Home

Need help with EBay problem

Posted By: Nittany Lion

Need help with EBay problem - 03/04/24 05:24 PM

I sold an item to a customer that lives in Michigan, but spends his winters in Florida. His eBay address is for Michigan, but sent me a message through eBay to mail the item to his Florida address. I am trying to print a mailing label through eBay but I can't figure out how to change the address. Would appreciate some help.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Need help with EBay problem - 03/04/24 05:49 PM

I would contact the buyer thru ebay and tell him to change his mailing address on ebay doubt anyone else can change someones address anyplace outside of the original subscriber
Posted By: DiggerDale

Re: Need help with EBay problem - 03/04/24 05:51 PM

You might not be able to change the ebay address.
You could print a label directly from the USPS site and type the tracking # into the ebay order details form..
Gonna cost you a little more..

Or just tell the buyer "no can do"
Posted By: roztocki

Re: Need help with EBay problem - 03/04/24 05:56 PM

He should have both addresses listed and when he pays he has the option of which address is used. It is up to the buyer not the seller to provide correct address prior to payment. Looks like you may have to go to post office and ship without the eBay label?

Re: Need help with EBay problem - 03/04/24 06:07 PM

Thanks for the replies, I made a label through Pirate Shipping and recorded the tracking number though eBay.
Posted By: DiggerDale

Re: Need help with EBay problem - 03/04/24 06:25 PM

Any price difference between Pirate shipping and ebay shipping???
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Need help with EBay problem - 03/04/24 06:33 PM

Sounds like you found a way around the problem. I have edited the buyers address on ebay labels but it's been awhile so I couldn't tell you how off the top of my head. Seems like ebay's discounts have improved some. For awhile it wasn't much of a discount at all. One time I got a message that said I saved five cents by shipping with ebay.

Re: Need help with EBay problem - 03/04/24 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by DiggerDale
Any price difference between Pirate shipping and ebay shipping???

In this case they were the same.
Posted By: blackoak

Re: Need help with EBay problem - 03/05/24 02:17 AM

Be careful there are a lot of scammers that are pretty sneaky and like to take advantage of guys like us! I would have contacted Ebay for the answer. To be covered under Ebay rules I think you are supposed to ship only to the address the buyer provides to Ebay. The buyer should have contacted Ebay and updated his address
Posted By: dixieland

Re: Need help with EBay problem - 03/05/24 02:59 AM

Why get hung up over printing a shipping label. Write it out the fashioned way, go in and enter tracking number, DONE. I don’t waste money on tracking labels.

Re: Need help with EBay problem - 03/05/24 03:21 AM

How do you get the tracking code on the package then?
Posted By: Chuckles84

Re: Need help with EBay problem - 03/05/24 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by blackoak
Be careful there are a lot of scammers that are pretty sneaky and like to take advantage of guys like us! I would have contacted Ebay for the answer. To be covered under Ebay rules I think you are supposed to ship only to the address the buyer provides to Ebay. The buyer should have contacted Ebay and updated his address

As long as the buyer messaged him through ebay to change the address then all is well and ebay will protect the seller. I had a buyer that paid for an item and then messagede and asked me to delay shipping it for 2 weeks as he wasnt home and didnt want the package stolen. So I did as he wanted and ebay dingedy account for not shipping on time. A call to ebay and told them it was at the buyers request through ebay messages, they checked the message and removed the ding.
Posted By: Chuckles84

Re: Need help with EBay problem - 03/05/24 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by dixieland
Why get hung up over printing a shipping label. Write it out the fashioned way, go in and enter tracking number, DONE. I don’t waste money on tracking labels.

Hopefully your post is in jest.

Re: Need help with EBay problem - 03/05/24 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by dixieland

Going through eBay or in this case Pirate Shipping you get a discount on postage and when you print out the label you get the tracking number which is on the label. I am not wasting money, I am saving money.

Re: Need help with EBay problem - 03/05/24 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by TurkeyWrangler

Pirate Shipping issues a label which I can print, the tracking number is on the label.
Posted By: newtoga

Re: Need help with EBay problem - 03/05/24 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
Thanks for the replies, I made a label through Pirate Shipping and recorded the tracking number though eBay.

This, I get change of address all the time on eBay.

Re: Need help with EBay problem - 03/05/24 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
Originally Posted by TurkeyWrangler

Pirate Shipping issues a label which I can print, the tracking number is on the label.

Yes, I was talking to the guy that likes to write out his labels and type in the tracking number. I guess he must just be paying retail at the post office. He's walking over dollars to pick up nickels.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums