Home

So much for an afternoon off

Posted By: elsmasho82

So much for an afternoon off - 03/05/24 06:24 PM

Gotta spend it at the stupid dentist! It’s just a cleaning but there’s like seven thousand other things I’d rather be doing!
Oh well I’d rather get it over with before morels pop up and the trout are biting
Posted By: k snow

Re: So much for an afternoon off - 03/05/24 06:31 PM

Gotta take of those pearly whites.

Any body who likes going to the dentist isn't right in the head.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: So much for an afternoon off - 03/05/24 06:33 PM

I was at the dentist yesterday. I love going there. There isn't anything better than feeling the smooth, sparkling pearly whites of great dental hygiene. Well, Snow, I guess I am not "normal " that way grin

If the mouth has trouble, the whole body goes sour with bacterial infection and inflammation.

I had mine whitened , yesterday, though. Love how clean and white they look. Only thing is, I won't enjoy my coffee for a while. The only drawback.

Good on you for taking care of yourself.

Re: So much for an afternoon off - 03/05/24 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by k snow

Three girls I work with love going. Love having their teeth scraped.
I’ll have to take two Advil after I’m done cause my hygienist is really rough!!
Posted By: k snow

Re: So much for an afternoon off - 03/05/24 06:36 PM

Maybe I've been traumatized. But having my gums stabbed til they bleed and my teeth wrenched on until they are sore is not my idea of fun.

Re: So much for an afternoon off - 03/05/24 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Sharon
I was at the dentist yesterday. I love going there. There isn't anything better than feeling the smooth, sparkling pearly whites of great dental hygiene. Well, Snow, I guess I am not "normal " that way grin

If the mouth has trouble, the whole body goes sour with bacterial infection and inflammation.

I had mine whitened , yesterday, though. Love how clean and white they look. Only thing is, I won't enjoy my coffee for a while. The only drawback.

I don’t drink coffee hardly ever but I could stand some whitening!! I never miss a dental cleaning;Go every six months but I hate it. And you’re right about dental health affecting the rest of the body!

Re: So much for an afternoon off - 03/05/24 06:38 PM

Snow, that never happens with me. Cleaning is easy and pain free. Every time. No bleeding. My dentist and the staff says Im their poster girl for healthy teeth and gums.

Im sure having a good dentist makes a difference too. Ive just had very good ones.

Re: So much for an afternoon off - 03/05/24 06:40 PM

Good girl, E82, the time will fly by and you'll be out and smiling in no time grin
Posted By: 3togo

Re: So much for an afternoon off - 03/05/24 07:16 PM

If people brush twice a day and floss not likely their gums will bleed.

If they still do, then there is probably another underlying cause.
Posted By: jk

Re: So much for an afternoon off - 03/05/24 07:48 PM

"Three girls I work with love going. Love having their teeth scraped.
I’ll have to take two Advil after I’m done cause my hygienist is really rough!!" x dentist here, be glad she is rough(there can be too rough but not likely) a gentil cleaning and those who use the watery buzzie cleaner only I will not go to and I LIKE my new hygienist........jk
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: So much for an afternoon off - 03/05/24 07:52 PM

I've been blessed with haahd enamel

Nevah had a tooth ache....nevah a broken tooth

No crowns...none pulled.

All original....just one small cavity in my entire life.

Yes ...the dentist is a breeze...lol
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: So much for an afternoon off - 03/05/24 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by elsmasho82
Originally Posted by k snow

Three girls I work with love going. Love having their teeth scraped.
I’ll have to take two Advil after I’m done cause my hygienist is really rough!!

My wife loves having her teeth scraped and that root scaling done.

I had the root scaling don'e once and told the dentist afterwards if he ever planned on doing that to me again I wanted knocked out.

I had to get a tooth filled yesterday. Even with the Novocain I felt every rotation of that drill.
Posted By: charles

Re: So much for an afternoon off - 03/05/24 09:19 PM

Odd that you should post about your dental appointment today. I checked my calendar last night and discovered that I missed an appointment with my dentist yesterday. I could have sworn the appointment was today. Called this morning to apologize and the receptionist told me the appointment was next Monday, not yesterday. Whew. Didn't want to get billed for an appointment I missed.

Bad to get to old age and have to battle your memory all day long.
Posted By: Shakeyjake

Re: So much for an afternoon off - 03/06/24 12:16 AM

I haven’t been since covid…..lol. One of these days I’ll have to go. Problem is, if they know you got dental coverage, they make you use it up weather your teeth need it or not.
Posted By: Boco

Re: So much for an afternoon off - 03/06/24 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by charles
Odd that you should post about your dental appointment today. I checked my calendar last night and discovered that I missed an appointment with my dentist yesterday. I could have sworn the appointment was today. Called this morning to apologize and the receptionist told me the appointment was next Monday, not yesterday. Whew. Didn't want to get billed for an appointment I missed.

Bad to get to old age and have to battle your memory all day long.

Get one of those big arse calendars that you can write stuff on
Works for me.
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: So much for an afternoon off - 03/06/24 12:51 AM

I hate getting my teeth cleaned

Especially that polishing BS

My hygenist is great and so is my dentist but I don't care for the process
Posted By: trappingthomas

Re: So much for an afternoon off - 03/06/24 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Sharon

X2 used to hate it. Now like the way I feel really clean!
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: So much for an afternoon off - 03/06/24 01:25 AM

I’ve got one hygienist I go to the my dentist is pretty good also, if the hygienist quits I’m not sure what I’ll do, I’ve been to some that I couldn’t even stand and I have them drill without Novocain.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums