Home

Well, shucks!

Posted By: trapperkeck

Well, shucks! - 04/19/24 10:31 PM

I ordered a 28 gauge O/U from Midway and they shipped a 20 gauge. The stock/receiver was the correct serial number for what I ordered, but the barrels were wrong. CZ Drake... Now, we will see how they handle it. Glad I had it sent to my buddy who is FFL and it was caught before transfer!
Posted By: la4wd54

Re: Well, shucks! - 04/19/24 11:21 PM

Keep the 20 ga barrels and tell em to ship 28 ga barrels. If they are interchangeable, boom two guns!

Re: Well, shucks! - 04/19/24 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by la4wd54
Keep the 20 ga barrels and tell em to ship 28 ga barrels. If they are interchangeable, boom two guns!

Problem is, the 28 ga is now out of stock. Fortunately, I now have a line on a better deal than Midway was offering. Hoping to just have FFL send back for a refund!
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Well, shucks! - 04/20/24 03:08 AM

It's always nice to have two guns...................
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Well, shucks! - 04/20/24 10:43 AM

It will be interesting to see how Midway handles this.
Posted By: WBG

Re: Well, shucks! - 04/20/24 11:07 AM

If barrels interchange than not built on a true 28 frame.

Re: Well, shucks! - 05/01/24 10:49 PM

Well, here's an update. Midway returned the gun they sent to me with 20 ga barrels. My buddy, ffl, ordered one through his supplier for me. He, explicitly, told them to open the box and make sure it is a 28 gauge, before shipping. He received an email today, all 26 of the CZ Drake 28 gauges they had in stock had 20 gauge barrels in the box. It appears, CZ has a bit of a quality control problem!
Posted By: MJM

Re: Well, shucks! - 05/01/24 10:55 PM

Maybe CZ will nock 50% off for the trouble and grief they caused you.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Well, shucks! - 05/01/24 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by trapperkeck
Well, here's an update. Midway returned the gun they sent to me with 20 ga barrels. My buddy, ffl, ordered one through his supplier for me. He, explicitly, told them to open the box and make sure it is a 28 gauge, before shipping. He received an email today, all 26 of the CZ Drake 28 gauges they had in stock had 20 gauge barrels in the box. It appears, CZ has a bit of a quality control problem!

Very interesting. That causes a bit of a logistical problem for the manafactuer to get the correct barrels to all the guns in stores.

Easiest , cheapest way to fix that would be a fire sale on 20ga guns. Keep your eyes open....lol
© 2024 Trapperman Forums