Home

Covid symptoms

Posted By: corky

Covid symptoms - 03/02/24 05:22 PM

About 8 days ago my wife goy a real bad cold, so we thought. She generously shared it with me 5 days ago. She is almost completely recovered and I am getting there. We did not get tested but today I noticed I have no sense of smell. Sally's sense is diminished. I even tried putting a jar of Vicks to my nose and smelled nothing. For those that have had that symptom, how long did it take to regain your sense of smell?
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Covid symptoms - 03/02/24 05:27 PM

Just got mine back 3-4 days ago. Was only gone for 4 days. Never got very sick, just cold symptoms. They say on-line that other colds will cause it, but I've never lost my sense of smell and taste before covid. I tested negative for covid though,,, ????
Posted By: Mando

Re: Covid symptoms - 03/02/24 05:29 PM

It all depends on the person. Some days. Some months.
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: Covid symptoms - 03/02/24 06:24 PM

Loss of smell doesn’t automatically mean covid. It can just as easily be a normal cold. And at this point the two are extremely similar.
Posted By: randall brannon

Re: Covid symptoms - 03/02/24 06:47 PM

It all depends on the Person. The kid from Clarksburg WV was hit and killed riding wheelies on !-79 and according to the Paper he died of Covid. I'd say his symptoms must have been pretty extreme.
Posted By: 2bit

Re: Covid symptoms - 03/03/24 03:18 AM

COVID is going around. I got over it about a week ago. Contracted it from the hospital when I went to get stitches. It was a nasty bug that got me. Shivers and sweats at night is tell tale. I never lose my taste, I've had it twice real bad, and twice not bad at all.
Posted By: 2poor

Re: Covid symptoms - 03/03/24 03:29 AM

I had Covid twice. Truth be told, I have had worse hangovers in my younger years !
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Covid symptoms - 03/03/24 03:34 AM

I don't have any faith in their "tests" for this stuff.

I recently was the sickest I've been in well over a decade. Like, couldn't get out of bed sick, for 3 days. Went to urgent care and they tested me for strep, flu, and Covid and said I had nothing, maybe a sinus infection. Gave me antibiotics and sent me home. A week later I was a little better but not much. I could only get up off the couch for maybe 15-20 minutes before laying back down. Went back to urgent care, they ran all the tests again, said I had Flu B now. Meanwhile, I'd given whatever it was to my husband, and by the middle of the second week I was starting to get better (I could now go 3-4 hours without having to lay down) but he was getting worse. Took him to the ER one morning as he said he felt awful. They said he had Covid. He had been nowhere (not even a store) for over 2 weeks. How did he catch Covid if not from me? But even after his diagnosis, I took an over the counter covid test the next day and it said negative.

None of that makes any sense to me.
Posted By: Pop

Re: Covid symptoms - 03/04/24 12:41 PM

The test are pretty unreliable. We had a patient in the ED with symptoms. They ran the test and it came back negative. Doctor was just sure that she had Covid so he had her retested. Came back positive. I asked with, maybe, a touch of sarcasm - "What are we going to do ? Take the best of 2 out of 3 ? ". It came back positive so I guess she had Covid.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Covid symptoms - 03/04/24 12:50 PM

The good news, in my absolutely unqualified opinion, is after you been bad sick with it you have some immunity. I kept working. Was unbelievably exhausted. Drank 5 hour energy drinks and coffee to keep going. Turned it into pneumonia. Then I was really sick. Tested positive a few weeks ago. Unbelievably tired. Was only sick a few days. Didnt go to work either.
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: Covid symptoms - 03/04/24 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
I don't have any faith in their "tests" for this stuff.

I recently was the sickest I've been in well over a decade. Like, couldn't get out of bed sick, for 3 days. Went to urgent care and they tested me for strep, flu, and Covid and said I had nothing, maybe a sinus infection. Gave me antibiotics and sent me home. A week later I was a little better but not much. I could only get up off the couch for maybe 15-20 minutes before laying back down. Went back to urgent care, they ran all the tests again, said I had Flu B now. Meanwhile, I'd given whatever it was to my husband, and by the middle of the second week I was starting to get better (I could now go 3-4 hours without having to lay down) but he was getting worse. Took him to the ER one morning as he said he felt awful. They said he had Covid. He had been nowhere (not even a store) for over 2 weeks. How did he catch Covid if not from me? But even after his diagnosis, I took an over the counter covid test the next day and it said negative.

None of that makes any sense to me.

But look at all the money these Tests generated.
Posted By: BandB

Re: Covid symptoms - 03/04/24 02:50 PM

When my son had it, he went to the local urgent care. Tested negative, but the doctor said "You have Covid. Come back in 2 days and you will be positive. " He did and was.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Covid symptoms - 03/04/24 03:03 PM

It's all "Chinese" to me too

I had the Cvid. once ...didn't lose my smell
My Wife 3 times... she lost her smell one time...

Confusing
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Covid symptoms - 03/04/24 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pop
The test are pretty unreliable. We had a patient in the ED with symptoms. They ran the test and it came back negative. Doctor was just sure that she had Covid so he had her retested. Came back positive. I asked with, maybe, a touch of sarcasm - "What are we going to do ? Take the best of 2 out of 3 ? ". It came back positive so I guess she had Covid.

We had 3 different test kits for Covid. I tested positive with all three tests. I tested with all three because I thought it would be much worse than it was and couldn't believe I had it. I thought the tests were wrong.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums