Home

Made some quad shooting sticks

Posted By: Wolfdog91

Made some quad shooting sticks - 05/18/24 02:52 AM

Posted about these before. Not really common at all on this side of the ponds but my friends across the ponds use them all the time and said I should try building a set to try. And with all the elevated shooting I have to do right now due to the high grass said why not. Honestly needed to make them taller but since I had these 1/4" x4' fiber galls poles already said why not. Honestly it's not hard to build a set at all. Can use wood , bamboo, metal whatever. Just used these because their light and hard to break. But yeah just build two sets of regular shooting sticks . Make one set have a shallow V and one set with a deep V the. Bold the bottoms together so they can scissor and rotate. Have one set be high her the other so you only have two points in the ground instead of four
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Them just take some rope ( I used 550 cord ) and tie a length between the two sets on one side ( or both) as a stop this is basically so when you deploy it they don't go out any further then you'd like. Me I have mine set so they only lengthen out enough so the very front on my stock for ended is on the front V and the back V is a bit behind my firing hand.
[Linked Image]

Looks complicated and slow but honestly if you have the 5 brain cells it takes to use a regular set of shooting sticks and and rock you body back and forth their pretty easy to use. Can very easily deploy and set up in a few seconds and go from standing crouching to sitting very quickly.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

It's super stable because you get a support on the back side as well as the forearm. That being said you can just as easily use them as a normal pair of sticks by just keep the set pressed together
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Also made a little lanyard ( really just a foot of 550 cord with a loop on one end and a carabineer on the other ) that you can clip into your belt loops and let's you be completely hands free. Which is nice for reloading
[Linked Image]
Now it's not perfect at all , not thee easiest thing to use when it comes to left to right movement so no, not the best for fast moving targets jump shooting ect . But spot and stalk stuff well possibly. Also makes a decent walking stick and it's heavy or bulky like a regular tripod.
Anyhow lil teaser of it being used full video coming out soon
Posted By: elsmasho82

Re: Made some quad shooting sticks - 05/18/24 02:56 AM

You’re a busy guy!

Re: Made some quad shooting sticks - 05/18/24 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by elsmasho82
You’re a busy guy!

Lol nah just ADHD laugh
Posted By: NebrCatMan

Re: Made some quad shooting sticks - 05/18/24 11:27 AM

Wolfie.... those are cool but..... your a steel fabricator man, aren't you ? Never the less it looks like your having fun tinkering and always building !! That's GREAT !
Posted By: Guss

Re: Made some quad shooting sticks - 05/18/24 12:00 PM

I made some years ago.
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: Made some quad shooting sticks - 05/18/24 01:05 PM

Lots of potential there for people that hunt in ground blinds, interesting design
Posted By: gcs

Re: Made some quad shooting sticks - 05/18/24 02:03 PM

Have you tried a 2 stick bipod?, make them short or long, easier to deploy, and very light.

I made a set out of 2 arrows, wrapped the pivot with bungee at a point where you could use it prone, or turn it upside down and use it sitting. A standing bipod is just longer and folded together you can use it as a walking stick.

I used mine in the sitting position on prairie dogs and accuracy wasn't limited.

Re: Made some quad shooting sticks - 05/18/24 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by gcs
Have you tried a 2 stick bipod?, make them short or long, easier to deploy, and very light.

I made a set out of 2 arrows, wrapped the pivot with bungee at a point where you could use it prone, or turn it upside down and use it sitting. A standing bipod is just longer and folded together you can use it as a walking stick.

I used mine in the sitting position on prairie dogs and accuracy wasn't limited.

Sure have smile feel these are a just as quick
© 2024 Trapperman Forums