two meetings at least 45 minutes apart, an hour is better, to give you time to go between the House and Senate. Done be nervous about meeting your legislators, they want to hear for their constituents. I or someone else will be happy to go with you into the meetings if you prefer. If you know other trappers in your area, carpool, and go to the meetings together. We had a good turnout last year of both trappers and legislators, lets do even better this year.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Minnesota Trappers Day at the Capital - 02/17/24 02:25 PM

I plan on making it this year. Let's hope bad weather isn't a concern like it was last year.
Posted By: ScottW

Re: Minnesota Trappers Day at the Capital - 02/17/24 02:43 PM

Dang it! Won’t be able to make it this year as I have an in person work meeting that day I can’t miss.

I highly recommend attending for anyone, ESPECIALLY if you have a democratic representative so you can maybe get a meeting with them to educate. Randy and company ca. give priceless information and help for conveying pertinent and important information to these folks who in some cases are simply completely unfamiliar and misinformed.

Huge thank you to those who helped organize this and attend! Happy trapping! ScottW
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Minnesota Trappers Day at the Capital - 02/17/24 03:17 PM

Hunters for Hunters is planning a day in the near future to the capitol regarding the wolf problem in MN and opening it up to hunting and trapping wolves.. Our sportsmen club is working with them to charter buses to take people down.
Posted By: Woodsloafer72

Re: Minnesota Trappers Day at the Capital - 02/17/24 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
Hunters for Hunters is planning a day in the near future to the capitol regarding the wolf problem in MN and opening it up to hunting and trapping wolves.. Our sportsmen club is working with them to charter buses to take people down.

Not gonna happen as long as Walz is in office.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Minnesota Trappers Day at the Capital - 02/17/24 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Woodsloafer72
Originally Posted by Trapper7

Not gonna happen as long as Walz is in office.

Exactly right. He has made it clear that he would veto any bill that came to him to allow hunting and trapping of wolves. The guy from Hunters for Hunters said if wolves were taken off the endangered species list, Walz couldn't stop an open season on wolves in MN. Not so sure about that.
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: Minnesota Trappers Day at the Capital - 02/17/24 06:34 PM

DNR would have to set the seasons and who pays them. Don't see it happening.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Minnesota Trappers Day at the Capital - 02/18/24 01:40 AM

Sorry to say it Randy, I have work meetings that week

Re: Minnesota Trappers Day at the Capital - 02/18/24 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Sorry to say it Randy, I have work meetings that week

Well that bad news

Re: Minnesota Trappers Day at the Capital - 02/18/24 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by ScottW
Dang it! Won’t be able to make it this year as I have an in person work meeting that day I can’t miss.

I highly recommend attending for anyone, ESPECIALLY if you have a democratic representative so you can maybe get a meeting with them to educate. Randy and company ca. give priceless information and help for conveying pertinent and important information to these folks who in some cases are simply completely unfamiliar and misinformed.

Huge thank you to those who helped organize this and attend! Happy trapping! ScottW
Yes! If you have a democratic Senator or House member I would be very interested in going to the meeting with you. It was very frustrating getting meetings with democrats last year. Sorry you cant make it this year Scott

Re: Minnesota Trappers Day at the Capital - 02/20/24 01:36 AM

TTT
Posted By: ceelmo.trap

Re: Minnesota Trappers Day at the Capital - 02/20/24 04:09 PM

Kudos and thanks to all that make it there to represent the Mn trappers.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums