Home

How much oil

Posted By: Ark Trapper

How much oil - 03/18/24 11:06 PM

Does a 2017 f150 radiator hold?
And what weight?
Posted By: duck45

Re: How much oil - 03/18/24 11:08 PM

I believe radiators hold water, not oil.
Posted By: houndone

Re: How much oil - 03/18/24 11:09 PM

You may talking about anti freeze not oil.

Re: How much oil - 03/18/24 11:15 PM

Lol I'm kidding....sort of

One on my deputies took his truck over to the sheriff's office for a oil change tire rotation and fluid fill. And they put about 3/4 gal of oil in the radiator. Someone used a antifreeze jug for oil and the inmate just picked it up and started pouring without looking.
Truck only made it about 6 miles before overheating. They are trying to clean up their mess now

I don't know how you could not see that but I guess
Posted By: walleye101

Re: How much oil - 03/18/24 11:17 PM

Key word- inmate.

Re: How much oil - 03/18/24 11:29 PM

Exactly Walleye
That's why I do my own. Elected official or not I crawl right under there and go to work. Lol
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: How much oil - 03/19/24 12:00 AM

you would think you would notice it wasn't bright green or orange ?

maybe time for a not so random drug check on that inmate.

I also do my own , just did the wife's Friday evening.

Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: How much oil - 03/19/24 12:06 AM

better check the oil mite be where the anti-freeze went
Posted By: Osagan

Re: How much oil - 03/19/24 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Ark Trapper
Someone used a antifreeze jug for oil and the inmate just picked it up and started pouring without looking.

Criminals ain't that smart.

Re: How much oil - 03/19/24 12:15 AM

the more I think about that the less sense it makes it doesn't even have a radiator cap it has an expansion tank that you fill and even if it took 3/4 of a gallon it shouldn't have pulled that much in.

although oil and antifreeze probably make a foaming mess when run through a pump.

it is also a big clear tank right up front.

there was a whole lot of not paying attention happening there.

Re: How much oil - 03/19/24 12:32 AM

I also doubt he got that much in there no way it was nearly a gallon low, maybe a quart. But it was enough for a mess. I just can't imagine not noticing oil .
I hope it flushes out OK I asked them to drain and run dish soap through it and then a good radiator flush. Hopefully it didn't hurt too much.
Posted By: jk

Re: How much oil - 03/19/24 12:53 AM

One of two things....#1 he does not like you, or #2 he does not care about anything he does. He is just blowing time and our taxes

Re: How much oil - 03/19/24 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by jk
One of two things....#1 he does not like you, or #2 he does not care about anything he does. He is just blowing time and our taxes

he is in jail/prison probable serving a relatively short sentence for something not to violent so the caring part might be sort of an obvious personality flaw for a person like that.
often people who wander through life find themselves serving a little time for not thinking or caring.
Posted By: Striperfred

Re: How much oil - 03/21/24 02:27 PM

A local dirt track had track prep struggles last week when an employee topped off the fuel tanks in water trucks and the grader with gas-it’s not just inmates.
Posted By: Trapset

Re: How much oil - 03/21/24 02:47 PM

I’d say better than average chance that was not a mistake.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: How much oil - 03/22/24 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Ark Trapper
Lol I'm kidding....sort of

One on my deputies took his truck over to the sheriff's office for a oil change tire rotation and fluid fill. And they put about 3/4 gal of oil in the radiator. Someone used a antifreeze jug for oil and the inmate just picked it up and started pouring without looking.
Truck only made it about 6 miles before overheating. They are trying to clean up their mess now

Our Sheriff has our vehicles serviced a local garage with licensed techs doing the work.
The inmates shovel snow, wash police vehicles and keep our little league ball fields nice in spring. But mechanical work is left to pro's.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums